LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

College Football 2010-2011

Why Wisconsin didn't try to run it in on that 2 pt. conversion baffles me...
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I don't get it, but how the heck does Connecticut make it to the Fiesta Bowl???

They aren't even ranked.

Winning the Big East is how.

I hope they beat Big Game Bob.

But you'd think it would be a ranked team playing in the Fiesta Bowl?? Why isn't UConn ranked??

Because they kind of suck.

all this talk about how the "little guys" don't belong..... and "big boy's" like uconn get in.
The injustice of it all. Connecticut goes to the Fiesta Bowl at 8-4 and then loses making them 8-5 for the year! The BCS needs to include more non AQ teams in their bowl series.

It's not right that Boise St. misses a field goal for it's only loss, and then is held out of the BCS Bowl series. The BCS NEEDS to OPEN UP to more conferences. TCU just proved it can beat the big boys in the Rose Bowl, and they're from the Mountain West, one of the snubbed Conferences. Boise will be in the MWC this next year. With the 3 best teams from the WAC moving to the MWC they should make them qualified to play in the BCS automatically.

The BCS Conferences really fear this because it would give the MWC better athletes. So the teams that are winning now (Boise St) would just get that much stronger.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Juradon:
The injustice of it all. Connecticut goes to the Fiesta Bowl at 8-4 and then loses making them 8-5 for the year! The BCS needs to include more non AQ teams in their bowl series.

It's not right that Boise St. misses a field goal for it's only loss, and then is held out of the BCS Bowl series. The BCS NEEDS to OPEN UP to more conferences. TCU just proved it can beat the big boys in the Rose Bowl, and they're from the Mountain West, one of the snubbed Conferences. Boise will be in the MWC this next year. With the 3 best teams from the WAC moving to the MWC they should make them qualified to play in the BCS automatically.

The BCS Conferences really fear this because it would give the MWC better athletes. So the teams that are winning now (Boise St) would just get that much stronger.

I don't think they need to make the MWC an AQ however I do think that simply winning your division should not make one an AQ, especially if you are not even a top 25 ranked school.

I think they should be picking from the top 10-12 schools for the 10 BCS Bowl eligible teams. Alabama and Boise State were much more deserving than UConn was (although Bama was not ranked in the top 12 it was clear they were much more talented and competitive than UConn) and an argument can also be made for Michigan State. At the end of the day a Boise St/OU game would have made for the best Fiesta Bowl this year IMHO, a great rematch that I am sure would have had Big Game Bob desperate to win (wouldn't wanna lose to Boise 2 times in less than 5 years in a BCS Bowl now would we Bob ?). Although OU vs either Alabama or Michigan State would have also been a better game than UConn.
My boys got raped by Miss. St.
Originally posted by lamontb:

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

It's nothing new to Michigan fans, The Sweater Vest has been doing it to you for years now
  • jrg
  • Veteran
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-missouri-gabbert-nfl

Ugh.

Draft him early 3rd San Francisco!
Originally posted by jrg:

Ugh.

you know he projected to go in the top 10 of 1st round
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Ugh.

Cards will grab him at #5.

• jrg
  • Veteran

Ugh.

since when? lol

i read a bunch on him going late 2nd/early 3rd before

hell, draft his ass at #7 then

[ Edited by jrg on Jan 3, 2011 at 18:56:27 ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran

Ugh.

since when? lol

since he declared for the draft. i was shocked as hell to hear that. he's a good qb... but not even close to a top 10 pick IMO. but hey... i guess kiper knows a helluva lot more than me lol

Ugh.

since when? lol

I dont know since when. but Mcshay has him as the #2 QB
  • jrg
  • Veteran
i'll take him at #7 then

id LOVE to have gabbert
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Blaine Gabbert Declares For The 2011 NFL Draft: 5 Reasons He Is First Rounder

1. Experience

Blaine Gabbert has two full seasons of experience at Mizzou under his belt, a time frame in which he collected 18 victories for a Tiger team that was not all of that great throughout his career as a starter. Gabbert came to his home state University despite being one of the most highly sought after recruits in the country, and earned playing time right away. Prospects with Gabbert's level of experience are always hot commodities on draft day.

2. Toughness

Blaine Gabbert is no stranger to injury. Missouri's signal caller has played through a number of injuries throughout his career, including a severely sprained ankle suffered at the hands of Ndamukong Suh. Gabbert also battled a rib injury this season. He is as tough as nails and willing to take a hit in the pocket.

3. Gabbert Has All of the Tools (Arm Strength, Accuracy, Size Etc)

There is no debate that Blaine Gabbert has all of the tools necessary to be an NFL quarterback . He has a lazer arm, adequate accuracy, and great height and bulk for an NFL prospect a 6'5'' 235 pounds. Gabbert is athletic and makes smart decisions with the football (for the most part). His production has not always matched his elite physical tools, but he has the make up of a franchise quarterback.

4. Intangibles (Leadership, Confidence, Work Ethic, Intelligence)

In addition to his impressive physical measurables, Blaine Gabbert possesses a lot of the intangibles necessary to find success in the NFL. Gabbert played his best football in Mizzou's most important games. He led them to victories over Texas A&M and Oklahoma, and performed admirably in the Insight Bowl until that one misguided throw that led to Iowa's game winning touchdown. Gabbert relishes the spotlight and excels in clutch situations.

5. Someone Will Fall in Love with Him

We see it every year; A junior quarterback declares early and picks up steam throughout the combine and interview process becoming a first round pick in the process. Gabbert could be that guy in the 2011 NFL Draft. Blaine Gabbert will deliver eye popping results at both his combine workouts and his pro day, and I suspect he will knock the interviews out of the park with his high football I.Q. and charismatic personality.

I find it hard to believe that Blaine Gabbert would forego his senior season for his hometown team unless he had reason to believe he would be drafted in one of the first couple rounds. ESPN reports that some scouts have given him a first round grade. Gene Smith, the general manager for the Jacksonville Jaguars, personally attended the Insight Bowl, and there is reason to believe Gabbert was on his list of targets.

Blaine Gabbert could here his name called on day one of the 2011 NFL Draft if his stock continues to pick up steam.
Share 49ersWebzone