Originally posted by valrod33:
I need to chime in on this.

MMA is Gay

That is all

MMA will also kick your arse!

well, yeah

I'd protect you though

I love you

Mayweather made more money in 1 fight last year, than the top 10 MMA fighters did all year. MMA sucks face it. Every time there is a big boxing match (IE: Pacman/PBF vs whoever) everybody in their mom orders the fight. Speaking of moms, my mom (56 yrs old) can name about 3-5 boxers, and could give a s**t about MMA. Which is why it fails. MMA Can't attract regular folks. What are we on UFC 100545754654???? and still no one gives a s**t. Look at the line up of ufc fighters recently

Brock Lesnaer WWF superstar really? I would love to see Lesnar step into a boxing ring vs a Vitali K. or his brother. He would KO in 30 seconds tops. Not be a champion.
Kimbo Slice youtube sensation wow?
James Toney 42 yr old washed up boxer really Dana? Really?

10 years ago nobody knew who Pac-Man and PBF were, now these cats are everywhere.
Which is why Entertainment wise: Boxing > MMA, always has been always will be.
Dana White is joke as a CEO compared to OLDH and Bob Arum.

And to answer the question in a genuine street fight, where the fighters fight standing and don't b***h out and roll around on the ground boxer wins 10/10 times.
I always hated watching a street fight that ended up on the ground, STR8 gay.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Mayweather made more money in 1 fight last year, than the top 10 MMA fighters did all year. MMA sucks face it. Every time there is a big boxing match (IE: Pacman/PBF vs whoever) everybody in their mom orders the fight. Speaking of moms, my mom (56 yrs old) can name about 3-5 boxers, and could give a s**t about MMA. Which is why it fails. MMA Can't attract regular folks. What are we on UFC 100545754654???? and still no one gives a s**t. Look at the line up of ufc fighters recently

Brock Lesnaer WWF superstar really? I would love to see Lesnar step into a boxing ring vs a Vitali K. or his brother. He would KO in 30 seconds tops. Not be a champion.

10 years ago nobody knew who Pac-Man and PBF were, now these cats are everywhere.

And to answer the question in a genuine street fight, where the fighters fight standing and don't b***h out and roll around on the ground boxer wins 10/10 times.

One of the most unintelligent posts I have ever read. Congratulations.
this is simple. Dunno what all the discussion is about.

MMA rules, MMA fighter wins.
Boxing rules, boxer wins.

Since a street fight more closely resembles an MMA fight, the MMA fighter SHOULD win. But anyone has a punchers chance.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Since a street fight more closely resembles an MMA fight, the MMA fighter SHOULD win. But anyone has a punchers chance.

time to lock this up

Originally posted by SF69ers:

I thought it was a good post.

Mayweather makes more in one fight than most of those MMA cats make in a career.

Until UFC steps up and pays people like boxing, we won't see elite boxers in MMA , because they'll be boxers. Were the $$$ is.

And as for this discussion about boxing vs MMA;

Fedor , 2003-2008 Chuck Liddell brought the money in because they knocked fools OUT....not dry hump and tap.

I like MMA too, but they need to pay fighters what they deserve.
Liddell,Wandy,Slvia etc. all look and talk like the have some type of brain damage.

Parkinsons?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Absolutely. Good post, syber.

Yeah, pretty puzzling. This is about who would win in a real street fight, and he brings up financial numbers?

MMA has been around for approximately 15 years, and didn't hit mainstream until about 5 years ago. Boxing has centuries of history behind it, so of course it's going to have the stronger financial backing. Let's completely ignore the steady rise of MMA's popularity though.

In so far as this thread's actual topic, MMA is much, much more representative of what happens in a real street fight, therefore MMA guys are going to have a natural advantage over a boxer in a real street fight. MMA guys win a majority of the time because street fights do end up on the ground, despite Hollywood thinking that is "str8 gay".
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Mayweather makes more in one fight than most of those MMA cats make in a career.

Until UFC steps up and pays people like boxing, we won't see elite boxers in MMA , because they'll be boxers. Were the $$$ is.

Fedor , 2003-2008 Chuck Liddell brought the money in because they knocked fools OUT....not dry hump and tap.

Liddell,Wandy,Slvia etc. all look and talk like the have some type of brain damage.

Parkinsons?

Cocaine.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Yeah, pretty puzzling. This is about who would win in a real street fight, and he brings up financial numbers?

MMA has been around for approximately 15 years, and didn't hit mainstream until about 5 years ago. Boxing has centuries of history behind it, so of course it's going to have the stronger financial backing. Let's completely ignore the steady rise of MMA's popularity though.

In so far as this thread's actual topic, MMA is much, much more representative of what happens in a real street fight, therefore MMA guys are going to have a natural advantage over a boxer in a real street fight. MMA guys win a majority of the time because street fights do end up on the ground, despite Hollywood thinking that is "str8 gay".

In the OP's words, just cus his mom can name a boxer, MMA sucks

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Parkinsons?

Come on Starks. Really? You thought it was a good post because he said that Mayweather makes more money than MMA fighters do? Or was it his statement about how his mom knows boxer's names? It has nothing to do about the point of this whole thread. He didn't even talk about how popular MMA has become. Not just in this country, but all over the world.

My stand on fighters crossing over is that I hope it doesn't. I like how MMA is right now. There are no promoters like in boxing worrying about money instead of putting up the best fights. I like the fact that MMA puts up fights we, as fans, want to see. Floyd won't even fight Manny regardless of the Pac camp agreeing to all tests. In the UFC, for example, we're seeing the best fighters go at it. Penn vs. GSP. Brock vs. Carwin. Liddell vs. Wandy. Liddell vs. Ortiz.
Mayweather made more money in 1 fight last year, than the top 10 MMA fighters did all year. MMA sucks face it. Every time there is a big boxing match (IE: Pacman/PBF vs whoever) everybody in their mom orders the fight. Speaking of moms, my mom (56 yrs old)

Is this buzz in disguise?
MMA easy. It is a known fact that roughly 80% of actual fights go to the ground. This is the basis of MMA and the art of it. It is not the same as boxing. Boxing is a science, a sport, not really fighting. It isn't fair to compare the two.

I love MMA, and I still love boxing.

Is it really? all facts.
Brock Lesnar went from WWF to UFC champ seamlessly. FACT.
James Toney is washed up. FACT.
PBF makes more money in 1 fight than the top 10 MMA guys. FACT.
MMA struggles to reach mainstream audience. FACT.

What is so unintelligent about the post?

Is it really? all facts.
Brock Lesnar went from WWF to UFC champ seamlessly. FACT.
James Toney is washed up. FACT.
PBF makes more money in 1 fight than the top 10 MMA guys. FACT.
MMA struggles to reach mainstream audience. FACT.

What is so unintelligent about the post?

probably because you immediately went off topic about finances and entertainment value when no one even brought it up
Share 49ersWebzone