LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 138 users in the forums

**Utah Jazz Offseason Thread**

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Quote:
The Jazz have worked out free-agent veteran Francisco Elson, according to a source.

HoopsHype.com first reported the story on the site's Twitter page.

Elson played just 12 games last season due to injury.

Meh he's nothing special but he plays dirty and can rebound at times. Plus he's a huge upgrade over Jarron Collins who has been rumored to a possible return in Utah.

I like that they're looking at depth up front. I just really hope we don't get Collins again
Originally posted by saniner:
Quote:
The Jazz have worked out free-agent veteran Francisco Elson, according to a source.

HoopsHype.com first reported the story on the site's Twitter page.

Elson played just 12 games last season due to injury.

Meh he's nothing special but he plays dirty and can rebound at times. Plus he's a huge upgrade over Jarron Collins who has been rumored to a possible return in Utah.

I like that they're looking at depth up front. I just really hope we don't get Collins again

Yeah Id be pissed if he came back and if we do bring in Elson I think its a sign that Fesenko may not be coming back, which would be awesome!

I really like these. I've been thinking about buying one for a while now...hm

I'm definiely gonna buy one of both I'm jus having a hard time choosing who theyre gonna be now that Matthews is gone.

id go Williams/Millsap or Williams/Jefferson

if i ever get one itd be to hang on the wall. wearing basketball jersies is awkward. your options are looking weird with a jersey over a t-shirt, or looking way too serious with no shirt underneath. either way youre "that guy".
Quote:
Following free agency, this summer has been dominated by trade rumors involving Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony.

While discussing Anthony on Thursday, ESPN.com's Marc Stein wrote a quick paragraph on Jazz point guard Deron Williams.

"I have a feeling he's next for all these trade stories," a Western Conference official said of Williams.

Utah has seen the departure of Carlos Boozer, Ronnie Brewer and Wesley Matthews since February. Al Jefferson was quickly acquired with little given up in return and the team spent its lottery pick on Gordon Hayward.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68951/20100902/deron_could_be_next_to_ask_for_trade/#ixzz0yQb3NkpW

I'm having a hard time believing this since he seems to be happy that we brought in Jefferson, Bell and Hayward.
Jazz agree in principle with Elson

link
Jazz agree in principle with Elson

link

Lakers don't have a chance.

I like the signing though i was gonna be pissed if we brought in Collins. Elson plays hard and he plays dirty inside which is just what we need for 10 minutes a game.

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Sep 10, 2010 at 10:18:20 ]
Quote:
The Jazz and free-agent forward Kyrylo Fesenko continue to engage in contract negotiations.

A deal could be reached this week, but nothing is imminent.

Utah is the most likely destination for Fesenko, but a mixture of NBA and European teams have expressed interest in him as of late.

The Jazz made a one-year, $1 million qualifying offer to Fesenko that has been on the table since July.

Meh at least he's a big body but thats all he offers
Quote:

Jazz center Mehmet Okur will be re-evaluated by the team in October, according to general manager Kevin O'Connor.

Okur is recovering from left Achilles tendon surgery and has started running drills.

He dealt with a sore Achilles during the latter part of the year, then ruptured it during Game 1 of a first-round playoff series against Denver.

Okur is expected to return around midseason.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69114/20100914/jazz_will_re_evaluate_okur_in_october/#ixzz0zZrE1stc
Quote:
Update: #UtahJazz watched guard Earl Watson work out today. Watson's situation is fluid, though, and other teams are interested.

PPPPLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE He's just the backup we need we can't have Price be the primary backup again
Quote:
Update: #UtahJazz watched guard Earl Watson work out today. Watson's situation is fluid, though, and other teams are interested.

PPPPLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE He's just the backup we need we can't have Price be the primary backup again

I would love to have him, and I REALLY hope he signs, as well as Fes. After those moves I think we are done as far as making moves this year. After this year I'd like to see us sign AK to a reasonable contract again.

It should be a fun year for us.
Quote:

I would love to have him, and I REALLY hope he signs, as well as Fes. After those moves I think we are done as far as making moves this year. After this year I'd like to see us sign AK to a reasonable contract again.

Yeah I think it will be too. No championship but I'm really excited to see how this new look team plays.

Quote:

Yeah I think it will be too. No championship but I'm really excited to see how this new look team plays.

I have no idea what to expect. I think that with big Al we are better off. We knew what Boozer did for us, which was great, but with Al we are a different team. When we get Okur back we will have a lot of weapons to work with
Quote:

I have no idea what to expect. I think that with big Al we are better off. We knew what Boozer did for us, which was great, but with Al we are a different team. When we get Okur back we will have a lot of weapons to work with

Yeah we will I just hope we have enough shooters oon the wings. I'm not sure what to expect out of Hayward and Bell coming off of his injury. Miles will be great if he's consistent and I could see him scoring around 15 ppg but I hope we bring in a couple solid shooters into camp. Ive been hearing a lil about Ryan Thompson from Rider who can play the 1,2, and 3 so he may be a guy to watch
Some good news, looks like we signed Watson! I'm on my phone so I can't post a link, but it should be on rotoworld
Some good news, looks like we signed Watson! I'm on my phone so I can't post a link, but it should be on rotoworld

From twitter:
Quote:
Vet guard Earl Watson has committed to sign a guaranteed deal with Utah Jazz, Y! Sports has learned. Terms still being discussed.
18 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® .Vet guard Earl Watson has committed to sign with Utah Jazz, Y! Sports has learned.

I'm loving this move so much and it really caps off a great offseason. He's not a big time player but he understands his role and he produces and runs the offense.

Deron/Watson/Price
Bell/Miles/Price
Miles/Kirilenko/Hayward
Millsap/Kirilenko
Jefferson/Memo/Elson/Fesenko probably

I'm loving this line up so much and Kevin O'Connor has done a great job this offseason I gotta admit. I can't wait till the season starts now.

Forgot about Evans too but he'll probably be inactive for most games.

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Sep 20, 2010 at 23:06:33 ]
Quote:
Kevin O'Connor, general manager of the Jazz, said Wednesday that there has been no progress in contract negotiations with center Kyrylo Fesenko.

"We're in the same place we've been since July 1," O'Connor said. "Nothing has changed."

The Jazz have offered the third-year center a one-year, $1 million qualifying offer. Fesenko is expected to accept the deal before training camp starts next Tuesday.

Fesenko has been searching for a multi-year offer.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69229/20100923/fesenko_likely_stuck_with_utahs_qualifying_offer/#ixzz10OzTzQ4h

Fesenko is such an idiot no one is gonna overpay for his clumsy ass.
Share 49ersWebzone