Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

Boxers train for 12 rounds

MMA......3

That's as credible as me saying Anderson Silva would KO every middle weight in boxing.

LOL Old ass B-Hop would rock Silvas World. Silva has dodged a Boxing Fight with Old Man Roy Jones Jr. for like 3 years. MMA is Gay.

Get your facts straight. Silva has announced publicly about fighting Jones in a boxing match but both Jones and Dana White refused to have it happen.

I don't know where you get off saying s**t like this when they aren't true. Your "facts" in MMA not growing is false and you have yet to prove me wrong with any significant link saying their numbers have gone down.

Serves me right for arguing with a Dodger fan.

For real. He throws out wild claims, can't back them up, then reverts to insults when evidence is presented which counteracts his stance.

It's pretty clear who's acting like the real fan boy here.

You want links here is one
Link
Please provide me a link where Roy Jones backed out of fighting Silva. Pretty Please.
MMA Fan Boys are a joke just like the sport. Sixth you are embarassing yourself

Yeah, approx $26 million in PPV sales alone (570,000 buys), not to mention what the big-time sponsors spend to advertise. Sounds like the PPV was a giant failure.

Despite this, the PPV was expected to gross more. I think that goes to show none of the MMA fans "got their vaginas moist" (silky ) over a boxer crossing over, since the Couture vs Toney fight was a major selling point for that PPV.

BTW, Oscar De La Hoya is boxing's all-time PPV attraction - he's garnered 12.6 million buys over 18 events - if you do the math, that's 700,000 buys per event.
http://boxing.about.com/od/history/a/payperview.htm

UFC 116 did about 1.28 million in buys. Pacquiao vs De La Hoya did 1.25

In 2009, UFC had 6 of the top 10 PPV draws, with 3 of them earning higher buy rates than an average De La Hoya fight.

http://www.watchkalibrun.com/2010/2/17/1314581/ufc-dominates-pay-per-view

Yeah, UFC sure looks like it's doing poorly in PPV sales in compared to boxing.

Well sure if you take ALL of Oscar's PPV fights his avg won't look very good... Oscar wasn't a megastar the whole time, that s**t takes time to build.

And come on, you know that Toney/Couture fight got plenty of buzz. Hell some of you thought Toney stood a chance.

And take away WWF superstar Brock Lesnar, the guy that "mma purists" detest because it waters down their sport or some s**t, and there goes more than half of UFC's million ppv buy fights.

De La Hoya was 17-0 (15 KO) and the WBO lightweight champion when he faced 40-1 IBF lightweight champion Rafael Ruelas in a unification bout for his first PPV event. This after winning Olympic Gold in Barcelona in 1992. He was The Ring's Fighter of the Year in 1995. He was all over the place in 1995. He was definitely a superstar at the time of his first few PPV fights.

Star in the making, maybe. Superstar, no. You usually gotta get a big name under your belt before the torch is passed on to you. Boxing doesn't work like UFC, you gotta build fighters. You can't just stick a sideshow freak in there (a la Lesnar) and expect him to dominate the top competition in the sport.

PWND

Not really. When you're undefeated lightweight champion with Olympic Gold and the Main Event of a PPV boxing fight, you're a superstar. 330,000 buys is nothing to scoff at. Pacquiao vs Barrera II drew in about 350,000 and both were considered boxing superstars at the time.

naw, he got you on that one.

Brock Lesnar - former WWF guy

gets a title shot in 3 UFC fights?

That's the guy that finally put the UFC over the 1 million ppv numbers?

3 fights?

winner by TKO
Team boxing
Originally posted by znk916:

lmao you guys are so far off topic arguing about finances and s**t

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

MMA......3

That's as credible as me saying Anderson Silva would KO every middle weight in boxing.

LOL Old ass B-Hop would rock Silvas World. Silva has dodged a Boxing Fight with Old Man Roy Jones Jr. for like 3 years. MMA is Gay.

Get your facts straight. Silva has announced publicly about fighting Jones in a boxing match but both Jones and Dana White refused to have it happen.

I don't know where you get off saying s**t like this when they aren't true. Your "facts" in MMA not growing is false and you have yet to prove me wrong with any significant link saying their numbers have gone down.

For real. He throws out wild claims, can't back them up, then reverts to insults when evidence is presented which counteracts his stance.

Link
Please provide me a link where Roy Jones backed out of fighting Silva. Pretty Please.

Yeah, approx $26 million in PPV sales alone (570,000 buys), not to mention what the big-time sponsors spend to advertise. Sounds like the PPV was a giant failure.

Despite this, the PPV was expected to gross more. I think that goes to show none of the MMA fans "got their vaginas moist" (silky ) over a boxer crossing over, since the Couture vs Toney fight was a major selling point for that PPV.

BTW, Oscar De La Hoya is boxing's all-time PPV attraction - he's garnered 12.6 million buys over 18 events - if you do the math, that's 700,000 buys per event.

In 2009, UFC had 6 of the top 10 PPV draws, with 3 of them earning higher buy rates than an average De La Hoya fight.

Well sure if you take ALL of Oscar's PPV fights his avg won't look very good... Oscar wasn't a megastar the whole time, that s**t takes time to build.

And come on, you know that Toney/Couture fight got plenty of buzz. Hell some of you thought Toney stood a chance.

And take away WWF superstar Brock Lesnar, the guy that "mma purists" detest because it waters down their sport or some s**t, and there goes more than half of UFC's million ppv buy fights.

De La Hoya was 17-0 (15 KO) and the WBO lightweight champion when he faced 40-1 IBF lightweight champion Rafael Ruelas in a unification bout for his first PPV event. This after winning Olympic Gold in Barcelona in 1992. He was The Ring's Fighter of the Year in 1995. He was all over the place in 1995. He was definitely a superstar at the time of his first few PPV fights.

Star in the making, maybe. Superstar, no. You usually gotta get a big name under your belt before the torch is passed on to you. Boxing doesn't work like UFC, you gotta build fighters. You can't just stick a sideshow freak in there (a la Lesnar) and expect him to dominate the top competition in the sport.

PWND

Not really. When you're undefeated lightweight champion with Olympic Gold and the Main Event of a PPV boxing fight, you're a superstar. 330,000 buys is nothing to scoff at. Pacquiao vs Barrera II drew in about 350,000 and both were considered boxing superstars at the time.

3 fights?

winner by TKO
Team boxing

There is no ranking system in MMA and the heavyweight division wasn't as exciting as it is now.

I wonder if chocolate ice cream sales have dipped noticeably since 2g1c went mainstream

I wonder if chocolate ice cream sales have dipped noticeably since 2g1c went mainstream

kindda wanna watch it again.
I didn't get past like 40 seconds, I feel like my life is unfulfilled.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

After arguing with Hollywood, it'd be a refreshing change of course.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I never watched it. My friend described it well enough for me to gag on my own.

I didn't get past like 40 seconds, I feel like my life is unfulfilled.

you will take that to your grave. Watch it.
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

MMA......3

Link

PWND

3 fights?

winner by TKO
Team boxing

PWNAGE
There are plenty of strikers who focus with their fists who are doing well in MMA though some have been taken down at will save for JDS:

Junior Dos Santos
Dan Hardy
Paul Daley
Paul Buentello
Marcus Davis
Shane Carwin

[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Sep 8, 2010 at 14:23:58 ]
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

MMA......3

Link

PWND

3 fights?

winner by TKO
Team boxing

PWNAGE

Let me show what pwnage actually looks like:

Share 49ersWebzone