There are 212 users in the forums

College Football 2010-2011

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
TCU set to join the Big.........East ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5862368

Just when I thought wee would be joining a worthy conference, TCU bails.

Time for Hawaii to join the CFL.
Originally posted by Juradon:
Oh, I forgot to mention the WAC losses 3 to 4 MILLION dollars because if Boise had gone to the BCS game they would have brought home to Reno & the WAC a lot of money. So Reno in winning loses.

I think Nevada deserves Hunger Bowl which is unlikely.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
By the way.. don't worry about the Suicide watch on BoiseNiner. lol I'm fine Ninerjohn. I've been away though with some family emergency so i haven't had the time to reflect on the choke job that was Boise State.

Really not much to say about the game. The Broncos looked great in the first half but everyone besides Kellen Moore looked like crap in the 2nd half. Defense couldn't contain the run. Receivers dropping passes they've been catching since they arrived on campus. Just an all around choke job. I'm mad at Brotzman but I'm not putting the full blame on him for this loss. It was a collective effort.

The turning point in this game was that horrible flag on the supposed "Catch Interference" when the Nevada return man dropped the punt before getting lit up by the Boise defender. The game was 24-7 and the Broncos would have had the ball in their own red zone. Again though, I'm not going to pin it on this one play. The game was still 24-7 in the middle of the 3rd quarter and the Broncos still shouldn't have let the Wolfpack get back into the game.

I really haven't let this all soak in yet. We went from BCS hopefuls to a crap bowl game. Just a horrible way to end a great winning streak. People can say what they want about our horrible schedule but the Broncos are a solid(to great) football team and deserved the respect they were given.

I just knew the moment the Broncos lost a game the "I told you so" clan would make their back to this thread. Yes the Broncos choked this game away but IMO it doesn't take away from the fact I believe this team could hang with anyone in the country. Do i think we'd be able to beat Oregon or Auburn right now, probably not but I believe they'd make it more of a game than some on here think.

Oh well though. I'm not going to get all pissy about this loss. It sucks but that's football.

I will say Nevada was on the beneficial end of a number of questionable penalties. And I was rooting for Nevada. But IMO college football reffing has always been extremely questionable.

I was really glad I recorded the game.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Auburn (1) bye
Oregon (2) bye

TCU (3) vs LSU (10)
Stanford (4) vs Oklahoma (9)

Wisconsin (5) vs Michigan St (8)
Ohio State (6) vs Arkansas (7)

do it
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Auburn (1) bye
Oregon (2) bye

TCU (3) vs LSU (10)
Stanford (4) vs Oklahoma (9)

Wisconsin (5) vs Michigan St (8)
bye vs Arkansas (7)

do it

Fixed. No need for Ohio State to choke in front of the world and be humiliated by another SEC team
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Go Wildcats! Stomp on the Sundevils!
  • Dino
  • Veteran

[ Edited by Dino on Dec 8, 2010 at 17:38:01 ]
Katz gets his ass kicked by Matthews on the first play.

God damnit the jerseys in the Civil War game are so sick. Both sides.

It would be so fun to play for Oregon, too. Their football team is showered like kings with donations, with awesome jerseys, with a great stadium and great fans.

It'd be fun to go there.

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
God damnit the jerseys in the Civil War game are so sick. Both sides.

It would be so fun to play for Oregon, too. Their football team is showered like kings with donations, with awesome jerseys, with a great stadium and great fans.

It'd be fun to go there.

you read my mind. i was just about to post in here that the Oregon state jerseys are f**king badass. And I agree with everything else you're saying, too. UofO was the school I always wanted to go to, especially for grad school. Really, really wish I coulda gotten in.

[ Edited by HessianDud on Dec 4, 2010 at 13:06:31 ]
Cam Newton's long ball has been looking good today.
yay Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl here we come. Or better yet, I hope they select Nevada to play in San Francisco so the Broncos can play Utah in Las Vegas. lol my oh my how much has changed in a week.
damn Oregon and Auburn games have been boring today. I hope the big 12 game actually is close.
that reporter just drank some of Cam Newton's semen.
Share 49ersWebzone