Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2010-11 Pacific Div. Champs Off-season Thread ***

Originally posted by ads_2006:
^^^^

Our D

Danny Boyle - Teach me how to Dougie Muarry

Pickles - Stall

Demers - Random Person (Huskins/Wallin/Shuttle)

If it would just cost Clowe, Huskins, Griess. We still keep mitchell, Mcginn, Couture. Couture could see time on the 2nd line regardless of a trade of not.

Would not be bad at all

So you're saying you'd be down for a potential setup of:

Heatley - Thornton - Marleau
Couture? - Pavs - Setoguchi
McGinn - Mitchell - Nolan?
Mayers - Nichol - MacIntyre?

Reserves: Ferriero, McLaren

Murray - Boyle
Vlasic - Staal
Wallin - Demers

Reserves: Leach, Developmental Call-up (Petrecki, Joslin)

And that's if Huskins gets traded like you suggested there at the end.
I;d take that. Y'all?

I totally forgot about extending staal

Im not sure how our cap situation would work out even if we traded for him
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Sep 6, 2010 at 4:44 PM ]
I;d take that. Y'all?

I totally forgot about extending staal

Im not sure how our cap situation would work out even if we traded for him

See that's the thing. We get all these guys that we essentially just borrow for a year, so not only would we lose one of our best players, we'd then lose the guy we traded for because we can't re-sign him.

We shouldn't trade for anyone we don't intend to do everything and beyond to keep them on this team. Don't make trades in vain. We want to win more than just one year.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 7, 2010 at 11:51 AM ]
This got my blood boiling and totally amped for the season here in a week or so. Chicago Blackhawks, we're going to rip you apart...

Nitty's new "Gangster Mask" -- http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536992

Training Camp Schedule -- http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536981
go sharks!
Quote:
The Sharks rookies and prospects will have one final day of practice before flying north to Canada to take on the Anaheim Ducks’ rookies Sunday, Sept. 12 at 7:30 p.m. The game will be carried live on sjsharks.com

I'm not sure if they actually mean the game will be viewable/listenable on the Sharks' website, but if it is, I'd be interested in tuning in to see what's going on there.

Just thought you fellas would like the heads up on this.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Quote:
The Sharks rookies and prospects will have one final day of practice before flying north to Canada to take on the Anaheim Ducks’ rookies Sunday, Sept. 12 at 7:30 p.m. The game will be carried live on sjsharks.com

I'm not sure if they actually mean the game will be viewable/listenable on the Sharks' website, but if it is, I'd be interested in tuning in to see what's going on there.

it should be on

wow, what a stupid f**king call by andy reid, wtf was that s**t.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Quote:

it should be on

wow, what a stupid f**king call by andy reid, wtf was that s**t.

Yep it's on here: http://youngstars.insinc.com/
brandon mashinter

has a good chance to be with the team
brandon mashinter

has a good chance to be with the team

He's been playing well so far in the tourney. Two goals yesterday. I read that Petrecki and Ferriero both had multi-point games too.
Andreas Lilja Will tryout for the sharks. What you guys think?
Here
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Here

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Here

I read that and didn't think a whole lot of it either. It might be a solid depth thing if we ever had issues with injuries. I mean.. he's probably faster than Leach (but if he is, not by much). But I think we're really looking to get the young guys up to speed.

We'll see how good they do in Worcester this year at least, if they don't make the NHL squad. I feel pretty good about our prospect farm. Several defensive guys: Petrecki, Braun, Shaus. And tons of forward prospects: Wingels, MacIntyre, Mashinter, Viedensky, Lucia, Marcou.

Can't really include Ferriero since he's shown he's pretty much NHL ready, just needs to up his game a little more to be a earn more starts.
Training Camp roster is up for those who are curious.

After all the recent cuts in camp, this is San Jose's current training camp roster: http://sharks.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDF/2010-11_TC_Roster_20100917.pdf