Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
sad to see one of the best people and THE BEST basketball coach ever pass away. everyone here at UCLA is upset and laments his loss. even now he has an affect on every student athlete and everyone that walks into our gym is met with the Wooden pyramid. will be missed by everyone. RIP.

I guess I am different. I don't see anything sad about his passing. We all have to go sometime and this man led a full life, had a positive impact on many people, lived to be 99, and was sharp as a tack to the very end. Sad is when someone's life is cut short, his definitely wasn't. I wish we could all live forever but we can't.

That is all true but its still sad when someone leaves us. Wooden was just an amazing man and much more than just a basketball coach. He did have a blessed life but he also touched so many people in such a positive way that he cannot help but be greatly missed.

In the LA area the 2 men in sports that I admire the most are not known for being athletes. John Wooden and Vin Scully are icons that will never ever be equaled in what they did and the amount of people they brought joy to.