There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2010-11 Pacific Div. Champs Off-season Thread ***

I hope the burns extension is done before training camp.
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Still wondering if we plan on replacing Wellwood or if we just assume Ferriero can take over on the 3rd line.

How do the lines even look with Havlat now?

Marleau-Thornton-Couture
Clowe-Pavelski-Havlat
Ferriero-Handzus-Mitchell
McGinn-Desjardins-Murray/Mashinter ?

I'd be surprised if they assume Ferriero can fill the role on the 3rd line. I don't think Wilson is done making moves yet.

no doubt. dw is watching arbitration closely from what i've heard. i think we still have about 5 million in cap space, so we easily have enough to make 1-2 more significant signings.

So the assumption is somewhat like last year -- we'll wait for some team to be stingy and pass up on signing someone, and then we swoop in late and add another piece to help us to a championship.
Still wondering if we plan on replacing Wellwood or if we just assume Ferriero can take over on the 3rd line.

Marleau-Thornton-Couture
Clowe-Pavelski-Havlat

I'd be surprised if they assume Ferriero can fill the role on the 3rd line. I don't think Wilson is done making moves yet.

no doubt. dw is watching arbitration closely from what i've heard. i think we still have about 5 million in cap space, so we easily have enough to make 1-2 more significant signings.

So the assumption is somewhat like last year -- we'll wait for some team to be stingy and pass up on signing someone, and then we swoop in late and add another piece to help us to a championship.

or if he can turn Pavs into Callahan

and

pay attention to buffalo
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Marleau-Thornton-Couture
Clowe-Pavelski-Havlat

Callahan who?

Marleau-Thornton-Couture
Clowe-Pavelski-Havlat

Callahan who?

Ryan Callahan

New York Rangers

he's like Pavelski, but faster

Marleau-Thornton-Couture
Clowe-Pavelski-Havlat

Callahan who?

Ryan Callahan

New York Rangers

Thought that might be who you meant, but haven't seen quite enough of Callahan to make that comparison.
Justin Braun expecting to be in the top-6 of our defensmen next year:

Quote:
The native of Vadnais Heights, Minn. played 28 games with the big club last season while notching 11 points (two goals, nine assists). He also earned a spot in the Sharks lineup for Game 2 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals against the Los Angeles Kings.

When he wasn’t in San Jose, Braun was putting in time with the Sharks American Hockey League affiliate in Worcester. In 34 games, he had 23 points (five goals, 18 assists) and was named to the 2011 AHL All-Star Team.

Braun hopes to be a more permanent fixture in San Jose next season.

“I’d like to be an everyday guy and contribute,” said Braun while attending Sharks Development Camp. “That would be my main goal. I can do that by working hard all summer and be ready to go for camp.”

Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Wilson believes that could happen.

“Justin Braun is going to be 25 next year and he’s an important piece to us,” Wilson said the local media before this year’s NHL Entry Draft. “We expect both of those guys (Jason Demers and Braun), who didn’t play in the final series, to be very important to us next year.”

Braun’s road to the pros included four years - and a handful of accolades – at the University of Massachusetts. From 2006-10, Braun played 150 games for the Minutemen – which tied a school record – and steadily improved his point production each year.

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=569903

Marleau-Thornton-Couture
Clowe-Pavelski-Havlat

Callahan who?

Ryan Callahan

New York Rangers

like pavelski, but faster and less skilled

no thanks
Never thought that highly of Callahan when I saw him play, honestly.
i just put down my payment on season tix today. still gotta pay off that last 30% in september. who else is getting season tickets this year?
Not exactly sure who the Sharks are waiting for to go through arbitration... but.. there are some good guys still available they might be able to get for the 3rd line.

Cory Stillman, Sergei Samsonov, Chris Drury, and JP Dumont to name a few. Also Zherdev and John Madden.
i just put down my payment on season tix today. still gotta pay off that last 30% in september. who else is getting season tickets this year?

I wish I could....maybe I'll look into th 10 game pack
I can't for the season to start! With all this crap the Niners are doing or should I say not doing, I cant wait to actually watch some winners play.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I can't for the season to start! With all this crap the Niners are doing or should I say not doing, I cant wait to actually watch some winners play.

True that. Month and a half away from hockey pre-season....