Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Mayweather made more money in 1 fight last year, than the top 10 MMA fighters did all year. MMA sucks face it. Every time there is a big boxing match (IE: Pacman/PBF vs whoever) everybody in their mom orders the fight. Speaking of moms, my mom (56 yrs old) can name about 3-5 boxers, and could give a s**t about MMA. Which is why it fails. MMA Can't attract regular folks. What are we on UFC 100545754654???? and still no one gives a s**t. Look at the line up of ufc fighters recently

Brock Lesnaer WWF superstar really? I would love to see Lesnar step into a boxing ring vs a Vitali K. or his brother. He would KO in 30 seconds tops. Not be a champion.
Kimbo Slice youtube sensation wow?
James Toney 42 yr old washed up boxer really Dana? Really?

10 years ago nobody knew who Pac-Man and PBF were, now these cats are everywhere.
Which is why Entertainment wise: Boxing > MMA, always has been always will be.
Dana White is joke as a CEO compared to OLDH and Bob Arum.

And to answer the question in a genuine street fight, where the fighters fight standing and don't b***h out and roll around on the ground boxer wins 10/10 times.
I always hated watching a street fight that ended up on the ground, STR8 gay.

One of the most unintelligent posts I have ever read. Congratulations.

Is it really? all facts.
Brock Lesnar went from WWF to UFC champ seamlessly. FACT.
James Toney is washed up. FACT.
PBF makes more money in 1 fight than the top 10 MMA guys. FACT.
MMA struggles to reach mainstream audience. FACT.

What is so unintelligent about the post?

What's unintelligent is that your post had nothing to do about the point of this thread. But let me respond to your "facts".

Brock Lesnar was a division I wrestling champion that also happened to be a WWF champ. So what?! Just cus he was employed with the WWF, he's that much less of a fighter? Who cares. He came in and beat some of the top heavyweights in the world due to his strength, quickness, and agility for a man that fights at 285 pounds. That's a lot more than what the Klitschko bros have been doing.

James Toney followed Dana White around for two years continuing to talk s**t about MMA and how "gay" it was. He talked about how his boxing would negate anything else his MMA opponent would do. He was given the opportunity to give boxing the upper hand when he got a fight against a 46 year old Randy Couture. Couture beat him convincingly. Yes, Toney is washed up, but he is still a boxing champ. What does that say about boxing?

Boxers make more money, yes. They've been mainstream for centuries. MMA is moving up. The fighters don't necessarily care if they make a quadrillion dollars a fight. All they care about is fighting. Guys who will fight the best out there. They don't have promoters or the choices, the president of the company makes the fights exciting for the fans. They know what the fans want to see.

You saying that MMA hasn't reached the mainstream just proves how your posts aren't even close to credible. The Versus Network, Spike TV, CBS, ESPN all televise MMA. The UFC alone has held events all around the world. How is that not mainstream?!

Check your bias at the door.

Lou Dibella's best argument: "You don't love boxing!"

Joe Rogan. WOW. Dude is a moron. He has as much cred in sports as a Kardashian Sister. Child Please. Joe Rogan

psst! your ignorance is showing

Pssst! Your ignorance has already been seen

Joe Rogan has a brown belt in BJJ, a black belt in taekwando and is a regular at MMA training gyms. Dude knows the sport.

I would suggest you take your trolling elsewhere, because you are getting thoroughly pwned in this thread.

Sixth really...Only dudes getting owned is you and your MMA fan boys. Like I said I have your ignorance before.
Joe Rogan isn't biased he gets a paycheck from UFC, all he knows is
UFC. I love his argument...He knows UFC but knows nothing about boxing. He said I watched boxing growing up. AWESOME.

Joe: Boxing is getting swallowed
Lou: UFC.....is ( by Joe Interrupts Again)

Another bulls**t argument. Joe Rogan follows all martial arts, hence his love for both sports. But the guy had been following MMA since before it got so big.

You obviously didn't pay attention to his argument. Lou Dibella didn't even know what to say. MMA has grown. Is it bigger than boxing? Of course not. Will it get bigger than boxing? I think it will.

Check the voting poll again. MMA over Boxing. The only one getting owned in this thread is you.

Like I said before...check your bias at the door. As a matter of fact, don't even come in this thread, cus your arguments are that of a 5 year old.

Lou Dibella is a boxing promoter with lots of knowledge of sports, he obviously didn't want to engage in some school girl type argument style debate like Joe did. The SC Guy was laughing at Rogan, cuz hes a joke. He reminds me of arguing with a girl and she won't shut up, yeah he looked classy and smart. MMA fan boys on this thread keep saying were growing blah blah. Like PBF said women lie numbers don't MMA is what soccer is in the USA right now. and I love soccer. 5 year old arguments you keep arguing MMA has grown and it hasn't check the numbers man, they don't lie. Keep trying to predict the future, its awesome.
49ers will win the next 5 super bowls, that was fun, I love this game you like to play.
This should be an argument only when MMA fighters start putting up Oscar Dela Hoya type contracts.

Dana White and the Fertitas are singlehandedly preventing MMA stars from raking in the big bucks. The UFC and WEC payouts are a joke. If I remember correctly Shane Carwin only banked 40k for his HW title fight against Lesnar. Really.....40k for a UFC championship fight? No wonder Fedor Emelianenko wont sign with the UFC.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
This should be an argument only when MMA fighters start putting up Oscar Dela Hoya type contracts.

Dana White and the Fertitas are singlehandedly preventing MMA stars from raking in the big bucks. The UFC and WEC payouts are a joke. If I remember correctly Shane Carwin only banked 40k for his HW title fight against Lesnar. Really.....40k for a UFC championship fight? No wonder Fedor Emelianenko wont sign with the UFC.

yea, UFC is f'n cheap! Considering all the money they make off PPV sales alone, they should definitely be paying these guys MUCH more.
Mayweather made more money in 1 fight last year, than the top 10 MMA fighters did all year. MMA sucks face it. Every time there is a big boxing match (IE: Pacman/PBF vs whoever) everybody in their mom orders the fight. Speaking of moms, my mom (56 yrs old) can name about 3-5 boxers, and could give a s**t about MMA. Which is why it fails. MMA Can't attract regular folks. What are we on UFC 100545754654???? and still no one gives a s**t. Look at the line up of ufc fighters recently

Brock Lesnaer WWF superstar really? I would love to see Lesnar step into a boxing ring vs a Vitali K. or his brother. He would KO in 30 seconds tops. Not be a champion.

10 years ago nobody knew who Pac-Man and PBF were, now these cats are everywhere.

And to answer the question in a genuine street fight, where the fighters fight standing and don't b***h out and roll around on the ground boxer wins 10/10 times.

Is it really? all facts.

What's unintelligent is that your post had nothing to do about the point of this thread. But let me respond to your "facts".

Brock Lesnar was a division I wrestling champion that also happened to be a WWF champ. So what?! Just cus he was employed with the WWF, he's that much less of a fighter? Who cares. He came in and beat some of the top heavyweights in the world due to his strength, quickness, and agility for a man that fights at 285 pounds. That's a lot more than what the Klitschko bros have been doing.

James Toney followed Dana White around for two years continuing to talk s**t about MMA and how "gay" it was. He talked about how his boxing would negate anything else his MMA opponent would do. He was given the opportunity to give boxing the upper hand when he got a fight against a 46 year old Randy Couture. Couture beat him convincingly. Yes, Toney is washed up, but he is still a boxing champ. What does that say about boxing?

Boxers make more money, yes. They've been mainstream for centuries. MMA is moving up. The fighters don't necessarily care if they make a quadrillion dollars a fight. All they care about is fighting. Guys who will fight the best out there. They don't have promoters or the choices, the president of the company makes the fights exciting for the fans. They know what the fans want to see.

You saying that MMA hasn't reached the mainstream just proves how your posts aren't even close to credible. The Versus Network, Spike TV, CBS, ESPN all televise MMA. The UFC alone has held events all around the world. How is that not mainstream?!

Joe Rogan. WOW. Dude is a moron. He has as much cred in sports as a Kardashian Sister. Child Please. Joe Rogan

Joe Rogan has a brown belt in BJJ, a black belt in taekwando and is a regular at MMA training gyms. Dude knows the sport.

I would suggest you take your trolling elsewhere, because you are getting thoroughly pwned in this thread.

Sixth really...Only dudes getting owned is you and your MMA fan boys. Like I said I have your ignorance before.
UFC. I love his argument...He knows UFC but knows nothing about boxing. He said I watched boxing growing up. AWESOME.

Another bulls**t argument. Joe Rogan follows all martial arts, hence his love for both sports. But the guy had been following MMA since before it got so big.

You obviously didn't pay attention to his argument. Lou Dibella didn't even know what to say. MMA has grown. Is it bigger than boxing? Of course not. Will it get bigger than boxing? I think it will.

Check the voting poll again. MMA over Boxing. The only one getting owned in this thread is you.

Like I said before...check your bias at the door. As a matter of fact, don't even come in this thread, cus your arguments are that of a 5 year old.

Lou Dibella is a boxing promoter with lots of knowledge of sports, he obviously didn't want to engage in some school girl type argument style debate like Joe did. The SC Guy was laughing at Rogan, cuz hes a joke. He reminds me of arguing with a girl and she won't shut up, yeah he looked classy and smart. MMA fan boys on this thread keep saying were growing blah blah. Like PBF said women lie numbers don't MMA is what soccer is in the USA right now. and I love soccer. 5 year old arguments you keep arguing MMA has grown and it hasn't check the numbers man, they don't lie. Keep trying to predict the future, its awesome.
49ers will win the next 5 super bowls, that was fun, I love this game you like to play.

I'll be the first to admit that I am definitely a huge fan of MMA. Been watching it since I was a child. I've been a big fan of boxing as well. But I see success under MMA. Right before the original Ultimate Fighter, MMA let alone the UFC wasn't even close to mainstream. Since then, there have been MMA events all around the world once or twice a month. Back then, we would be lucky to get four events the whole year. That alone is a huge step up especially for the UFC who helped bring MMA back to life.

That argument between Rogan and Lou was classic and Rogan definitely won the debate IMO. You say Rogan was like a school girl in that debate. Who started it? It was Lou who all of a sudden said that Rogan wasn't a boxing fan despite not even knowing him. Then what did Rogan do? He talked about some of the greatest boxers that he had the pleasure to watch. But back to the main argument of this thread, and even Lou agreed. In boxing, a boxer wins. In MMA, the MMA fighter wins. It's apples and oranges. In a street fight, the MMA fighter wins, cus more likely than not, the fight will go to the ground.

Oh and please, bring up the numbers that you keep saying show that MMA hasn't grown. Last time I checked, it's grown hardcore from having prime time television slots, to video games, to toys, having an annual expo in Las Vegas, MMA gyms opening all around the world.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
For the record:

I grew up on boxing, shoot my dad was an assistant trainer under coach Todd King at the Kaneohe gym. Now my dad is the assistant or former assistant boxing commissioner in Guam. I boxed from the age of 12-16, and like I said saw the movie BloodSport with Jean-Cluade Van Damme and the rest was history. From that moment on I loved everything about Martial Arts. Now its evolved even more, it use to be Kickboxing this and Taekwondo that, now its all changed with ground attack and defense and in the end my I still say an MMA fighter would own a boxer 9 times outta 10 in a REAL street fight.

Is MMA growing damn straight it is, boxing has been around since the late 1800's MMA has been around since the early 90's. Of course Boxing is bigger, but for how long.
For the record:

I grew up on boxing, shoot my dad was an assistant trainer under coach Todd King at the Kaneohe gym. Now my dad is the assistant or former assistant boxing commissioner in Guam. I boxed from the age of 12-16, and like I said saw the movie BloodSport with Jean-Cluade Van Damme and the rest was history. From that moment on I loved everything about Martial Arts. Now its evolved even more, it use to be Kickboxing this and Taekwondo that, now its all changed with ground attack and defense and in the end my I still say an MMA fighter would own a boxer 9 times outta 10 in a REAL street fight.

Is MMA growing damn straight it is, boxing has been around since the late 1800's MMA has been around since the early 90's. Of course Boxing is bigger, but for how long.

Oh stop being a fan boi
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
For the record:

Oh stop being a fan boi

Can't help it dry humping is fun!!
Originally posted by okdkid:

Saying nobody cares about MMA is somewhere between pathetic and moronic. You're letting your boxing bias get the best of you.

Just as a gauge of the public's interest:

EVERY UFC gets on SportsCenter. In fact, ESPN has an entire 30 min show devoted to MMA. How many boxing specific shows do they have? For that matter, aside from the Mayweather/Manny drama...what other boxing event even makes it on SportsCenter... or any other sports show for that matter?

That's a solid gauge for the public's interest. ESPN doesn't show boxing because nobody cares. It's dying. Your post admits alludes to this since it reeks of desperation.

MMA beats boxing events in PPV buys. MMA had a run on network television and practically have an entire channel (Spike) devoted to the sport.

You've got to be kidding me with the "nobody cares about MMA" BS.

I go to Vegas for big time boxing matches and UFC fights...the crowds don't compare...the money spent on tickets doesn't compare. There are faster sellouts, crazier crowds and tickets that cost more (due to demand) at all UFC events.

Boxing is on its way out. I realize you'll hold on tightly to your once beloved sport. But this country wants a sport that requires a full range of athleticism, more technical know-how, and more dramatic finishes. Boxing just doesn't have it.

Boxeo Azteca, ESPN Friday Night Fights, Top Rank Boxing, HBO boxing, Shobox, etc, etc... can't remember them all

Is it really? all facts.

Lol, UFC swallows!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Poor Boxer.

That's funny I didn't see a fighter b***h out and take it to the ground. Only one who was on the ground was the boxer.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Found another CROSS-OVER. Don't know squat about the other guy, but it says he was an ex-champ.
Look at all of these wack ass videos.

Chumps fighting MMA Hall of famers.

''Anderson Silva?''

lol

Congrats crzy, you drama queen. You've suceeded in making another thread full of questions and drama.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Look at all of these wack ass videos.

Chumps fighting MMA Hall of famers.

''Anderson Silva?''

lol

Congrats crzy, you drama queen. You've suceeded in making another thread full of questions and drama.

Where are they supposed to start, like I said, if boxing promoters would give them the money fights do you think they would turn it down?? In boxing MMA fighters at the bottom of the list, do you think they deserve title shots?? Obviously no boxing promoters think so, so how else are they suppose to start off in boxing??
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

Boxers train for 12 rounds

MMA......3
Share 49ersWebzone