There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Stephen Strasburg really the next Nolan Ryan?

Is Stephen Strasburg really the next Nolan Ryan?

It's interesting to consider that some pitchers come back from TJ throwing harder than they did before...
I'm not surprised, its not easy to throw that hard without perfect mechanics and stay healthy. It is a shame though. He can blame this one on ESPN for jinxing him to become the next best player ever.
I see "future closer" in his future.
Chris Lincecum was on KNBR about a month ago and totally called this, too bad though.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Chris Lincecum was on KNBR about a month ago and totally called this, too bad though.

So much that maybe his own son took notice...it makes sence now
Is Aroldis Chapman really the next Nolan Ryan?

Reds lefthander Aroldis Chapman was clocked at 105 miles per hour tonight in the ninth inning of a Triple AAA game while striking all three batters he faced.
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Is Aroldis Chapman really the next Nolan Ryan?

Reds lefthander Aroldis Chapman was clocked at 105 miles per hour tonight in the ninth inning of a Triple AAA game while striking all three batters he faced.

guarantee it was a hot gun.

Bill James lists the totals of 100+ mph fastballs every season, and the league leaders only have 10-14 actual 100 mph pitches per season.
poor guy.

Nice to see him fanning motherph*ckers once agahyn.
Struck out THIRTEEN

He goes balls out on every pitch.
Full throttle.
Will watch
The kid's stuff is just sick. I stand by my comments early in this thread when I said I would trade Lincecum, Panda, and Posey for Strasburg, Harper, and Zimmerman. I took some heat on that one. LOL. THe Nats would laugh at the Giants for that offer.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The kid's stuff is just sick. I stand by my comments early in this thread when I said I would trade Lincecum, Panda, and Posey for Strasburg, Harper, and Zimmerman. I took some heat on that one. LOL. THe Nats would laugh at the Giants for that offer.

Nats are gonna be good
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Nats are gonna be good

They already are

That's a nasty trio
Is he throwing with the same mechanics as before? I'm gonna keep labeling him the next Mark Prior until he puts in a couple fully healthy seasons.
Strasburg won't be Ryan until he learns to get the easy out. He can strike just about anyone out in Baseball but the problem he has had so far in his career is his pitch count climbs quickly and he never seems to pitch beyond the 6th which the all time greats do.