LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

2012 PAC 12 Champion Stanford Cardinal Football/ Rose Bowl Thread

• vaden
  • Veteran
This is why I hate Notre Dame. 20 years of watching the refs steal games for them.
Yeah that was a TD. b******t call by the refs, in addition to that horrible personal foul call at the end of the 4th.

Still, shame on Stanford for the most unimaginative play-calling possible in that situation. 4 chances to score and each time it's a run up the gut straight into the strength of the Notre Dame D.

I swear, whether I'm watching 49er or Stanford football, that s**t just does not work on the goalline. Not with 11 in the box. You might squeeze it through, but most of the time it gets stuffed. It completely goes against what their offense is supposed to be about: exploiting mismatches and misdirection.

Notre Dame spread the D, put the ball in the air, and scored easily. Stanford played it safe, kept beating their heads against a brickwall, and fell short. I cannot understand for the life of me why they didn't even try to get Ertz or Toilolo matched up against a DB in that situation.
His progress had already been stopped and the whistle blown- don't give me this "refs handed ND the game- bullsh!t."

1/2 of the D was damn near at the 10 yard line celebrating to stop by the time Taylor reached over.

Still though, Good game, Stanford. Your biggest mistake (besides goal line predictability) was knocking Golson out of the game.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
His progress had already been stopped and the whistle blown- don't give me this "refs handed ND the game- bullsh!t."

1/2 of the D was damn near at the 10 yard line celebrating to stop by the time Taylor reached over.

Still though, Good game, Stanford. Your biggest mistake (besides goal line predictability) was knocking Golson out of the game.

They wouldn't have reviewed it if the whistle was blown.
The wrong Cards lost.
that was a TD

I F'n HATE Notre damnit.
The Cards hiding the Bears with an axe
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

C'mon, bro. You know that was a TD. Tim Brown, while being coy and not outright saying it, pretty much admitted on the radio that they blew that call and it was a TD.

Play a little defense why don't you......
Go Ducks

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Go Ducks

While Oregon will most likely win, I dont think theres a chance in hell they cover that spread.
Originally posted by Marsh:
upset coming?

that would be epic.
Hey Herbstreit....... STFU.

His name is Hogan, not 'young freshman'
He had the go route wide open. Pull the trigger Hogan.
Unbelievable a qb with an 80 yard scramble.

You're fast, you go to Oregon. Nothing else matters. IQ, criminal record, nothing.
Share 49ersWebzone