LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

The Official GREATEST OFFSEASON IN NBA HISTORY

Lebron needs to take an MLE for a team that's nearly guaranteed to win a championship if he plays for them. How much more money could he possibly need? At this point, if I were him all I'd want to do is win a championship.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Lebron needs to take an MLE for a team that's nearly guaranteed to win a championship if he plays for them. How much more money could he possibly need? At this point, if I were him all I'd want to do is win a championship.

And forever have people question his ability to be the man on his own team? Yeah, that's not gonna work.
So let's talk about some other free agents, shall we??

How bout that Joe Johnson, eh?

It's not about how much he needs, it's about how much he can make. He'll never have the earning potential he has now.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

It's not about how much he needs, it's about how much he can make. He'll never have the earning potential he has now.

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money."

- Patrick Ewing
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

And forever have people question his ability to be the man on his own team? Yeah, that's not gonna work.

I'm not disagreeing, but I just think he needs to swallow his pride at this point. He's not Jordan, nor is he ever going to be and he knows it. He's like Kobe, he needs an All-Star big man to help him get over the hump.

I'm not disagreeing, but I just think he needs to swallow his pride at this point. He's not Jordan, nor is he ever going to be and he knows it. He's like Kobe, he needs an All-Star big man to help him get over the hump.

Just like Jordan needed an All-Star perimeter defender to get him over the hump. Nobody wins alone, despite the hype the best player gets. He knows that, but he also knows that he can make a s**t-load of money and not care what anyone thinks.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Just like Jordan needed an All-Star perimeter defender to get him over the hump. Nobody wins alone, despite the hype the best player gets. He knows that, but he also knows that he can make a s**t-load of money and not care what anyone thinks.

Yep, its a team game ... everyone needs help.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
My prediction is that LeBron goes to Chicago to play along side Rose. I also think that the Bulls sign Coach Cal which would lure LeBron over.

I don't know if they'll have enough money left over but I can see them going Dwayne Wade too or Joe Johnson to pair with LeBron. Now THAT would be a championship squad.

And this post was hilarious

LeBron, Rose and/or Wade or JJ? All guys who love to dominate the ball - I'd love to see how that would work.

They'll worry about that after they win a championship.

My head hurts.

Here, take two of these!

Ahh, Nuprin! Little. Yellow. Different.

I can't believe no one has said it yet..... But he's going to the New Jersey Nets. It practically is writing itself. First, his relationship with Jay-Z, part owner of the Nets. Second, the Nets pending move to Brooklyn. Third, with the potential #1 pick this years draft, say hello to John Wall. And let's not forget the other part-owner of the Nets, Mikhail Prokhorov who's only worth about $13.4 billion. This guy could sign LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh and pay the luxury tax like it's a drop in the bucket if he wanted to. Brook Lopez is emerging as a good center too.

Originally posted by crzy:
Oh my god, they made a "we are lebron video

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/05/14/2315340.aspx

And it has several Ohio congressmen

This is....I don't.....But he's....

So let's talk about some other free agents, shall we??

How bout that Joe Johnson, eh?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
What about Dwyane Wade, the guy is soooo good. Wonder if he'd wanna go back to his hometown in Chicago.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
What about Dwyane Wade, the guy is soooo good. Wonder if he'd wanna go back to his hometown in Chicago.

I think he stays in Miami, personally. But you never know. And you're right that he's being overlooked. To be honest, if my life depended on one guy winning a series and everything else was equal, I'm not sure I'd pick LeBron ahead of Dwyane Wade. He's just stuck on a garbage team ala KG in Minnesota & Kobe in the first couple of years after Shaq. Wade is a bad MFer.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol at Lebron taking the MLE. I've never read a more ridiculous statement.

There are a few players in the NBA that deserve unlimited contracts

Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Dwight Howard...those guys are worth between $40-$60 million per year without a salary cap.
[ Edited by crzy on May 14, 2010 at 8:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone