LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Phil Jackson: Laker or Bull?

Phil Jackson: Laker or Bull?

Well you all know how many championships hes won with each, so with that being said, what do you consider him?
Neither. He's Knickerbocker who went along for the ride with top-level/Hall of Fame talent to their expected accomplishments. Something any of us could have done.

Hasn't he been to more championships with the Lakers? If so, I'd say he's a Laker.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Hasn't he been to more championships with the Lakers? If so, I'd say he's a Laker.

Won 6 with the Bulls

Won 5 with the Lakers/ lost 2 as well (Focus was on Kobe/ Shaq relationship though)

I'd say it wouldnt matter at this point, Phil is Phil, winningest coach (title wise) in NBA history..i think
the guy who's lucky enough to have been the coach when Kobe and MJ were in thier prime
Hard to say. He's done so much with both organizations. I think the lasting image of Phil will be the Colonel Sanders Phil:

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Neither. He's Knickerbocker who went along for the ride with top-level/Hall of Fame talent to their expected accomplishments. Something any of us could have done.

Originally posted by artiga1:
the guy who's lucky enough to have been the coach when Kobe and MJ were in thier prime
I consider him a lucky guy who had a lot of really great players. He had Jordan and Pippen and Shaq and Kobe. Anybody could win lots of championships with that. Not that he isn't good. But he may be somewhat overrated. He's not 11 championships good. He's had the great fortune to be with amazing all time great players. He'd probably win. But not that many without all those great players.
Why is everyone acting like pretty much all great coaches weren't blessed with great players?

His mental games and calm attitude has a lot to do with his success. His triangle offense is pretty solid if you ask me, and he seems to have a way of winning the chess match between other coaches. what is he, 48-0 when winning the first game of a series?

You think Doc wins a championship without Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett two years ago when they were all closer to their prime? I could have coached that team to a title.

When it's all said and done I think he'll mean more to Bulls fans than he will to Lakers fans. I think it's about even but I'd have to give the slight edge to the Bulls because Chicago is where he became Phil Jackson.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
When it's all said and done I think he'll mean more to Bulls fans than he will to Lakers fans. I think it's about even but I'd have to give the slight edge to the Bulls because Chicago is where he became Phil Jackson.

i agree. and thats pretty much all they have. he is 5/16 for lake show, and 6/6 for bulls.
New Jersey Net.
Chicago Bull.

If he wasn't an already 6 time champion with the Bulls he never gets the gig with Kobe and Shaq.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Laker:

Share 49ersWebzone