There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ANYONE SEE GALLARAGA GET ROBBED?!

Just watched it here. Unbelievable. That ump should feel like the biggest ass in the world.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Just watched it here. Unbelievable. That ump should feel like the biggest ass in the world.

whats worse, he could have grouped up with the other umps and asked for help on the call, the rest of them (even if they didn't see it) could save his ass and the perfect game by saying they saw something else, and overturning the call.
Thats worse than Carl Everett pinch hitting and ruining Mike Mussina's perfecto w/ 2 outs in the 9th. I hate when history gets f**ked with.
Instant Replay here we come!!!
that's some bulls**t
Is this appeal-able since it would've been the last out of the ballgame?
Originally posted by AC49er:
Instant Replay here we come!!!
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

whats worse, he could have grouped up with the other umps and asked for help on the call, the rest of them (even if they didn't see it) could save his ass and the perfect game by saying they saw something else, and overturning the call.

Well it's very hard for the other infield umps to see something better than the first base ump. The first base ump listens for the sounds of the ball hitting the glove and the runners foot hitting the bag. The other umpires are in a way worse spot to see the play than the first base ump is. The umpire f**ked up and this type of play should be allowed to go to replay from now on imo.
Damn, man. That fukcin sucks!
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Is this appeal-able since it would've been the last out of the ballgame?

this is the key part and why it should be reviewable

it probably isn't, though

i have no idea what i'm talking about

Well it's very hard for the other infield umps to see something better than the first base ump. The first base ump listens for the sounds of the ball hitting the glove and the runners foot hitting the bag. The other umpires are in a way worse spot to see the play than the first base ump is. The umpire f**ked up and this type of play should be allowed to go to replay from now on imo.

did you not read what I wrote? I just suggested convening with the other umps to give the first base ump an opportunity to fix his own call. It would just be an excuse to say that someone else saw it better so that he could over turn it.

did you not read what I wrote? I just suggested convening with the other umps to give the first base ump an opportunity to fix his own call. It would just be an excuse to say that someone else saw it better so that he could over turn it.

Well did the guy know he had messed up? This only works if he knew he had made the wrong call and wanted to save some face.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Jun 2, 2010 at 6:45 PM ]

This. The ump should also issue a public apology to the player.

Well did the guy know he had messed up? This only works if he knew he had made the wrong call and wanted to save some face.

Haha, he coulda looked up at the video board or something. Im sure he figured it out pretty quick that he messed up.
[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Jun 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM ]
Wow. Talk about cheating Gallaraga, the fans, Austin Jackson.... everone. That may be the worst call I have ever seen given the circumstances. How on earth does the Ump call safe there???????? Unless the runner is OBVIOUSLY safe you have to call him out.