Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trial of Allen Iverson EPSN 30-30 Documentary

• crzy
  • Veteran
here is the reggie miller one not great quality

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6B0IM7QS
Just watched No Crossover.

That one woman, I believe Emily Dobson was her name, summed it up for me...

"The Allen Iverson story is a sad story with an unwritten ending."

I think it's great he emerged from a tough upbringing to make something of himself. But has he really learned from all of his mistakes? I don't think so, because he keeps making them. I respect his talent, but really, I've never had respect for the way he goes about it. He's a me-first player. Perfect example this season: Refuses to take a reduced role on what turned out to be a good Memphis team because he'd rather start on one of the worst teams in the league.

Hoop Dreams is one of my favorite movies, because Steve James does a great job of telling the full story. This was a good show -- it makes you think.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1H5WQKQD

Iverson documentary ^^
Honestly if I were a team going nowhere next year I'd take a run at a AI/Tmac backcourt. They could probably be had for next to nothing and you include plenty of escape clauses in case of injury or if they show to have nothing left. And even when it ultimately blew up you'd still have bought some time to clear out cap space and you'd be getting a lottery pick out of the deal.

Probably just the Warrior fan in me, I have a lot of experience in the art of feigning competiveness, cutting losses, and starting all over. We call it Cohan-ism.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Just watched No Crossover.

That one woman, I believe Emily Dobson was her name, summed it up for me...

"The Allen Iverson story is a sad story with an unwritten ending."

I think it's great he emerged from a tough upbringing to make something of himself. But has he really learned from all of his mistakes? I don't think so, because he keeps making them. I respect his talent, but really, I've never had respect for the way he goes about it. He's a me-first player. Perfect example this season: Refuses to take a reduced role on what turned out to be a good Memphis team because he'd rather start on one of the worst teams in the league.

Hoop Dreams is one of my favorite movies, because Steve James does a great job of telling the full story. This was a good show -- it makes you think.

Many great athletes have tremendous egos. And many of them have trouble letting go of the sport when their best days are behind them. The same arrogance that allowed Iverson to be one of the league's best players in 2001 is what hindered him from accepting that his time in the spotlight was done.

I understand that many people don't like Iverson's game.

But me, personally, I couldn't help but marvel at how an unique 6-1 shooting guard became one of the league's most intimidating players.

And for better or worse, he had his own style and swagger that many current players have tried to emulate. How many current superstars wear the arm sleeves that Iverson made popular.
I'm trying to tell yall. Minnesota should trade Jefferson to the Wiz for Josh Howard's expiring contract + whatever picks they can get out of Wash, sign up TMac/AI for the year and take a run at it.

AI, TMac, Howard, Love, Cousins (through the draft). That should win more than the 15 games they pulled this year, it would definitely sell more tickets. Then in '11 you would have 60 mil in capspace to play with, maybe even get Rubio to come on over. It could work!
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Iverson and McGrady are finished
Originally posted by crzy:

Sad but true I was really hoping McGrady would do well in NY but his knee just can't take the toll anymore.

they can still sell tickets though, remember Great Time Out!
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
I'm trying to tell yall. Minnesota should trade Jefferson to the Wiz for Josh Howard's expiring contract + whatever picks they can get out of Wash, sign up TMac/AI for the year and take a run at it.

AI, TMac, Howard, Love, Cousins (through the draft). That should win more than the 15 games they pulled this year, it would definitely sell more tickets. Then in '11 you would have 60 mil in capspace to play with, maybe even get Rubio to come on over. It could work!

f**k josh howard
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

f**k josh howard

Seriously. Al Jefferson is worth more than expirings
[ Edited by crzy on Apr 16, 2010 at 6:37 AM ]
what a sad story on so many levels.

f**k josh howard

exactly, and from what im reading is sounds like Kevin Love is gonna be on the move this summer not jefferson.

I dont know, but Mchale really f**ked up this organization

f**k josh howard

he's really not, they can probably get more out of him, but he's a empty stat guy getting paid 50 million dollars. He has never led his team anywhere let gets paid like a superstar. If I'm Sota I'm cutting my losses and taking picks and capspace and trying to bring in a real player. The AI/TMac thing could sell tickets in the interim while the fire sell is happening.

And besides Kevin Love duplicates most things Jefferson can do for a fraction of the price.

they can still sell tickets though, remember Great Time Out!

I wouldn't mind seeing the Iverson farewell tour.