There are 199 users in the forums

UPDATE: John Wooden Passes Away At 99

My friends facebook status says "John Wooden has more life than the Celtics right now."

....I now understand what that means.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
My friends facebook status says "John Wooden has more life than the Celtics right now."

....I now understand what that means.

Thats a good one. Im using that one.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Wooden is dead
He was the greatest Basketball Coach of all time....

His life should be celebrated and remembered for all of his contributions to the game
for a second I thought it said John Madden
I have a burning hatred for UCLA but he was an amazing coach and Bill Walton played for him.
A great coach and an even better person. He definitely left quite a legacy.
RIP Coach Wooden
Never forgotten. We will all miss you Coach!
RIP Coach...

The Bruins & the rest of the basketball world will never forget you...

sad to see one of the best people and THE BEST basketball coach ever pass away. everyone here at UCLA is upset and laments his loss. even now he has an affect on every student athlete and everyone that walks into our gym is met with the Wooden pyramid. will be missed by everyone. RIP.
[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Jun 5, 2010 at 12:15 AM ]
He's part of the Holy Trinity of basketball. James Naismith, Red Auerbach, & John Wooden. RIP, Coach.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
He's part of the Holy Trinity of basketball. James Naismith, Red Auerbach, & John Wooden. RIP, Coach.

I consider Wooden to be very different from the other two you named. I wouldn't put them in the same category. Wooden, IMO, is the greatest coach of all time.

And IMO Wooden is in a league of his own, not for just his coaching accomplishments, but because of his character.

I'm not a UCLA fan, I say F UCLA. But Wooden....what can you say about such a great leader but admire it?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
RIP. Fortunately I am a long time UCLA fan and old enough to have watched him coach 88 straight wins and all those great players of the 60's and 70's.
[ Edited by BobS on Jun 5, 2010 at 9:44 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
sad to see one of the best people and THE BEST basketball coach ever pass away. everyone here at UCLA is upset and laments his loss. even now he has an affect on every student athlete and everyone that walks into our gym is met with the Wooden pyramid. will be missed by everyone. RIP.

I guess I am different. I don't see anything sad about his passing. We all have to go sometime and this man led a full life, had a positive impact on many people, lived to be 99, and was sharp as a tack to the very end. Sad is when someone's life is cut short, his definitely wasn't. I wish we could all live forever but we can't.
Share 49ersWebzone