There are 168 users in the forums

***OFFICIAL USAMNT 2010 WC THREAD***

Originally posted by 1251alex:
Hercules Gomez is a BEAST!!! hopefully he makes it, he deserves it. I hope Paco Torres makes it too. Hes a quality midfielder.

Where and when has Gomez produced for this team? Sorry, can't agree with that

Paco Torres, though, I agree, he's definitely a quality rotation guy and if anyone *KNOCK ON WOOD* were to get injured, could fill in nicely. Not an All-Star but a good player overall.
GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton)

DEFENDERS (9): Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Jay DeMerit (Watford), Clarence Goodson (IK Start), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan), Heath Pearce (FC Dallas), Jonathan Spector (West Ham United)

MIDFIELDERS (12): DaMarcus Beasley (Rangers), Alejandro Bedoya (Örebro), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Benny Feilhaber (Aarhus), Stuart Holden (Bolton), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew), José Torres (Pachuca)

FORWARDS (6): Jozy Altidore (Villarreal), Edson Buddle (Los Angeles Galaxy), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake), Herculez Gomez (Puebla), Eddie Johnson (Aris Thessaloniki)

[ Edited by Hollywood49er on May 11, 2010 at 11:29:56 ]
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Oguchi made it as expected. Go Edson
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Hercules Gomez is a BEAST!!! hopefully he makes it, he deserves it. I hope Paco Torres makes it too. Hes a quality midfielder.

Paco Torres, though, I agree, he's definitely a quality rotation guy and if anyone *KNOCK ON WOOD* were to get injured, could fill in nicely. Not an All-Star but a good player overall.

Gomez just won the top goalscorer in the mexican league with a mid table team who constantly fights against relegation(Mexico has a f**ked up relegation system), and the last time I checked thats one of the top 10 leagues in the world. Hopefully he can translate that success into the US squad. As for Paco, he is only what? 22? He will keep getting better in the future for the U.S.
How'd they choose Findley over Casey? That's ridiculous....

Gomez just won the top goalscorer in the mexican league with a mid table team who constantly fights against relegation(Mexico has a f**ked up relegation system), and the last time I checked thats one of the top 10 leagues in the world. Hopefully he can translate that success into the US squad. As for Paco, he is only what? 22? He will keep getting better in the future for the U.S.

Touche , I concede my doubt of Gomez and also hope he translates well to the squad.

Also, I agreed with you about Torres and think he'll be key for late portions of the game for any key substitutions.

Touche , I concede my doubt of Gomez and also hope he translates well to the squad.

Also, I agreed with you about Torres and think he'll be key for late portions of the game for any key substitutions.

Oh yeah, and in alot of games Gomez came in as a sub for his club and scored. My favorite team let go of 2 points because of an amazing goal by Gomez even though his team was down a man. damn him.
Never take happiness in anyones injury but John Terry was hurt today during training for Chelsea.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Never take happiness in anyones injury but John Terry was hurt today during training for Chelsea.

He'll be fine, which sucks.

Also, I guess this is the nail in the coffin for Freddy Adu ...
Yeah Edu never lived up to any hype. I hope Gomez & Buddle can provide the USA with something.

Clint Demsey to play today in UEFA Europe Title game for Fullham FC 11:45 PST on FSC
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Clint Demsey to play today in UEFA Europe Title game for Fullham FC 11:45 PST on FSC

The gamecast doesn't list him in the starting eleven. How do they not start their best player? He's not injured, is he?

Gamecast link
Originally posted by Riot:

The gamecast doesn't list him in the starting eleven. How do they not start their best player? He's not injured, is he?

Gamecast link

I just got a tweet from Nike Soccer says he will be first player off the bench. He has been very effective in this role.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Riot:

Gamecast link

I just got a tweet from Nike Soccer says he will be first player off the bench. He has been very effective in this role.

Oh right on. Thanks for the heads-up.
Dempsey is in now. 50 Min.
Share 49ersWebzone