LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

**Utah Jazz Offseason Thread**

Quote:
Ryan Thompson has signed a non-guaranteed contract with the Utah Jazz for the 10-11 season.

"Just have to make sure I stay on the team for whole year," Thompson wrote on his Twitter page.

Thompson went undrafted in the 2010 NBA Draft.

Utah fans are really high on him so I hope we keep him and put him in the D-League for awhile.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Quote:
Ryan Thompson has signed a non-guaranteed contract with the Utah Jazz for the 10-11 season.

"Just have to make sure I stay on the team for whole year," Thompson wrote on his Twitter page.

Utah fans are really high on him so I hope we keep him and put him in the D-League for awhile.

He could be an upgrade over Jeffers already. He might get called up for a 10 day contract at some point, or he could pull a Matthews and surprise everyone(though I highly doubt it). We'll see how he does in camp before I get excited
Quote:
Kevin O'Connor, general manager of the Jazz, said Wednesday that there has been no progress in contract negotiations with center Kyrylo Fesenko.

"We're in the same place we've been since July 1," O'Connor said. "Nothing has changed."

The Jazz have offered the third-year center a one-year, $1 million qualifying offer. Fesenko is expected to accept the deal before training camp starts next Tuesday.

Fesenko has been searching for a multi-year offer.

He should sign. It would be a smart move on his part.
Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69229/20100923/fesenko_likely_stuck_with_utahs_qualifying_offer/#ixzz10OzTzQ4h

Fesenko is such an idiot no one is gonna overpay for his clumsy ass.
Originally posted by saniner:
Quote:

He could be an upgrade over Jeffers already. He might get called up for a 10 day contract at some point, or he could pull a Matthews and surprise everyone(though I highly doubt it). We'll see how he does in camp before I get excited

Yeah I dont think Jeffers will make the roster I think he'll head to the Flash the same as Gaines. I kinda hope to see what Thompson can do during the preseason though.
Jazz are said to be trading AK in the Melo deal(if it happens), and will receive Boris Diaw in return

If this trade goes through, there has to be more to it for Utah. AK brings a lot more to than Diaw does. Is it really just a cap move?

I'm not sure what to think just yet, so we'll see what happens
Also, I don't like trading AK to Denver...I don't like it at all.
Jazz are said to be trading AK in the Melo deal(if it happens), and will receive Boris Diaw in return

If this trade goes through, there has to be more to it for Utah. AK brings a lot more to than Diaw does. Is it really just a cap move?

I cant see Utah doing it besides the cap move. The one hope I have is that Denver then releases him and Utah resigns him for a cheaper price but thats probably wishful thinking. I sure as hell don't want Boris f**king Diaw on this team though.

I cant see Utah doing it besides the cap move. The one hope I have is that Denver then releases him and Utah resigns him for a cheaper price but thats probably wishful thinking. I sure as hell don't want Boris f**king Diaw on this team though.

It would be ok if there was more to the deal for Utah, like Gerald Henderson and future picks? Or a trade exception. I'm not too sure how it would look, but AK for Diaw straight up is horrible

It would be ok if there was more to the deal for Utah, like Gerald Henderson and future picks? Or a trade exception. I'm not too sure how it would look, but AK for Diaw straight up is horrible

Yeah exactly but AK has a lot more worth than Diaw so I don't get it especially if we have to get rid of any of our picks in this trade that doesn't benefit us at all.
Here is a great article on how trading AK will hurt us

link

I pulled this off of realgm. It really points out a lot. I just hope that we pull out of this trade ASAP

Here is a great article on how trading AK will hurt us

link

I pulled this off of realgm. It really points out a lot. I just hope that we pull out of this trade ASAP

Wow after reading that I definitely dont wanna lose him. That guy wrote a great article and may have made me an even bigger fan of AK.
O'Connor is a good GM, but when will we figure out that you cant win in the playoffs with a bunch of role players...

Deron Williams is a superstar player. you need 2-3 superstars at least to win a title. its like they just keeping drafting these goofy white guys that play 50's style fundamental ball, and signing career benchies.

until they surround Williams with a couple star players, we'll never get past the 2nd round. im not suggesting we overpay for f/a like Amare, but signing guys like Earl Watson doesnt make us any better. all it does is keeps us idling in the same 5-7 seed caliber every year. how many draft picks are we going to whiff at before we land another Deron Williams? if our drafting had gone better from AK through now maybe wed be in a better spot.
Originally posted by Niners99:
O'Connor is a good GM, but when will we figure out that you cant win in the playoffs with a bunch of role players...

Deron Williams is a superstar player. you need 2-3 superstars at least to win a title. its like they just keeping drafting these goofy white guys that play 50's style fundamental ball, and signing career benchies.

until they surround Williams with a couple star players, we'll never get past the 2nd round. im not suggesting we overpay for f/a like Amare, but signing guys like Earl Watson doesnt make us any better. all it does is keeps us idling in the same 5-7 seed caliber every year. how many draft picks are we going to whiff at before we land another Deron Williams? if our drafting had gone better from AK through now maybe wed be in a better spot.

We brought in Al Jefferson who's a guy that can score 20/10 and may become an All Star with Deron. Millsap is a guy that can get around 15/10, CJ is looking like a guy that can score about 15 ppg as well. Not to mention Bell, possibly AK47, and Okur depending on how his recovery time is. We got some players and I think if we get the right seeding this team could go to the Western Conference Finals. I'm still not sure what to make out of the Hayward pick but I love the Watson signing. We haven't had a decent backup PG since Fisher and Watson will be able to give us a lot more than Price or Gaines could ever do. This team's biggest weakness is the wings but who knows guys like Jeremy Evans and Ryan Thompson may surprise us. This season is the most I"ve been excited about the Jazz in a couple years and even though we're not title contenders we did make some good moves after losing Boozer and Korver.
Looks like Fesenko will be signing with us afterall and not going to Houston.
Looks like Fesenko will be signing with us afterall and not going to Houston.

GOOD. With Okur out, we needed a capable C. Big Al will start, but I do not want to see Elson get more than 3 minutes a game
Share 49ersWebzone