LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Ken Griffey Jr. is Retiring.. Now

Originally posted by BigRon:
Glad he is gone.

Ron. What's up with a comment like this. You are better than that.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Glad he is gone.

Ron. What's up with a comment like this. You are better than that.

only thing i can think is he is glad to see griffey saw he was done and walled away.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
No doubt the injuries killed him. He woulda been the all time home run leader and seen as the greatest power hitter ever.

Too bad for the injuries or he would have broken some records. Nonroid Bonds was slightly better and too bad he had to roid up but Griffey is the example ofwhat really happens to a body as it ages.

Great player and what really gets lost in his offensive numbers is how great he was in that Center Field.
Now he can catch up on his sleep.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Glad he is gone.

Griffey > Bonds

I actually agree. Before roids and injuries Griffey was the better player both offensivly and defensivly in my opinion. I would rank them JR 1A and Bonds 1B.

I do think Griffey is clearly the better all around player. 10 Gold gloves and 630 HR's. Thats pretty amazing.

Compare their offensive numbers before Bonds "swelled" up and you will see that Bonds was a better offensive player overall.
2nd sweetest swing only to Will Clark.

The classiest big name player of that era.

God bless that dude.

Did anyone ever have a pair if the Griffey shoes?
Pretty sure he didn't juice bc he was hurt so much
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

You get hurt easier juicing.

I remember he and Bonds were having dinner watching roided up McGwire and Sosa break the records. Bonds kinda said,''F*ck it. These guys get all the praise and nobody questions (at the time) them drugged up?''
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

You get hurt easier juicing.

I remember he and Bonds were having dinner watching roided up McGwire and Sosa break the records. Bonds kinda said,''F*ck it. These guys get all the praise and nobody questions (at the time) them drugged up?''

You are right to an extent. But overall steroids help you recover faster from injury. Especially hgh

Glad he is gone.

Griffey > Bonds

Ken Griffey Jr. is the man! I'm going to miss watching him play. Other than Barry Bonds, he's definitely my favorite baseball player.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Glad he is gone.

Griffey > Bonds

I actually agree. Before roids and injuries Griffey was the better player both offensivly and defensivly in my opinion. I would rank them JR 1A and Bonds 1B.

I do think Griffey is clearly the better all around player. 10 Gold gloves and 630 HR's. Thats pretty amazing.

Compare their offensive numbers before Bonds "swelled" up and you will see that Bonds was a better offensive player overall.

And don't forget his 514 stolen bases. Bonds is the only player with more than 500 hr and stolen bases.
The Griffey You Did Not Know

Quote:
I had learned that Jr was just getting into photography. He had bought a top of the line camera and all of the gear and wanted to learn how to take professional quality photos of his children playing sports. I told him that if he liked I could set up a meeting with the great Seattle photographer Art Wolfe who's studio is just down the street from the ballpark. He said, "Sure. Set it up. I have nothing to do before I go to the ballpark."

So set it up I did. He asked if he could bring his mom and I said of course. We spent a great couple of hours at the studio and then headed out. He had parked a block away and in that walk back to the car, in just one block, he was noticed. Some passing cars honked at him. Three actually pulled over. Fans who wanted to say hello, thank you or share a memory with him. He leaned into the window of each car and shook the hand of the driver, listened and thanked them. It was an unbelievable sight.

Without Junior I don't think I would've ever became a sports fan.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I'd much rather have Bonds on my team than Ken Griffey Jr
Share 49ersWebzone