LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2010-11 Pacific Div. Champs Off-season Thread ***

Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Why did we have to get rid of Malhotra!?!?

cause he got paid

Should have put the effort into keeping him around, he was a great player and leader for the Sharks.

We tried to make a deal but didn't have enough money to overtake the Canucks offer. They gave him a VERY, VERY good deal. NTC included.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
8 mil for Malhotra, they can have him.
Originally posted by Hopper:

And there you have it. 8 million + No-Trade Clause. We couldn't offer him that even if we wanted.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

And there you have it. 8 million + No-Trade Clause. We couldn't offer him that even if we wanted.

f**k no i wouldnt have paid malhotra 8 mil on top of that give him a ntc, i liked him due to his face off ability
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
No doubt in my mind Dougie will use our 2011 first pick packaged with a player to get that top 4 Dman.
No doubt in my mind Dougie will use our 2011 first pick packaged with a player to get that top 4 Dman.

How much do you want to bet that player (or players) will be a goaltender? And/or another D-man?

1st + Greiss/Nitty + Expendable D-man (Huskins/Leach/Wallin) = Great D-man.

I just hope that if we do that, we try to ensure the ability to keep that player around. It won't make much of a difference if we get an All-Star who leaves the next year, leaving us the same hole we had.

Then you've got the issue of Demers. This kid is very talented, and looks to be well on his way to becoming a top-4 defenseman sometime in the future. I'm guessing he's going to be groomed to be Boyle's eventually replacement. Boyle is 34 years old now. I would love for him to last until he's 40, but who knows if that'll happen?
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 3, 2010 at 4:02 PM ]
say it aint so

Et tu, Cheechoo!

say it aint so

Et tu, Cheechoo!

I feel bad for the guy. It's like he fell of the face of the earth. He needs a job, and I hope he does well (except when he plays against the Sharks).
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
say it aint so

Et tu, Cheechoo!

I feel bad for the guy. It's like he fell of the face of the earth. He needs a job, and I hope he does well (except when he plays against the Sharks).

Sharks should sign him he could be a 4th line guy.
say it aint so

Et tu, Cheechoo!

God, Noooooooo! I can't BEAR the thought of that.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
say it aint so

Et tu, Cheechoo!

I'd hope we sign him just to keep him off the filthy Stars! No, Cheechooo. But I know it won't happen.

If Antti has a brother or sister, and either one of them has a child, would he become Uncle Antti? Get it? LOL, ROTFL, LMAO, AFL-CIO, IBEW, OSHA, IBM, INTEL.

How much do you want to bet that player (or players) will be a goaltender? And/or another D-man?

I just hope that if we do that, we try to ensure the ability to keep that player around. It won't make much of a difference if we get an All-Star who leaves the next year, leaving us the same hole we had.

Then you've got the issue of Demers. This kid is very talented, and looks to be well on his way to becoming a top-4 defenseman sometime in the future. I'm guessing he's going to be groomed to be Boyle's eventually replacement. Boyle is 34 years old now. I would love for him to last until he's 40, but who knows if that'll happen?

if we trade nitty after signing him this off season will hurt us signing future free agents. it'll make dw look like a d**k, i love demers upside hope he can take a huge step this yr. with the way we continue to play boyle very high mins he wont last till hes 38, we must find another d man that can take mins away from him keeping boyle fresh
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
say it aint so

Et tu, Cheechoo!

loved cheechoo here but dude has nothing left, he cant even be a 4th liner imo. he wasnt that great of a skater to start with and now with age and past hernia surgery hes worse. if he goes to dallas so be it
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
If Antti has a brother or sister, and either one of them has a child, would he become Uncle Antti? Get it? LOL, ROTFL, LMAO, AFL-CIO, IBEW, OSHA, IBM, INTEL.

hur hurrr
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

if we trade nitty after signing him this off season will hurt us signing future free agents. it'll make dw look like a d**k, i love demers upside hope he can take a huge step this yr. with the way we continue to play boyle very high mins he wont last till hes 38, we must find another d man that can take mins away from him keeping boyle fresh

True, DW would look bad if we shipped off Nitty. I feel bad for Greiss, because I think he really likes it here. But if he's traded, he's got a good chance to get a lot more playing time elsewhere.

I'm also curious if we'll try to convert Demers into a winger -- but let me be clear, I strongly feel we should NOT do that. He's already showing himself to be a great offensive defenseman in the making, and with time, he'll learn to be better in knowing when to pinch or not in the offensive zone. Who knows, maybe in a few year Demers could get up to Boyle's level? That would be good timing, too. But he has to keep growing and improving.
Share 49ersWebzone