LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 374 users in the forums

NBA Playoffs R2: #3 Suns vs #7 Spurs Thread

• ZRF80
Originally posted by crzy:
Well even if the Suns win this series ,they're probably going to get swept next round.

This team isn't nearly as good as the 07 Suns.

I semi-agree. They actually asked Nash that question (is this the best Suns team you've played with ?) on PTI yesterday, and he kind of hesitated for a bit and said, "yeah, umm, in some ways, yeah........we're better."

I think this team has more heart, and plays defense with a bit more sense of urgency. We can actually get some defensive stops, something that was unheard of in the past, when all we did was try to outscore our opponents...

With that said, Amare is a much better player and we finally have someone (Hill) that can play Manu if he has to.

Im still not a fan of the 3 pointer being our decider (win or lose), but this was the first game since this rivalry began that I felt that SA (and not PHX) felt like they just couldnt pull off a win, even if they did everything right.

That 07 team though was poised for wing, but we didnt.....

[ Edited by ZRF80 on May 6, 2010 at 17:46:41 ]
  • lazy
  • Veteran
My prediction for tonights game: Spurs blowout the Suns.....but I'm not going to be upset about the loss
I don't see a blowout happening, but I'd be a little more than pleasantly surprised if we get the win tonight.
  • ZRF80
When we were down by 11 (?) in game 2 against the former champion Spurs, I thought to myself, "there's no way we have a shot tonight". But we came back. And then, as the game was coming to a close, the teams were tied.....and SA kept taking a 3-5 point lead only to have PHX tie it back up, I thought to myself, "this the San Antonio Spurs. They dont just piss away games. We have no shot at this". Guess what ? We won.

No one thought we stood a chance against the Spurs in game 2, but we proved them wrong. PHX KNOWS they need a game in SA tonight. I hope they come up big.

Game on.
The Suns are settling for way too many jumpshots.
Down only 6 after such a horrendous 1st half? I'll take it!
Originally posted by ZRF80:
When we were down by 11 (?) in game 2 against the former champion Spurs, I thought to myself, "there's no way we have a shot tonight". But we came back. And then, as the game was coming to a close, the teams were tied.....and SA kept taking a 3-5 point lead only to have PHX tie it back up, I thought to myself, "this the San Antonio Spurs. They dont just piss away games. We have no shot at this". Guess what ? We won.

No one thought we stood a chance against the Spurs in game 2, but we proved them wrong. PHX KNOWS they need a game in SA tonight. I hope they come up big.

Game on.

Even with you guys playing the way you are and only being down 6, theres just no way. Spurs are gonna take this game, you need to steal game 3. This is going to be a only home-win series IMO.
1 point game!
Dragic!

Dragic is going insane right now.
Retribution~ it's sweet!
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Dragic is going insane right now.

Dragic Johnson
Share 49ersWebzone