LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Coffee Retires?

Glenn Coffee
I wonder if Jed will be head hunting the coaches for not keeping the players motivated to play ball?
  • titan
  • Veteran
Good Job Coaches, Keep challenging their manhood to see who breaks.
This is all looking a little ominous to me
Originally posted by jayb49er:

Oooh. Losing a backup rb. Scary stuff

[ Edited by English on Aug 13, 2010 at 12:44:10 ]
  • kkweb
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
So if he retires and then decides to come back, he can pick where ever he wants to play at? Or do we still have his rights? How does it work...bc all this talk about Seattle is really bothering me.....bc we all know Mr. Snake is running that team now....and this is just bizzarre. The kid was doing fine and looked much improved from last year. No way he walks from millions...who does he think he is...Barry Sanders?

49ers still retain his rights even if he retires. 49ers would have to release him before he can agree to join another team. Can't remember where I just read it, but that was a response to someone asking the same thing.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by jayb49er:

Oooh. Losing a backup rb. Scary stuff

Washington will probably let go of one of their guys. Anyone of them would be a decent backup.
Maybe Balmer and Coffee caught making out in the locker room and now they are both so humiliated by the fact that they wont come back.
Ok so Dixon isnt the #2.....

Matt Barrows mattbarrows

With Glen Coffee gone, Michael Robinson takes over as the No. 2 RB for now w/ Anthony Dixon waiting in the wings
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kkweb:
So if he retires and then decides to come back, he can pick where ever he wants to play at? Or do we still have his rights? How does it work...bc all this talk about Seattle is really bothering me.....bc we all know Mr. Snake is running that team now....and this is just bizzarre. The kid was doing fine and looked much improved from last year. No way he walks from millions...who does he think he is...Barry Sanders?

49ers still retain his rights even if he retires. 49ers would have to release him before he can agree to join another team. Can't remember where I just read it, but that was a response to someone asking the same thing.

• Nyner
Any idea's why.....did he figure he wasn't going to make the team anyway ?.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by kkweb:

Like when Ricky Williams retired and Miami still had his rights

And Brett Favre retiring and the Packers having his rights
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nyner:
Any idea's why.....did he figure he wasn't going to make the team anyway ?.

Because his vaginal wart yeast infection became inflamed.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Matt Barrows mattbarrows

With Glen Coffee gone, Michael Robinson takes over as the No. 2 RB for now w/ Anthony Dixon waiting in the wings

I love Mrob...but he isn't a RB. He sux in real life and in Madden (LOL)!!! We need to pick up a Vet asap!!!

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Aug 13, 2010 at 12:50:51 ]
Originally posted by jreff22:

Matt Barrows mattbarrows

GREAT! Michael Robinson once again finds a way to stay on the team....

we BETTER upgrade that position...we sawl what happened last year when Gore went down. We don't have Shaun Hill anymore to put this team on his back
Share 49ersWebzone