There are 222 users in the forums

Coffee Retires?

• Mex49
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
wtf...

This.

WTF????
I wonder if Dixon is showing the coaches more than Coffee, he knew this, so decided to split before he got demoted to 3rd string. Or it could just be some sort of personal matter, which would be my initial guess...
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I'm starting to wonder if Camp Sing is so tough it takes all the fun out of football for these guys and then they don't want to play anymore.

It's called weeding out the pussies.

LOL. Who knows why he did this. Isn't he a very religious person? Maybe he had a vision -a calling of some sort. Maybe he knew he would lose out to Dixon.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Ok so Dixon isnt the #2.....

Matt Barrows mattbarrows

With Glen Coffee gone, Michael Robinson takes over as the No. 2 RB for now w/ Anthony Dixon waiting in the wings

Michael "No Gain" Robinson? We're f**ked if thats true and Gore ever goes down..
Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald, who covered Glen Coffee at Alabama, believes Coffee is retiring to pursue the priesthood.
"Having covered 49ers RB Glen Coffee for 3 years, not surprised he retired," tweeted Rapoport on Friday. "He has a higher call. Wouldn't shock me if he headed to ministry." The 49ers retain Coffee's rights, but it sounds like his retirement is for good. He'll remain under contract through 2012.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dude is gonna suck at being a priest too.

2.7 hail mary's per prayer
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jones49:

Matt Barrows mattbarrows

With Glen Coffee gone, Michael Robinson takes over as the No. 2 RB for now w/ Anthony Dixon waiting in the wings

Michael "No Gain" Robinson? We're f**ked if thats true and Gore ever goes down..

Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald, who covered Glen Coffee at Alabama, believes Coffee is retiring to pursue the priesthood.
"Having covered 49ers RB Glen Coffee for 3 years, not surprised he retired," tweeted Rapoport on Friday. "He has a higher call. Wouldn't shock me if he headed to ministry." The 49ers retain Coffee's rights, but it sounds like his retirement is for good. He'll remain under contract through 2012.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dude is gonna suck at being a priest too.

2.7 hail mary's per prayer

Oh it makes sense now. Dude was trying to walk on water when I thought he was trying to run. No wonder he never seemed to go anywhere.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Matt Barrows mattbarrows

GREAT! Michael Robinson once again finds a way to stay on the team....

we BETTER upgrade that position...we sawl what happened last year when Gore went down. We don't have Shaun Hill anymore to put this team on his back

That's what bugs me the most about this. A Robinson carry = loss of down.

Any of our FB's would be more productive carrying the ball.
Q: Could you describe his demeanor?
Singletary: "I just thought . . . I know he felt bad. His demeanor was, 'I really hate to do this. I really hate to lay this on you, coach. I love my teammates and I love what we're doing, but since college my heart hasn't been in it. In fact, I came out early because my heart wasn't in it.' Knowing Glen Coffee, he really felt awful. I'm thinking that he was thinking I'd really be upset with him. And that was not the case.

Punk azz knew it then and came out and cost us a third rounder.
Singletary: "I just thought . . . I know he felt bad. His demeanor was, 'I really hate to do this. I really hate to lay this on you, coach. I love my teammates and I love what we're doing, but since college my heart hasn't been in it. In fact, I came out early because my heart wasn't in it.' Knowing Glen Coffee, he really felt awful. I'm thinking that he was thinking I'd really be upset with him. And that was not the case.

thats f**ked

• GEEK
  • Veteran

thats f**ked

I put this on management for not vetting this even more.
I hope the dude enjoys working manual labor and struggling to pay the rent every month.

Welcome to the real world quitter.
I hope the dude enjoys working manual labor and struggling to pay the rent every month.

Welcome to the real world quitter.

I read that he wants to be a priest.
Originally posted by GEEK:

thats f**ked

I put this on management for not vetting this even more.

Blame it on the alcohol

understandable its a tough sport, and it wears on your body pretty hard you have got to really want it. I respect Coffee's decision. If you played college ball then you know, but football just isnt as fun as it was in high school the college level on up.
Share 49ersWebzone