There are 248 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you make this deal if you were the Giants GM?

Would you make this deal if you were the Giants GM?

OK.. put away your Lincecum and Panda jerseys and be objective here. Looking into the future for the next decade would you make this deal if you were the Giants GM?

You trade Tim Lincecum, Pablo Sandoval, and Buster Posey

FOR

Stephen Strasburg, Ryan Zimmerman, and Bryce Harper

I say its a no brainer that you would make this deal based on upside and which trio could lead you to the WS more often. Others say no way because Strasburg and Harper arent proven. ( which makes me wonder how Strasburg isnt but Posey is???)

So.. for the next decade and the future of the SF Giants would you make the deal?
I love Lincy. Lets do lunch sometime.
I voted "yes", but don't feel like there is any middle-ground, as time would tell if the move was brilliant or a disaster; hinging entirely on Straus's health & longevity.
I am so sick of the Strasburg love and john's ridiculous infatuation with him, just another venue for john to argue about how right he is about the Nat's prospects.

Dude, here
Of course you do this deal. Zimmerman is already miles better than Panda. And Strasburg and Harper, you do it just on the potential alone. Prodigy types, where even if strasburg doesn't live up to lincy, he will be very good and Harper should be too.

I do however agree with rabbit, I have no idea why you post these. Just like to argue with the SF homers?

[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Jun 14, 2010 at 17:29:55 ]
I'd take Lincecum over Strasburg.

I don't care about the rest.
panda pisses me off with his double play at bats
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
I vote no. Pablo for Zimmerman, maybe.
Buster for Harper, no

Its laughable to me, to think of Timmy for Strasburg straight up. and that is what we are talking about. Definitely if we are talking Strasburg and Zimmerman for Timmy.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Buster for Harper, no

Its laughable to me, to think of Timmy for Strasburg straight up. and that is what we are talking about. Definitely if we are talking Strasburg and Zimmerman for Timmy.

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by BigRon:
Buster for Harper, no

At this point:

Zimmerman > Panda

Lincecum > Strasburg

Posey > Harper

Too much risk to bank the future of a franchise on potential alone. The damage done could be irreversible.
no way.

Strausburg has 2 wins, Tim has 2 cy youngs. end of story. harper/zimmerman dont come close to making up the difference if we are losing posey and sandoval as well.
No.

Oh wait, make that Hell No.
Moot point since Washington would never make that deal. Their guys have more upside than our guys.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I am so sick of the Strasburg love and john's ridiculous infatuation with him, just another venue for john to argue about how right he is about the Nat's prospects.

Dude, here

If you are so sick about it dont fricking respond. Just ignore it and move on. We were debating elsewhere so I put a poll up. Hey bunny... go find something else to get sick about.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com