LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Big 12 Breaking up??

it's sad these conferences have to keep getting bigger and bigger for money.
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Texas winning the Pac 10 every year?

Fixed.

yah, no doubt

It's not like Cal is ever going to win, so no biggie there.

No, it just seems odd since Texas is in the midwest. I'd be more open to a school like Boise St. or BYU since they're way closer.

huh?

austin is not much farther away from LA than seattle is, and it certainly is not in the midwest.

I disagree

Southwest, not midwest.

Either way, Texas would be in a division with the teams from the Big-12 + Arizona + Arizona State. Geographically, it's not that absurd. It also, obviously, wouldn't be the Pac-anything, since half the teams wouldn't be near the Pacific coast.
Most details here, in the original story.

thank you.

Midwest is illinois, missouri, indiana, etc... Texas is the south, or the southwest.

I didn't think my comment would erupt into a geography class.

Texas still would be the furthest team away no matter how you try to spin it. I still think looking at schools like Boise St. and BYU make more sense since their states border the rest of the Pac 10 states. Whatever though, I didn't think Texas fans wanted to be associated with us Pac 10 folk that badly.

Fixed.

yah, no doubt

No, it just seems odd since Texas is in the midwest. I'd be more open to a school like Boise St. or BYU since they're way closer.

huh?

austin is not much farther away from LA than seattle is, and it certainly is not in the midwest.

I disagree

Southwest, not midwest.

Either way, Texas would be in a division with the teams from the Big-12 + Arizona + Arizona State. Geographically, it's not that absurd. It also, obviously, wouldn't be the Pac-anything, since half the teams wouldn't be near the Pacific coast.

thank you.

Midwest is illinois, missouri, indiana, etc... Texas is the south, or the southwest.

Texas still would be the furthest team away no matter how you try to spin it. I still think looking at schools like Boise St. and BYU make more sense since their states border the rest of the Pac 10 states. Whatever though, I didn't think Texas fans wanted to be associated with us Pac 10 folk that badly.

No, Texas wouldn't be the furthest away, all the teams from the Big-12 that received invites would.

Why, if you're the Pac-10, would you want to invite BYU & Boise State over schools that actually bring a new market and a ton of money to the table? There's no benefit to adding BYU or Boise State, and Texas is a money-making machine.

So you either add the Utah and Idaho markets, without strengthening your conference much, or you add Texas, Oklahoma, and Colorado while creating the biggest powerhouse conference in college football. It's kind of a no-brainer.

Fixed.

yah, no doubt

huh?

I disagree

Southwest, not midwest.

thank you.

No, Texas wouldn't be the furthest away, all the teams from the Big-12 that received invites would.

Why, if you're the Pac-10, would you want to invite BYU & Boise State over schools that actually bring a new market and a ton of money to the table? There's no benefit to adding BYU or Boise State, and Texas is a money-making machine.

So you either add the Utah and Idaho markets, without strengthening your conference much, or you add Texas, Oklahoma, and Colorado while creating the biggest powerhouse conference in college football. It's kind of a no-brainer.

I'm obviously not talking from a financial viewpoint. My opinion is based solely on the distance from the pacific coast, hence the name, Pac 10. That is all.

Fixed.

yah, no doubt

huh?

I disagree

Southwest, not midwest.

thank you.

I'm obviously not talking from a financial viewpoint. My opinion is based solely on the distance from the pacific coast, hence the name, Pac 10. That is all.

Yeah, say bye to "Pac-10". I don't think the Pac-10 gives two s**ts about the name. It's about money, and if this happens, the "Pac-10" is no more.

Fixed.

yah, no doubt

huh?

I disagree

Southwest, not midwest.

thank you.

Yeah, say bye to "Pac-10". I don't think the Pac-10 gives two s**ts about the name. It's about money, and if this happens, the "Pac-10" is no more.

Ok then.

I think the real issue here is that you Texas fans are pissed at me for not giving two s**ts about your school.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Jun 6, 2010 at 2:40 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Texas, Oklahoma, USC, and the Pac-16

Sounds terrific. Finally someone could take down the SEC in football
[ Edited by crzy on Jun 6, 2010 at 2:43 PM ]
Ok then.

I think the real issue here are you Texas fans pissed at me for not giving a s**t about your school.

No, I don't give a s**t about the Pac-10. I think it's a weak conference, and I'd rather we didn't join, but at least we'll dominate it.

Also, I don't care what you think about Texas, and neither does the Pac-10.

The real issue here is you not understanding why adding Texas and 5 other Big-12 teams is a much smarter move for the Pac-10 than adding BYU and Boise State. Just acknowledge that.
Ok then.

I think the real issue here are you Texas fans pissed at me for not giving a s**t about your school.

No, I don't give a s**t about the Pac-10. I think it's a weak conference, and I'd rather we didn't join, but at least we'll dominate it.

The real issue here is you not understanding why adding Texas and 5 other Big-12 teams is a much smarter move for the Pac-10 than adding BYU and Boise State. Just acknowledge that.

I do acknowledge that. It's common sense. My opinion has obviously nothing to do with that, which is why I don't even understand what this argument is about.
Ok then.

I do acknowledge that. It's common sense. My opinion has obviously nothing to do with that, which is why I don't even understand what this argument is about.

It's about who is the bigger internet smart guy.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Ok then.

It's about who is the bigger internet smart guy.

Oh, makes sense then. Well if Texas joins the Pac 10, I'm sure I'll learn to pick up on this sort of thing more often.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Jun 6, 2010 at 3:04 PM ]
Wait, wtf? Why? I mean, I understand the move from a financial standpoint, but it doesn't make much sense geographically...I mean...

We're called the Pac 10...Pacific 10...Texas is in the south (Southwest technically I believe), I saw this on the side of ESPN News and was so confused...wtf man, I dont want Texas in the Pac 10...They are just gonna win the damn conference every year...lol

f**k that
Well if its about money, texas should join the Big 10. They should join the Big 10 anyway.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Well if its about money, texas should join the Big 10. They should join the Big 10 anyway.

Texas wants its own tv network so it can bring in even more money (and subsequently raise my tuition).
We're going to get stuck with the Texas schools? That will be weird.

I wonder how much it will change recruitment.
Share 49ersWebzone