LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

USC sanctioned by NCAA - 2 year post-season ban

Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
The bigger news is losing 10 scholarships a year for 3 years.

They are going to be a depleted roster when those 3 years comes around.

And after those 3 years they get them all back?

Yep. But thats 30 less players they will have on their roster, thats pretty huge.
Originally posted by TX9R:
What's really funny is that by the time the ban is lifted Texas will own that conference like USC used to and they won't see a Rose Bowl for years.

Texas isn't going to be owning s**t

f**k these sanctions and anybody counting SC out. They will rebuild.
Originally posted by danimal:
What's really funny is that by the time the ban is lifted Texas will own that conference like USC used to and they won't see a Rose Bowl for years.

First you have to go though us!!!!

lol. I can always hope, right?
I think it sucks that the coaches, who IMO are the ones who are primarily responsible for their program's indiscretions, can just jump ship to the pros without any punishment. Carroll & Floyd said, "Peace out" and left a mess behind them.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Pete Carrol knew the s**t was gonna hit the fan, that's why he bailed.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Keep telling yourself that. They were rebuilding for 20 years before Carrol showed up and paying guys. Another thing I just noticed is that with all those vacated wins and nat'l title, Texas is now the undisputed team of the 2000s! Yay!
According to the LA Times, they could have faced a television ban as well... link
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I think it sucks that the coaches, who IMO are the ones who are primarily responsible for their program's indiscretions, can just jump ship to the pros without any punishment. Carroll & Floyd said, "Peace out" and left a mess behind them.

calaparri, sampson from oklahoma

Haha you guys got what you deserved. Slick Pete Carrol and U$C paying out players like crazy. I am actually surprised you guys got off as light as you did.

I guess Karma is a b***h for Lane Kiffin.

Think top recruits are going to want to go to a place where they can't play in bowls for two years... plus think at how depleted their roster is going to be with 30 less scholarship players on it.

If the Boosters and Alumni break out their checkbooks while U$C is on probation it could be the death penalty for them.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
http://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12/status/15828178285

That's awesome!

yes it is

clay resonds http://twitter.com/ClayMatthews52/status/15828343130

• AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Pete Carrol knew the s**t was gonna hit the fan, that's why he bailed.

Exactly! They got what they deserved. Lane Kiffin deserves it too. Now the NCAA needs to come down hard on the Basketball team.
Originally posted by joey82:

Haha you guys got what you deserved. Slick Pete Carrol and U$C paying out players like crazy. I am actually surprised you guys got off as light as you did.

Think top recruits are going to want to go to a place where they can't play in bowls for two years... plus think at how depleted their roster is going to be with 30 less scholarship players on it.

If the Boosters and Alumni break out their checkbooks while U$C is on probation it could be the death penalty for them.

Please, every power house does the same s**t. I just don't want a freaking Texas fan acting all high and mighty. USC is a scape goat nothing more.

Frankly, I don't really give a s**t. I like NCAA sports very little and I am almost done with it completely. Why try to pretend NCAA sports is not a business? It f**king is. Accept reality and move on.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

It's a man thing, no different than when we say peace out to women after we are done using them and leaving a mess inside them.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Please, every power house does the same s**t. I just don't want a freaking Texas fan acting all high and mighty. USC is a scape goat nothing more.

Frankly, I don't really give a s**t. I like NCAA sports very little and I am almost done with it completely. Why try to pretend NCAA sports is not a business? It f**king is. Accept reality and move on.

No every power house does not do it. Texas has never had any problems with NCAA under Mack Brown, not even a sniff. Neither has LSU, or Penn State, or Florida, the list goes on.

First how dare you insult me and call me a Texas fan.

Second... the everybody is doing it excuse is to be expected from someone with a dirty program. USC isn't a scape goat if anything they are the golden boy. Do you think if the same thing happened at a smaller school like San Diego St that it would have taken 4 years for the NCAA to investigate and that they would have gotten off that light?

Sure the NCAA is a business, but just like a business the NCAA has rules. You can't break the rules as obviously as USC did in multiple sports and not get punished.

98% of programs can follow the rules or at least avoid major violations. Apparently USC and OU are the only ones that can't seem to follow the rules lately.

I guess money doesn't solve all of your problems does it? Have fun watching other people play in Dec/Jan and not having scholarships for your recruits.
Share 49ersWebzone