There are 144 users in the forums

Who do you think will win the US Open at Pebble Beach

Who do you think will win the US Open at Pebble Beach

I will be sitting at home this weekend watching my favorite event at my favorite golf course that I have ever played. God I love Pebble Beach!

I will say that Lee Westwood will win but rooting for Phil to win his 2nd major of the year.

[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jun 16, 2010 at 21:00:29 ]
THE TIGER
Tiger will win...i'll bet my life on it!
I got Jim Furyk or Tom Watson
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:

I would love nothing more than to see Tom Watson win it. That would be the ultimate.
I'm not a golfer, but Tiger's 2nd shot on 18 made me and . He just destroyed the back nine with a 31. I hope he comes back to win this thing.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'm not a golfer, but Tiger's 2nd shot on 18 made me and . He just destroyed the back nine with a 31. I hope he comes back to win this thing.

I just dont see Dustin Johnson blowing this lead though. He owns Pebble Beach and as Tiger described him is "stupid long". It will be interesting to see how he handles the last round pressure with a lead.
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:

19th & 32nd
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I just dont see Dustin Johnson blowing this lead though. He owns Pebble Beach and as Tiger described him is "stupid long". It will be interesting to see how he handles the last round pressure with a lead.

Well.. the pressure got to him. Pebble Beach was the winner.. no one under par,
Originally posted by GoNiners:
Tiger will win...i'll bet my life on it!

• bricklusnar
  • Info N/A
Ernie "Bunker" Els--maybe the misfortunes of his country's futbol team messed up his golf game? :P

That course destroyed everybody on Sunday. McDowell didn't win, he survived.

Yep.. You are 100% right. I was surprised that not one of the big 3.. Els, Michelson, and Tiger were able to step up and grab this thing. You would think that with their experience they would have been able to handle the pressure.

I played Pebble Beach one time and shot an 85. I doubt I would have broken 100 there yesterday under those conditions. It was playing CRAZY hard.

Yep.. You are 100% right. I was surprised that not one of the big 3.. Els, Michelson, and Tiger were able to step up and grab this thing. You would think that with their experience they would have been able to handle the pressure.

I played Pebble Beach one time and shot an 85.
I doubt I would have broken 100 there yesterday under those conditions. It was playing CRAZY hard.

Wow, that's impressive.

I know very little about golf so I may be talking out of my ass, but I thought Els let it slip through his fingers. Neither Tiger nor Phil really got anything substantial going, but Els went from six shots back to having a share of the lead in the span of about six holes. He had a lot of momentum, and then unraveled.

I played Pebble Beach one time and shot an 85.
I doubt I would have broken 100 there yesterday under those conditions. It was playing CRAZY hard.

Wow, that's impressive.

I know very little about golf so I may be talking out of my ass, but I thought Els let it slip through his fingers. Neither Tiger nor Phil really got anything substantial going, but Els went from six shots back to having a share of the lead in the span of about six holes. He had a lot of momentum, and then unraveled.

Ernie did let it slip away. The course was playing so difficult that even shots that looked good initially could run through fairways and into the hazards. The biggest difference between regular Pebble and how it was set up for the Open was the speed of the fairways and greens. The USGA always wants an incredibly fast course and lots of rough.

If you ever get a chance to at least go to Pebble and walk the course you should do it. It is the most amazing piece of property that I can ever imagine there being.
Three shots in particular are just unreal... the short little par 3 #7, the 2nd shot at #8 where you have to carry about 150 yards of ocean, and the tee shot at #18.
Share 49ersWebzone