LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

The Official GREATEST OFFSEASON IN NBA HISTORY

I actually agree with crzy when it comes to LeBron & Kobe. Remember, although the max salaries weren't capped the way they are now, MJ still made $30M in a capped league. $50-$60M for either Kobe or LeBron actually sounds right to me if there were no financial restrictions. The increase in merchandise sales, franchise value, and TV ratings when you have one of those guys is astronomical.

To put things in perspective, when Shaq signed his free agent deal with the Lakers, the Lakers immediately re-negotiated their local TV deal with Prime Ticket. The end result was an increase that almost paid for Shaq's entire contract before he had played a single game as a Laker.

I don't think people come out to see Durant yet, but we may be on the precipice of that. I don't think the buzz around him will ever be as big as it is around LeBron or Kobe though. D12 is a great, great player, but people don't come out to see him play.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by crzy:
lol at Delonte banging Lebron's mom

I'll believe it when ESPN or even TMZ (a remotely legitimate media website) covers this story

she is f**kin ugly, im sure crazy as Delonte could do better

You're wrong. Here's what Delonte had to say about the matter:

"I don't care if you gotta fly. Trains, planes or Mrs. James, you bettah have mah donuts!"

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Eh? Eh? Eh?

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I actually agree with crzy when it comes to LeBron & Kobe. Remember, although the max salaries weren't capped the way they are now, MJ still made $30M in a capped league. $50-$60M for either Kobe or LeBron actually sounds right to me if there were no financial restrictions. The increase in merchandise sales, franchise value, and TV ratings when you have one of those guys is astronomical.

To put things in perspective, when Shaq signed his free agent deal with the Lakers, the Lakers immediately re-negotiated their local TV deal with Prime Ticket. The end result was an increase that almost paid for Shaq's entire contract before he had played a single game as a Laker.

I don't think people come out to see Durant yet, but we may be on the precipice of that. I don't think the buzz around him will ever be as big as it is around LeBron or Kobe though. D12 is a great, great player, but people don't come out to see him play.

I agree with this. $50 mil. is not farfetched for either of those two players.

Eh? Eh? Eh?

You can't afford him

But you are paying Lewis 20 million next year, so that's totally worth it.
lol at Lebron taking the MLE. I've never read a more ridiculous statement.

There are a few players in the NBA that deserve unlimited contracts

Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Dwight Howard...those guys are worth between $40-$60 million per year without a salary cap.

All I'm saying is if winning a championship is as important as he says it is, it would be something to consider. Never in a million years do I think he'd do it. He already has a ridiculous amount of money, he should want to win a championship more than anything at this point. Otherwise he's going to go down as the Dan Marino of basketball.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Eh? Eh? Eh?

You can't afford him

But you are paying Lewis 20 million next year, so that's totally worth it.

Holy effing shizzle. That's crazy!!!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I think every non-Magic fan is lucky that Orlando decided to waste their money on Rashard Lewis instead of Lebron or Dwayne Wade

Sheesh, worst signing ever.
I think every non-Magic fan is lucky that Orlando decided to waste their money on Rashard Lewis instead of Lebron or Dwayne Wade

Miami Heat signed Brian Grant for 7 years, $86 million, despite coming off season averages of 7.5 ppg and 5.5 rpgg. Grant responded by putting up a career season of 15.2 ppg, 8.8 rpg. Then he was traded to the Lakers who waived him after one year, got a Luxury Tax exemption, but still had to pay him the $30 Million he was owed from his contract.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
lol at Lebron taking the MLE. I've never read a more ridiculous statement.

There are a few players in the NBA that deserve unlimited contracts

Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Dwight Howard...those guys are worth between $40-$60 million per year without a salary cap.

All I'm saying is if winning a championship is as important as he says it is, it would be something to consider. Never in a million years do I think he'd do it. He already has a ridiculous amount of money, he should want to win a championship more than anything at this point. Otherwise he's going to go down as the Dan Marino of basketball.

In an uncapped league, I'm sure there's an owner rich and crazy enough to give him that type of cheddar and put a championship caliber team around him.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
What about Dwyane Wade, the guy is soooo good. Wonder if he'd wanna go back to his hometown in Chicago.

I think he stays in Miami, personally. But you never know. And you're right that he's being overlooked. To be honest, if my life depended on one guy winning a series and everything else was equal, I'm not sure I'd pick LeBron ahead of Dwyane Wade. He's just stuck on a garbage team ala KG in Minnesota & Kobe in the first couple of years after Shaq. Wade is a bad MFer.

Was it game 4 in the Miami Boston series, Wade was absolutely on fire. And watching that Heat team, there was no oee else around him. Jermaine O'Neal was Arroyo is one of the worst PG's i've seen lately, Beasley is a bust and ugh that team is a mess. Honestly unless Riley can deliver and bring a big name in like a Bosh, i dont think Wade will even think about signing back with the Heat. Heck usually that Heat stadium is only half full on home games.

If i was Chicago, I'm almost pursuing Wade more than Lebron.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Why? Derrick Rose is slightly worse version, and they're barely an 8th seed with him
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Why? Derrick Rose is slightly worse version, and they're barely an 8th seed with him

Sorry, meant to say that, i think more teams should pursue Wade over Lebron. I think Lebron will stand around for a long time then end up back with Cleveland. I'd pursue Wade from the get go.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Your criticism of that move is hilarious. Sure, he's overpaid..but very far from the worst signing ever. Rashard Lewis adds an extra dimension to this team..and once Orlando wins a title this year the money will not matter as much. Look at the strides the Magic have made since that move. They were the laughing stock of the NBA with the first overall pick and after a few key moves and players developing, they're arguably NBA Champion favorites.

Your criticism of that move is hilarious. Sure, he's overpaid..but very far from the worst signing ever. Rashard Lewis adds an extra dimension to this team..and once Orlando wins a title this year the money will not matter as much. Look at the strides the Magic have made since that move. They were the laughing stock of the NBA with the first overall pick and after a few key moves and players developing, they're arguably NBA Champion favorites.

Overconfident much?
Share 49ersWebzone