There are 201 users in the forums

The Masters thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Rajon Rondo is tougher than Tiger Woods

How does this guy have so many injuries? Knee and achilles? He's in his 30's. I've played plenty of golf. It's not that physical of a sport...

lol

You don't walk every round you play, 4 days a week, for the majority of the year. The fact that you tried to compare your game to a PGA pro is so ridiculous, but somehow not surprising.

I don't see other guys with so many injuries. Phil seems fine and many other guys too. It's just Tiger. He's FRAGILE.

How does this guy have so many injuries? Knee and achilles? He's in his 30's. I've played plenty of golf. It's not that physical of a sport...

lol

You don't walk every round you play, 4 days a week, for the majority of the year. The fact that you tried to compare your game to a PGA pro is so ridiculous, but somehow not surprising.

I don't see other guys with so many injuries. Phil seems fine and many other guys too. It's just Tiger. He's FRAGILE.

Plenty of golfers have all sorts of injuries. They just don't get the press like Tiger does. Sure some guys are healthier than others, but your attempt to dismiss all other golfers as never getting injured is just plain ridiculous.

But again, somehow not surprising.

lol

Not to mention the fact that Tiger has probably hit about 2 million balls on the range. A pro golfer puts a LOT of strain on their body - much more than most amatuers that have no where near the swing speed. It can affect the back, the knees, the shoulder.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
rub some dirt on it and get back in there you p***y

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

lol

Not to mention the fact that Tiger has probably hit about 2 million balls on the range. A pro golfer puts a LOT of strain on their body - much more than most amatuers that have no where near the swing speed. It can affect the back, the knees, the shoulder.

I don't see the other top guys injured. Just Tiger. And he's not a "top guy" anymore anyway. Maybe he should work out in the offseason so he can strengthen his body instead of spending all offseason doing hookers...
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
yeah Happy got hit by a car, a car!

lol

I don't see the other top guys injured. Just Tiger. And he's not a "top guy" anymore anyway. Maybe he should work out in the offseason so he can strengthen his body instead of spending all offseason doing hookers...

You're doing it again. Why must you infest every thread in OS with nonsensical posts, aimed to do nothing but incite others when they're trying to have legitimate discussion?
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
rub some dirt on it and get back in there you p***y

Maybe he can't go. Not sure how much he is hurting. But with all the joint injuries I don't think he will be the same player anymore.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 12, 2011 at 4:21 PM ]

lol

Ernie Els missed close to a year with a knee injury
Fred Couples has fought a bad back his whole career
Anthony Kim missed close to a year with a wrist injury
I know of several others who have also missed considerable time due to knee, wrist, finger, back, and other issues. Tiger just gets much more publicity and pressure to get back after just taking a couple of weeks off.

Pros generate so much torque to get those swing speeds/launch speeds, not to mention walking 4 rounds (Average close to 7,000 yards plus distance between holes) out in the open (no indoor stadiums - try walking in Florida in July/August four consecutive days playing golf - I triple dog dare ya! )
I am convinced that Tiger was on the juice when he was dominating. He paid his ex wife to keep her mouth shut but doesn't trust her so he quit it in case he gets tested on a rumor. That's why he is always injured now

Who would have thought That tiger couldn't catch Nicklaus in the record books.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I am convinced that Tiger was on the juice when he was dominating. He paid his ex wife to keep her mouth shut but doesn't trust her so he quit it in case he gets tested on a rumor. That's why he is always injured now

Steriods can create muscle strength but it's often dangerous for the joints where natural loads are exceeded and injuries can occur. Also if you go off it sometimes more injuries happen. Not sure if that's the case for Tiger. I don't know if he was ever on it. But he does have joint injuries a lot.
i don't think he's faking.. but at the same time i think he's using it as an excuse

he'd rather quit than look bad playing in one of the biggest tourney's..

he should just take a year off and get right

------

a lot of people are saying his time frame is closing in on him.. i don't believe that.. how old is tiger? if old fogie seniors can play this game.. why are people already giving up on him?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Steroids is the ultimate healing agent. I'm sure he had injuries before and could have used steroids to speed up the healing process. I wonder if the body can get accustomed or dependent on that and then if one stops using it, the body's natural healing process just doesn't respond as well anymore to newer injuries after steroid usage stops.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't understand how golfers get hurt since I don't consider them athletes.
Originally posted by crzy:
I don't understand how golfers get hurt since I don't consider them athletes.

I don't think they do. I think the golf injuries stats are highly skewed by the fact that there's 55 year-olds who can play the "sport" at a high level.

I don't know how race car drivers get hurt because I don't consider them athletes either.
Share 49ersWebzone