There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2010-11 Pacific Div. Champs Off-season Thread ***

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
my friend just texted me about the burns extension. i'm stoked cause at this point i don't see anyway this trade doesn't work out well for us.

i really like what i've seen from burns, been watching some wild footage in my spare time. he may not ever be on dan boyle's level, but he's got the talent to come pretty close. he's a young guy, so him, pavelski, clowe and couture are the future core of this team when thornton, marleau, etc. move on in the next 5 or so years.

i love having a gm who wants to win and goes out to get what he wants

he has room to grow and was never surrounded by talent like boyle had in tampa or san jose

Vlasic and Burns should be a very, very good pairing.
Thank god the Burns extension is done. Now I can relax any worries of that trade being for a rental.

Kudos Burns and DW

5 million in cap space this year

12 next year with only couture being the priority

5 million in cap space this year

12 next year with only couture being the priority

I hope Braun can make huge strides and Vandermeer can play at least marginally better than Wallin and this new defense can vault us into the Stanley Cup finally.
if we trade pickles or muarry after todays signing

I will go f**king ballistic

What signing today?
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

What signing today?

Douglas Muarrys Bash Brother - colin white

[ Edited by ads_2006 on Aug 3, 2011 at 12:50:02 ]
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

What signing today?

Douglas Muarrys Bash Brother - colin white

Interesting signing. Good guy to have on the PK and adds another SC winner with tons of experience.
1 year 1 million

however

we have 8 defense men now

all on 1 way contracts
Not that big of a deal. Tiny contract -- 1 year, 1 million dollars. Heck, Vandermeer got more than this, didn't he? This didn't even make the front page of the very quiet NHL.com news ticker.

He'll play on the third pairing with Demers, it'll give us an 8-deep defense now with Braun and Vandermeer the primary back-ups. Vancouver stacked their defense like this last year too.

We have no reason to trade Vlasic or Murray. Why ruin two guaranteed to be AWESOME pairings and PERFECT complements with Murray-Boyle and Vlasic-Burns. No way.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Not that big of a deal. Tiny contract -- 1 year, 1 million dollars. Heck, Vandermeer got more than this, didn't he? This didn't even make the front page of the very quiet NHL.com news ticker.

He'll play on the third pairing with Demers, it'll give us an 8-deep defense now with Braun and Vandermeer the primary back-ups. Vancouver stacked their defense like this last year too.

We have no reason to trade Vlasic or Murray. Why ruin two guaranteed to be AWESOME pairings and PERFECT complements with Murray-Boyle and Vlasic-Burns. No way.

bottom 6 depth

bottom 6 depth

Too many young guys that could step in -- Frazer, Ferriero, Wingels to name a few -- and we could always re-sign Wellwood.
DW is on fire this offseason. We need third line help, but the 4 mil of cap space we have left gives us some flexibility to be patient.
i love that we are rolling deep on d and top six forwards this season. get a little help for the 3/4 lines and we're set to make a deep run.

bottom 6 depth

Too many young guys that could step in -- Frazer, Ferriero, Wingels to name a few -- and we could always re-sign Wellwood.

yeah, not sure if they can, would love to see one more vet added