There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010 FIBA World Basketball Championships (August 28-September 12)

  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
When will the final roster be announced?

Probably after the training camp this week.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
My guess on the roster- 14 heads

PG: Chauncey Billups, Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose
SG: Andre Iguodala, Tyreke Evans
SF: Kevin Durant, Gerald Wallace, Danny Granger
PF: Amare Stoudemire, Lamar Odom, David Lee
C: Brook Lopez, Tyson Chandler, Robin Lopez

CUT: O.J. Mayo, Kevin Love, Jeff Green, Eric Gordon, Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook, Rudy Gay

tyreke
from Curry's tweeter

Quote:
Wheels down back in Vegas. USA trials this week ready to get to work.

What's this Jim Rome is talking about? Something about how Lebron tried to big time team USA in the olympics, or something. I guess he was trying to skip practices, and they told him that he'd be let go if he did to want to practice, or something like that. I caught it sort of late. Rome was saying something about coach K saying "if Kobe is showing up and doing his part, then you can to". I don't know if he was paraphrasing, or what.


Anybody?
Originally posted by crzy:
Steph Curry should make the roster. Team USA needs shooters off the bench.

Rose, Westbrook, Rondo. These guys are redundant.

I'm only watching if Curry makes the team
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by crzy:
Steph Curry should make the roster. Team USA needs shooters off the bench.

Rose, Westbrook, Rondo. These guys are redundant.

I'm only watching if Curry makes the team

Uncle Sam is disappoint.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by crzy:
Steph Curry should make the roster. Team USA needs shooters off the bench.

Rose, Westbrook, Rondo. These guys are redundant.

I'm only watching if Curry makes the team

same with me for reke
Originally posted by teeohh:
will this be televised

I'm sure ESPN or ESPN 2 will cover all the games.

In fact ESPN 2 is broadcasting the inter-squad scrimmage from Las Vegas this Saturday at 7 PM PST.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
What's this Jim Rome is talking about? Something about how Lebron tried to big time team USA in the olympics, or something. I guess he was trying to skip practices, and they told him that he'd be let go if he did to want to practice, or something like that. I caught it sort of late. Rome was saying something about coach K saying "if Kobe is showing up and doing his part, then you can to". I don't know if he was paraphrasing, or what.


Anybody?

Read this http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-heatfreeagency071610
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by crzy:
Steph Curry should make the roster. Team USA needs shooters off the bench.

Rose, Westbrook, Rondo. These guys are redundant.

I'm only watching if Curry makes the team

same with me for reke

I want both in. NorCal represent.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by crzy:
Steph Curry should make the roster. Team USA needs shooters off the bench.

Rose, Westbrook, Rondo. These guys are redundant.

I'm only watching if Curry makes the team

same with me for reke

I want both in. NorCal represent.

Yea man woohooo I got nothing against curry
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Originally posted by crzy:
Rondo, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry.

Damn, these guys are going to be battling for roster spots

Good thing for curry is that they all can't shoot to save their lives.

Problem for curry, the world game needs size at guard to deal with the added contact allowed in international bball
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by teeohh:
will this be televised

I'm sure ESPN or ESPN 2 will cover all the games.

In fact ESPN 2 is broadcasting the inter-squad scrimmage from Las Vegas this Saturday at 7 PM PST.

when I say cover all the games, I mean TEAM USA
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Originally posted by crzy:
Rondo, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry.

Damn, these guys are going to be battling for roster spots

Good thing for curry is that they all can't shoot to save their lives.

Problem for curry, the world game needs size at guard to deal with the added contact allowed in international bball

Outside shooting is more important on the international level.

That's why the 2004 USA team lost.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
What's this Jim Rome is talking about? Something about how Lebron tried to big time team USA in the olympics, or something. I guess he was trying to skip practices, and they told him that he'd be let go if he did to want to practice, or something like that. I caught it sort of late. Rome was saying something about coach K saying "if Kobe is showing up and doing his part, then you can to". I don't know if he was paraphrasing, or what.


Anybody?

Read this http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-heatfreeagency071610

Thanks, crzy. Good read. Makes me think that the Heat are in for a bigger shock than they think, and not in a good way. Eric Spoelstra, you have no idea what you're in for. He'll probably be begging Riley to take over the team by January.