There are 128 users in the forums

No more "Lima Time"

• mayo49
  • Veteran
He died today in LA.

Quote:

NEW YORK -- Former All-Star right-hander Jose Lima died Sunday morning at his home in Los Angeles at the age of 37.

The cause of death was ruled a heart attack, according to his wife, Dorca Astacio.

"Jose was complaining while sleeping and I just thought he was having a nightmare," Astacio told ESPNdeportes.com. "I called the paramedics, but they couldn't help him."

Lima was 89-102 in 13 seasons with the Detroit Tigers, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, Los Angeles Dodgers and New York Mets.

He was selected to the All-Star Game with Houston in 1999, when he won a career-high 21 games.

Lima didn't return to the major leagues after being released by the Mets in 2006, when he went 0-4 in four games pitched.

Last winter, Lima played for the Aguilas Cibaenas in the Dominican Republic and had announced plans to do the same in the upcoming season.

Enrique Rojas is a reporter and columnist for ESPNdeportes.com and ESPN.com.
[ Edited by mayo63 on May 23, 2010 at 11:20 AM ]
Damn.
he was entertaining to watch
too young
dang, RIP Jose
Originally posted by King49er:
OMG too young

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by King49er:
OMG too young

RIP Jose Lima

BELIEVE IT LIMA TIME
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
One of the more comical guys I have heard in an interview, and a good pitcher as well, RIP LIMATIME!!!!

RIP Jose Lima
Originally posted by SF69ers:
RIP Jose Lima
Jim Rome was saying how Lima gave him the ball from his 20th won in his 20 win season. Jim tried to give it back, but Lima said no way. Rome said he plans to give the ball to Lima's son.

I thought that was cool.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Jim Rome was saying how Lima gave him the ball from his 20th won in his 20 win season. Jim tried to give it back, but Lima said no way. Rome said he plans to give the ball to Lima's son.

I thought that was cool.

I don't often have the urge to listen to Rome, but I wanted to hear what he said about this. I was a courier back in '99, and would listen to sports talk radio while doing my route. I would always look forward to Lima Time coming on. Him and Rome were hilarious together.

Very sad. Some people really seem more "alive" than others do, and Lima was one of them. RIP.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I thought that was cool.

That really is a nice story. I was very sad to hear about Lima's death. He was a good man.
Share 49ersWebzone