LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

In any era, HoF or not, Who is/was the best shooter (not scorer) of all time ?

In any era, HoF or not, Who is/was the best shooter (not scorer) of all time ?

Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I could care less about form. 3 point percentages from anyone prior to the 90s means dick to me since 3s weren't as much a part of the game. Bird was the best I ever saw at putting the ball in the basket from anywhere. Had he played in the era where the 3 was more dominant I have no doubt he would have practiced it more and led the league every year. Best all around shooter I ever saw.
Jordan was the best at hitting contested shots and clutch, championship winning shots. Everyone else on the list in on a lower tier.
Also, Reggie Miller is one of the most overrated palyers of all time because of one 1:30 sequence on the so called biggest stage, the Mecca, for a franchise that has all of 1 championship. The only thing more overrated than Miller is the Knicks history.

Nice! I agree 100%. Saying that Larry Bird had bad form is just a joke. How can it be bad form when the ball always goes in? Who decided it is bad form? The experts in here? Larry Bird was the best shooter I ever saw putting the ball in the hoop from anywhere on the court.

Unorthodox is the word that should be used.

Unorthodox shooting form.

Yes. This. Marion's jump shot isn't ugly, it's just unorthodox.

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Barkley's expression knew that shot was going to go in...
Share 49ersWebzone