There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Clemens indicted on federal perjury charge

• AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by lamontb:
feds gotta have something better to do then this and drop bonds charges too.

No s**t. Quit wasting money on this stupid crap, and put some real criminals in prison.

this
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Bonds is untouchable?

I think the difference is Bonds doesn't have people openly snitching on him.

Anybody?

Spot on. Anderson is in jail because he refuses to snitch on Bonds.

They still bothering that guy? I thought they finally left him alone. They owe him an apology for how they treated him.

Anderson should be proclaimed King of all Men. Not too many guys take Manlaws so seriously that they would go to prison multiple times just to not snitch on a friend.

It's that, or he didn't want to mess with a muscly freak with roid rage.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Bonds is untouchable?

Anybody?

They still bothering that guy? I thought they finally left him alone. They owe him an apology for how they treated him.

Anderson should be proclaimed King of all Men. Not too many guys take Manlaws so seriously that they would go to prison multiple times just to not snitch on a friend.

Or maybe that muscly freak also happens to be very wealthy.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Greg Anderson is such a f**king G
Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Bonds is untouchable?

Anybody?

Or maybe that muscly freak also happens to be very wealthy.

Yup, His Bank Account will be looking mighty fine for a long time
I have to think those syringes won't stand up in court. This is going to be Barry Bonds part 2 with pretty much all evidence being thrown out of court. The only saving grace for the prosecution is that they actually have a star witness.
Another difference is - Bonds didn't go in front of the Congress and lied to them. Those politicians love to lie but hate to be lied to. Rogers arrogance is gonna f**k him in the ass...literally.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Another difference is - Bonds didn't go in front of the Congress and lied to them. Those politicians love to lie but hate to be lied to. Rogers arrogance is gonna f**k him in the ass...literally.

He lied under oath though. Don't kid yourself. The only difference between Bonds and Clemens is Bonds took care of his dealer.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 23, 2010 at 3:51 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

He lied under oath though. Don't kid yourself. The only difference between Bonds and Clemens is Bonds took care of his dealer.

...but to a Judge, not to congress in a televised hearing. Congress doesn't like to be embarrassed. If you don't think that makes any difference - you're being naive.

...but to a Judge, not to congress in a televised hearing. Congress doesn't like to be embarrassed. If you don't think that makes any difference - you're being naive.

If Clemens takes care of his dealer, then there's no proof he lied, and there's no perjury.

Last time I checked Barry Bonds was indicted on perjury and instruction charges too and was facing 30 years in prison. So what difference is there, again? Lying under oath is lying under oath.

The only real difference is the Feds have no case with Bonds because his dealer would rather go to jail then turn on Bonds.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 24, 2010 at 6:31 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
feds gotta have something better to do then this and drop bonds charges too.

No s**t. Quit wasting money on this stupid crap, and put some real criminals in prison.

It is a perjury charge. I think it is important that if a person is sworn to tell the truth, they do just that. He could have avoided this by pleading the fifth, but he chose to lie. Clemens brought this on himself by being an arrogant a-hole, screw him.
[ Edited by BobS on Aug 24, 2010 at 10:42 AM ]
Rachel__Nichols Rachel Nichols
RT @ESPN Breaking News: Mistrial ruled in Roger Clemens case es.pn/qhgb7u
Originally posted by dobo:
This wouldn't be happening if Clemens wasn't black.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Rachel__Nichols Rachel Nichols
RT @ESPN Breaking News: Mistrial ruled in Roger Clemens case es.pn/qhgb7u

WTF...how does the prosecutor show evidence when the judge ruled it wasn't admisable. Did Clemens pay him off as well.