LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

2010 NBA Playoff Thread (Magic vs. Celtics/Lakers vs. Suns)

• jrg
  • Veteran

'Sheed?
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I just love how that went down. I love that he got a triple-double. I loved every rebound he got on a free throw or with 3 other Cavs around. I love that his PER in that game was probably awesome. I love how his team shot under-40% and were held to 85 points despite that. I love that people are saying that he didn't have the supporting cast. And most of all, I love that my two favorite players of this generation (Kobe & Garnett) end up getting a little more appreciation because of this for being the salty dogs that they are. LeBron should watch, he might learn something.

Come on man. We all know LeBrons cast was average at best. Dude is a stud.
FYI Kobe was in this same boat in 2007 after getting crushed 4-1 by PHO.
At 25yrs old LeBron will be making most doubters and you look silly for years to come.

Kobe in 2007 had Lamar Odom, Luke Walton, Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Brian Cook, and a 19 year old Andrew Bynum as his supporting cast. There is no comparison between what he had and LeBron's 2010 team.

LeBron's going to win a title at some point, and probably more than one. Dude absolutely is a stud. There's nothing that will "make me look silly" in this. My point, and what I've always maintained, is that people have been worshiping at his stat-compiling alter for years now, and it's been very premature.

And for God's sake, let's stop calling him "King". Kings have rings.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Lebron's team is garbage

Antawn Jamison is their second best player lol
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
I just love how that went down. I love that he got a triple-double. I loved every rebound he got on a free throw or with 3 other Cavs around. I love that his PER in that game was probably awesome. I love how his team shot under-40% and were held to 85 points despite that. I love that people are saying that he didn't have the supporting cast. And most of all, I love that my two favorite players of this generation (Kobe & Garnett) end up getting a little more appreciation because of this for being the salty dogs that they are. LeBron should watch, he might learn something.

Come on man. We all know LeBrons cast was average at best. Dude is a stud.
FYI Kobe was in this same boat in 2007 after getting crushed 4-1 by PHO.
At 25yrs old LeBron will be making most doubters and you look silly for years to come.

Kobe in 2007 had Lamar Odom, Luke Walton, Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Brian Cook, and a 19 year old Andrew Bynum as his supporting cast. There is no comparison between what he had and LeBron's 2010 team.

LeBron's going to win a title at some point, and probably more than one. Dude absolutely is a stud. There's nothing that will "make me look silly" in this. My point, and what I've always maintained, is that people have been worshiping at his stat-compiling alter for years now, and it's been very premature.

And for God's sake, let's stop calling him "King". Kings have rings.

King James had to play a team with 3-4 HOF guys. The Suns weren't on the celtics level no comparison there.

Kobe has yet to win a playoff series without a skilled big man.
James took his team of Boobie Gibson, Varejo, and god knows who else to the finals and beat a Detroit team Kobe couldn't with 3 HOFers.
That is all I dont want to debate Kobe vs LeBron.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Conference Finals schedule added to the OP.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Eastern Conference

Magic 59-23 (2)

vs.

Celtics 50-32 (4)

Western Conference

Lakers 57-25 (1)

vs.

Suns 54-28 (3)

Originally posted by jrg:

'Sheed?

Boston has the advantage at EVERY position except for Center.

This should be interesting.

I say Boston forces Howard to Guard Garnett by taking out Perkins, which will force Howard outside the Key due to Garnett's jumpers.

Lebron James's game is predictable, which is why it is so easy for a defender to stay in front of a 6'9" super human with super speed and jumping ability. He really needs to learn how to post or stop his drive in the key, pivot back, up and under...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

'Sheed?

Boston has the advantage at EVERY position except for Center.

This should be interesting.

I say Boston forces Howard to Guard Garnett by taking out Perkins, which will force Howard outside the Key due to Garnett's jumpers.

Boston does not have anywhere near the depth Orlando has, and also..those are regular season stats..this man right here is the key factor for Orlando IMO. How well he plays will be where Orlando goes. You know Howards gonna dominate and put up double doubles..you know the 3's are going to be there..it all depends if Jameer Nelson can keep playing as well as he has.

• jrg
  • Veteran

vs.

It's amazing what facing inferior competition will do for your stat line.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

You talking about Orlando facing inferior opponents?

Atlanta was 3-1 against Boston this year and finished 3 games ahead of them.

I don't see why everyone bashes Atlanta.
never mind jrg already posted the stats
[ Edited by valrod33 on May 14, 2010 at 11:46 AM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
Lebron's team is garbage

Antawn Jamison is their second best player lol

So it wasn't you who agreed with my assessment that he had a superb supporting cast, and that it would be an incredible failure if LeBron didn't win it all this year?

And Hollywood, saying that Boston has three hall of famers on their team is misleading, because none of them are amongst the Top 5 in the league at their position currently. They're all past their primes.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

You talking about Orlando facing inferior opponents?

Atlanta was 3-1 against Boston this year and finished 3 games ahead of them.

I don't see why everyone bashes Atlanta.

Because they are a horrid road team, and road losses are usually due to a lack of leadership and mental toughness. Teams that can't win on the road, especially in the playoffs, have no shot at doing anything significant in the postseason.
Share 49ersWebzone