LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Bring the World Cup back to the U.S.!!!

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Sorry guys but the U.S. does not deserve to host a world cup.

reason being?
Originally posted by 1251alex:

reason being?

There isn't one, so I assume he's BSing. The USA hosting in 94 was one of the most successful of all time. There aren't many nations that can seat 70,000+ in every single venue that hosted. These stadiums in South Africa are tiny, and most are half empty. There wasn't any of that in the US, and this was 16 years ago.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

reason being?

There isn't one, so I assume he's BSing. The USA hosting in 94 was one of the most successful of all time. There aren't many nations that can seat 70,000+ in every single venue that hosted. These stadiums in South Africa are tiny, and most are half empty. There wasn't any of that in the US, and this was 16 years ago.

No doubt about it, especially if ESPN shoved it down everybody's throat and all people were talking about was soccer. There's really nothing else going on this time of year in American sports besides baseball and even that isn't at the All-Star game yet. American sports fans love to talk about sports and this would be no exception, especially if the US has another good showing in Brazil.

I think he means we don't deserve one because we don't have fans that have grown up loving soccer, that we don't have a fan base that deserves a WC(much of the world thinks this too). We do have those fans, only problem is that we get drowned out by everybody else because they're extremely obnoxious about how much better their sports are. We don't hold it against them though, they just don't understand it's beauty. So we sit back and enjoy our sport in private until the WC comes and we can share it with our brethren. We're here and a WC in this country would be an enormous success imo.

Look at how much support countries from all around the world are getting here even though the WC is in South Africa. I think it'd well supported and well attended. There's no way the international community lets us have it though.
Originally posted by foreign49er:

reason being?

No doubt about it, especially if ESPN shoved it down everybody's throat and all people were talking about was soccer. There's really nothing else going on this time of year in American sports besides baseball and even that isn't at the All-Star game yet. American sports fans love to talk about sports and this would be no exception, especially if the US has another good showing in Brazil.

I think he means we don't deserve one because we don't have fans that have grown up loving soccer, that we don't have a fan base that deserves a WC(much of the world thinks this too). We do have those fans, only problem is that we get drowned out by everybody else because they're extremely obnoxious about how much better their sports are. We don't hold it against them though, they just don't understand it's beauty. So we sit back and enjoy our sport in private until the WC comes and we can share it with our brethren. We're here and a WC in this country would be an enormous success imo.

Look at how much support countries from all around the world are getting here even though the WC is in South Africa. I think it'd well supported and well attended. There's no way the international community lets us have it though.

Yeah, I don't get how this statement makes any sense when we hosted in 94, especially when soccer was even less popular then, than it is now.

reason being?

Yeah, I don't get how this statement makes any sense when we hosted in 94, especially when soccer was even less popular then, than it is now.

There is a lot more anti-American sentiment internationaly now than there was in '94.

reason being?

There is a lot more anti-American sentiment internationaly now than there was in '94.

All FIFA and Sepp Blatter care about is $$$. Trust me, it will be here.
I hope you're right, I would love for it to be here.
Share 49ersWebzone