LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

MMA vs Boxing question

MMA vs Boxing question

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow this thread has taken a turn, from why the UFC only exist to PPV numbers. Where's the MMA vs. Boxing in a street fight or ring/octagon talk???

BTW at my job, trying to play devils advocate on who would win, a boxer or an MMA fighter in a street fight. They all laughed at me when I was defending a boxer. These weren't young 20 year olds either.

I'm at work too and I asked one of my buddies who he thought would win between Pacquiao and GSP. This guy is a HUGE Pacquiao fan but he seemed hesitant to say he would win. He told me that GSP's shoot is so quick and deceiving that he doesn't know if Manny would be quick enough to defend it.

Pac is/was/is the fastest boxer in the planet.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

Boxers train for 12 rounds

MMA......3

That's as credible as me saying Anderson Silva would KO every middle weight in boxing.

LOL Old ass B-Hop would rock Silvas World. Silva has dodged a Boxing Fight with Old Man Roy Jones Jr. for like 3 years. MMA is Gay.

Get your facts straight. Silva has announced publicly about fighting Jones in a boxing match but both Jones and Dana White refused to have it happen.

I don't know where you get off saying s**t like this when they aren't true. Your "facts" in MMA not growing is false and you have yet to prove me wrong with any significant link saying their numbers have gone down.

Serves me right for arguing with a Dodger fan.

For real. He throws out wild claims, can't back them up, then reverts to insults when evidence is presented which counteracts his stance.

It's pretty clear who's acting like the real fan boy here.

You want links here is one
Link
Please provide me a link where Roy Jones backed out of fighting Silva. Pretty Please.
MMA Fan Boys are a joke just like the sport. Sixth you are embarassing yourself

Yeah, approx $26 million in PPV sales alone (570,000 buys), not to mention what the big-time sponsors spend to advertise. Sounds like the PPV was a giant failure.

Despite this, the PPV was expected to gross more. I think that goes to show none of the MMA fans "got their vaginas moist" (silky ) over a boxer crossing over, since the Couture vs Toney fight was a major selling point for that PPV.

BTW, Oscar De La Hoya is boxing's all-time PPV attraction - he's garnered 12.6 million buys over 18 events - if you do the math, that's 700,000 buys per event.
http://boxing.about.com/od/history/a/payperview.htm

UFC 116 did about 1.28 million in buys. Pacquiao vs De La Hoya did 1.25

In 2009, UFC had 6 of the top 10 PPV draws, with 3 of them earning higher buy rates than an average De La Hoya fight.

http://www.watchkalibrun.com/2010/2/17/1314581/ufc-dominates-pay-per-view

Yeah, UFC sure looks like it's doing poorly in PPV sales in compared to boxing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow this thread has taken a turn, from why the UFC only exist to PPV numbers. Where's the MMA vs. Boxing in a street fight or ring/octagon talk???

BTW at my job, trying to play devils advocate on who would win, a boxer or an MMA fighter in a street fight. They all laughed at me when I was defending a boxer. These weren't young 20 year olds either.

I'm at work too and I asked one of my buddies who he thought would win between Pacquiao and GSP. This guy is a HUGE Pacquiao fan but he seemed hesitant to say he would win. He told me that GSP's shoot is so quick and deceiving that he doesn't know if Manny would be quick enough to defend it.

IMO, that's unfair to give Pacquiao to GSP, his weight and strength alone would destroy Manny. Now lets pit Jose Aldo vs. Manny Pacquiao, pretty much same weight and size, and again I'd have to say it would be over quick with Jose Aldo chopping him down. You and I know how devastating Aldo's Muay Thai is, and I'm a really big fan of Pacqiuao, but the way a boxer leaves their leg out there as a primary target, is really suspect for an early tko.

IMO, that's unfair to give Pacquiao to GSP, his weight and strength alone would destroy Manny. Now lets pit Jose Aldo vs. Manny Pacquiao, pretty much same weight and size, and again I'd have to say it would be over quick with Jose Aldo chopping him down. You and I know how devastating Aldo's Muay Thai is, and I'm a really big fan of Pacqiuao, but the way a boxer leaves their leg out there as a primary target, is really suspect for an early tko.

leave manny out of this, I want to see PBF get the s**t kicked out of him by Aldo
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

So, his chicken legs wouldn't last 1 round with a Muay Thai fighter. Or capable to get back to his feet from a takedown from a wrestler or Jiu jitsu fighter.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by znk916:

leave manny out of this, I want to see PBF get the s**t kicked out of him by Aldo

PBF b***hed out from MMA calling him out after talking all that crap about the MMA. Hes a f*g.
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

MMA......3

That's as credible as me saying Anderson Silva would KO every middle weight in boxing.

LOL Old ass B-Hop would rock Silvas World. Silva has dodged a Boxing Fight with Old Man Roy Jones Jr. for like 3 years. MMA is Gay.

Get your facts straight. Silva has announced publicly about fighting Jones in a boxing match but both Jones and Dana White refused to have it happen.

I don't know where you get off saying s**t like this when they aren't true. Your "facts" in MMA not growing is false and you have yet to prove me wrong with any significant link saying their numbers have gone down.

For real. He throws out wild claims, can't back them up, then reverts to insults when evidence is presented which counteracts his stance.

Link
Please provide me a link where Roy Jones backed out of fighting Silva. Pretty Please.

Yeah, approx $26 million in PPV sales alone (570,000 buys), not to mention what the big-time sponsors spend to advertise. Sounds like the PPV was a giant failure.

Despite this, the PPV was expected to gross more. I think that goes to show none of the MMA fans "got their vaginas moist" (silky ) over a boxer crossing over, since the Couture vs Toney fight was a major selling point for that PPV.

BTW, Oscar De La Hoya is boxing's all-time PPV attraction - he's garnered 12.6 million buys over 18 events - if you do the math, that's 700,000 buys per event.

In 2009, UFC had 6 of the top 10 PPV draws, with 3 of them earning higher buy rates than an average De La Hoya fight.

We're talking numbers now , meng?

Quote:

1. UFC 100: Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir, July 11 - 1.6 million
2. Boxing: Manny Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto, Nov. 14 - 1.25 million
3. Boxing: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Juan Manuel Marquez, Sept. 19 - 1.05 million
4. UFC 94: Georges St. Pierre vs. B.J. Penn, Jan. 31 - 920,000
5. UFC 101: B.J. Penn vs. Kenny Florian/Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin, Aug. 8 - 850,000
6. Boxing: Manny Pacquiao vs. Ricky Hatton, May 2 - 825,000
7t. UFC 107: B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez, Dec. 12 - 650,000
7t. UFC 97: Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites/Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio Rua, April 18 - 650,000
9. UFC 98: Lyoto Machida vs. Rashad Evans/Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra, May 23 - 635,000
10. Wrestling: WWE WrestleMania 25, April 5 - 582,000

UFC 93: 350,000 UFC 101: 850,000

UFC 94: 920,000 UFC 102: 435,000

UFC 96: 350,000 UFC 103: 375,000

UFC 97: 650,000 UFC 104: 500,000

UFC 98: 635,000 UFC 106: 375,000

UFC 99: 365,000 UFC 107: 650,000

Of course UFC 100 would get the biggest buys ever for a UFC...it was UFC 100!

everything ever after was south of one milli

Yes, he is.

Very true about GSP/Manny. Manny vs. Aldo would be AWESOME though. Both are quick as well, but you're absolutely right about those leg kicks. Also would chop Manny down like a tree. I'm a HUGE Pac fan, but his dancing around wouldn't stand a chance against those leg kicks.

Aldo against Floyd is the same thing. Although I hope Aldo would land a knee to Pretty Boy Floyd.

Still one of the greatest wrestlers ever.
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

MMA......3

Link

We're talking numbers now , meng?

Quote:

1. UFC 100: Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir, July 11 - 1.6 million
2. Boxing: Manny Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto, Nov. 14 - 1.25 million
3. Boxing: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Juan Manuel Marquez, Sept. 19 - 1.05 million
4. UFC 94: Georges St. Pierre vs. B.J. Penn, Jan. 31 - 920,000
5. UFC 101: B.J. Penn vs. Kenny Florian/Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin, Aug. 8 - 850,000
6. Boxing: Manny Pacquiao vs. Ricky Hatton, May 2 - 825,000
7t. UFC 107: B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez, Dec. 12 - 650,000
7t. UFC 97: Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites/Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio Rua, April 18 - 650,000
9. UFC 98: Lyoto Machida vs. Rashad Evans/Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra, May 23 - 635,000
10. Wrestling: WWE WrestleMania 25, April 5 - 582,000

UFC 94: 920,000 UFC 102: 435,000

UFC 96: 350,000 UFC 103: 375,000

UFC 97: 650,000 UFC 104: 500,000

UFC 98: 635,000 UFC 106: 375,000

UFC 99: 365,000 UFC 107: 650,000

Of course UFC 100 would get the biggest buys ever for a UFC...it was UFC 100!

everything ever after was south of one milli

3 of the top 5.

But no gives a s**t about this sport, right Hollywood?
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

MMA......3

Link

UFC barely cracked a million buys for an event last year 2009!!!
You cant average out DLH events because he had like 4-5 weak opponents in those 18 events its stupid.
Funny how you left out DLH vs Tito and DLH vs Mayweather. s**t or even DLH vs Chavez which was on closed circuit TV and still murdered in numbers. Child please, you are hurting your self. Like I said UFC is going to overkill itself with weak matches sandwiched in between good ones. Same thing happened to boxing. UFC 151849484? WTF seriously I think I watched like 2-3 the whole time, I doubt you have only only watched 3 boxing events the last 15 years.
cheeses crust

I wasted a boatload of time on this neverending , unsolvable thread.
Aldo for president!
Share 49ersWebzone