There are 226 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings Off Season Thread**

Originally posted by SacRock14:
Anyone catch Chris Webber/David Kahn last night?

Paraphrasing....

Kahn: "Darko is the best passing big man since Vlade."
Webber: "Vlade Divac?"

Kahn: "I think Darko's career kind of resembles yours, Chris. What year did you really feel comfortable in the league?"
Webber: "Let's not talk about me and Darko in the same sentence."

Webber at the end...sarcastic: "Good luck."

lol. Will always love C-Webb.

Yahoo: link to Kahn/Webber exchange

Kahn has a screw loose. Worst GM in the NBA. Someone posted the question on espn's double take, how does pritchard lose his job, and kahn keep his? Only answer someone could come up with is this world is a funny place sometimes...
Boogie Fever.

Drafting a franchise point/two guard and a franchise center in back to back lotteries.

Well done Petrie, very well done.

When Coachie says this about you...

To Kings assistant coach Pete Carril, Cousins is something he has never seen before.

“I’ve been in the pros 13 years now … he’s the first and perhaps authentic … only original, different type of player that I’ve seen,” Carril said before the broadcast of tonight’s game on NBA TV. “There’s certain things you can’t teach and he does all of them.”

.....you are going to have a bright future in this league.

[ Edited by domesik on Jul 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM ]
In case you didn't know (I didn't until last game), the summer league games are free on ESPN3.com.

Watching Kings/Toronto right now.
Eddie House would be a great fit on this team
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I like Eddie, too. Would love to have him. If not though, I'm starting to warm to the idea of just giving a couple spots to some of these summer league guys. Try to catch lightning in a bottle. A vet would be nice, but it would be cool to try to develop some guys -- Donald Sloan and Dionte Christmas come to mind.

What about Eddie House to the Heat?

For those who missed today's game, here's the breakdown.

Shooting woes lead to Kings first summer league loss
Originally posted by SacRock14:

I like Eddie, too. Would love to have him. If not though, I'm starting to warm to the idea of just giving a couple spots to some of these summer league guys. Try to catch lightning in a bottle. A vet would be nice, but it would be cool to try to develop some guys -- Donald Sloan and Dionte Christmas come to mind.

What about Eddie House to the Heat?

For those who missed today's game, here's the breakdown.

Shooting woes lead to Kings first summer league loss

true but House gives us that drop dead shooting that will put games away in the fourth quater
wow casspi hitting it down from 3

linkage plz
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:

linkage plz

it was from the game on sat vs chi

I am just curious of the young PG's who do you guys like the most?

1 Sloan
2 Rice
3 Downey
personally I love Downey
I am just curious of the young PG's who do you guys like the most?

1 Sloan
2 Rice
3 Downey

Sloan-Downey-Rice is my order. Downey was too tentative for me. He finally opened up today, but it was in the last couple minutes. Maybe if he gets an invite to training camp, he can try to impress. I know he can score, but he should have been more aggressive.

Sloan just seemed comfortable with the ball. He's powerful and goes to the basket. Sac already gave him a non-guaranteed deal, so he'll be at training camp.

Rice just isn't talented enough IMO. He isn't a good shooter and he can't get to the basket. And he might be bigger than Downey, but not enough to have any power in the NBA.
I hope this Downey and Sloan do it. I like the style. Need a quality shooter.
I have a feeling that Kings fans are going to have a serious love -hate relationship with Cousins . This kid really needs to have a strong mentor and role model or it could turn bad. Absolutley worth the risk but he really could end up as a star or a bust.

From ESPN and Summer League Report:

"But we also saw Cousins' immaturity and petulant body language. He jawed incessantly at opposing centers like Greg Stiemsma and nagged game officials with impunity. After shooting 45.8 percent over his first three games, Cousins went 9-for-45 from the field in his final three and also saw his rebounding totals sag.

When the Kings' coaching staff gave him instructions during huddles, Cousins pouted and looked away. Whether his fall-off was a product of poor conditioning, irritability or just self-disgust, one thing is certain: He has more talent than advertised -- and it's going to be more difficult to harness than most of us realized.
Share 49ersWebzone