There are 243 users in the forums

NBA Playoffs Conference Finals: #1 Lakers vs #3Suns Thread

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Let it be known that while the Lakers might be favored to win it on paper, it is the Suns who are favored to win it in the hearts of the general public, worldwide.

That's awesome! lol

Nice Photoshop.

Read it and weep, holmes

Does it really surprise you? People are tired of seeing the Lakers in the Finals, and this is a really, really likable Suns team. Even the Spurs were happy to see us sweep them.

I can't see that link cuz I'm on my phone, but when I voted on it at home an hour ago the lakers were ahead 65% to 35%. Not sure if it's the same one, but I found it on the sportsnation NBA section asking who was going to win.

Ahh, so it's just your reading comprehension that's failing you.

No, but even if it did, the majority of the map was blue.
Let it be known that while the Lakers might be favored to win it on paper, it is the Suns who are favored to win it in the hearts of the general public, worldwide.

That's awesome! lol

Nice Photoshop.

Read it and weep, holmes

Does it really surprise you? People are tired of seeing the Lakers in the Finals, and this is a really, really likable Suns team. Even the Spurs were happy to see us sweep them.

I can't see that link cuz I'm on my phone, but when I voted on it at home an hour ago the lakers were ahead 65% to 35%. Not sure if it's the same one, but I found it on the sportsnation NBA section asking who was going to win.

Because you say you voted on one that was asking who thought would win; this one is on who everyone is rooting for. RC101 son!
Even California is 40% for the Suns.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

And I'd venture to guess NorCal would be in the red, too. The only place that wants LA to win this series is SoCal.

And I'd venture to guess NorCal would be in the red, too. The only place that wants LA to win this series is SoCal.

If this was ice skating, you guys would be all set.

Too bad the states can't dictate who wins this series... otherwise you guys would have a chance
Quote:
Jon Ireland said yesterday on the radio that when he asked Kobe to come on his show, Kobe declined saying "I don't want to be put into a position where I have to say anything nice about the Suns, I just want to be dialed in."

Jon Ireland reported that Kobe was extra focused on mentally preparing for the upcoming series. Ireland also reported that when reporters asked Kobe if being knocked out of the playoffs twice by the Suns was still fresh in his mind, Kobe replied "What do you think?"

UH OHH.... It's Mamba time.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Quote:
Jon Ireland said yesterday on the radio that when he asked Kobe to come on his show, Kobe declined saying "I don't want to be put into a position where I have to say anything nice about the Suns, I just want to be dialed in."

Jon Ireland reported that Kobe was extra focused on mentally preparing for the upcoming series. Ireland also reported that when reporters asked Kobe if being knocked out of the playoffs twice by the Suns was still fresh in his mind, Kobe replied "What do you think?"

The Suns just hope it's not Llama time and Candyman time.

That's awesome! lol

Nice Photoshop.

Read it and weep, holmes

Because you say you voted on one that was asking who thought would win; this one is on who everyone is rooting for. RC101 son!

Ahh, rooting for. Yeah, I get that. Not very surprising at all.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Quote:

This is Kobe just trying to pump himself up...........all fo' sho'.......doesnt bother me at all.

KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i must say i do like the suns alot tho
to hell with the suns except j-rich, hope the lakers finish them off in 5 or less and get their 2nd ring in a row. theyre nothing but a small road block in the way of kobe's 5th ring
Phil Jackson: Nash carries the ball

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- When the Los Angeles Lakers clinched a berth in the Western Conference finals on Monday, Lakers coach Phil Jackson had nothing but praise for his team's upcoming opponent, the Phoenix Suns, saying that the Suns are playing their best basketball of the season.

On Friday, Jackson retreated from praise and started posturing when asked if it was difficult to simulate the Suns and their star point guard Steve Nash in practice during the long layoff before Game 1.

"Yeah, because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice," Jackson said, smiling as he moved his arm and turned over his palm, the symbol for an illegal carry in the unofficial sign language of basketball. "You can't pick that ball up and run with it."
Phil Jackson, already playing the mind games.
Phil Jackson, already playing the mind games.

that s**t is stupid already
Share 49ersWebzone