There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Masters thread

Phil's shot into #15 might be one of the top 5 shots I have ever seen. 200 + yards from the pine straw over water to 3 fricking feet. Unreal!!!!!!!!
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,197
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Phil's shot into #15 might be one of the top 5 shots I have ever seen. 200 + yards from the pine straw over water to 3 fricking feet. Unreal!!!!!!!!

It was. Would have been even better had he made the eagle putt, but at least he still birdied.
WAY TO GO PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well played, FIGJAM.
Originally posted by SLICK:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Phil's shot into #15 might be one of the top 5 shots I have ever seen. 200 + yards from the pine straw over water to 3 fricking feet. Unreal!!!!!!!!

It was. Would have been even better had he made the eagle putt, but at least he still birdied.

that shot was just nasty. and Amy Mickelson god spped with the battle with cancer. fcuk cancer.
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Apr 11, 2010 at 4:21 PM ]
From ESPN Conversations:

LockhartsGhost (4/11/2010 at 4:04 PM) Report Violation For the love of all, leave Tiger out of this conversation, people. This is the day for the man who briefly left golf's millions of dollars to be there for his family. A more deserving champion does not exist.

DognDaNo (4/11/2010 at 4:03 PM) Report Violation Who was Tiger going to hug if he won? Which porn star?

spjackson77 (4/11/2010 at 4:01 PM) Report Violation tiger woods finishes with a 69......heheheh, how appropriate.

dnsdps (4/11/2010 at 4:00 PM) Report Violation Tiger is gonna take it out on some porno star tonight.


Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by SLICK:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Phil's shot into #15 might be one of the top 5 shots I have ever seen. 200 + yards from the pine straw over water to 3 fricking feet. Unreal!!!!!!!!

It was. Would have been even better had he made the eagle putt, but at least he still birdied.

that shot was just nasty. and Pam Mickelson god speed with the battle with cancer. fcuk cancer.

I have been watching golf a LONG time but probably have never felt so good about the result given everything that Phil and his family have gone through. By the way, her name is Amy and I could not agree more with your sentiments.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by SLICK:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Phil's shot into #15 might be one of the top 5 shots I have ever seen. 200 + yards from the pine straw over water to 3 fricking feet. Unreal!!!!!!!!

It was. Would have been even better had he made the eagle putt, but at least he still birdied.

that shot was just nasty. and Pam Mickelson god speed with the battle with cancer. fcuk cancer.

I have been watching golf a LONG time but probably have never felt so good about the result given everything that Phil and his family have gone through. By the way, her name is Amy and I could not agree more with your sentiments.

thanks for the correction. now I got to put money in swear jar
  • Otter
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,936
Tiger pulled out of the TPC due to knee and achilles injuries. I know there have been steroid rumors in the past, isn't one of the side affects a weakening of tendons? His torn knee a few years ago at the Open and now this, certainly makes me reconsider if he used or not.
Originally posted by Otter:
Tiger pulled out of the TPC due to knee and achilles injuries. I know there have been steroid rumors in the past, isn't one of the side affects a weakening of tendons? His torn knee a few years ago at the Open and now this, certainly makes me reconsider if he used or not.

I wonder how much this withdraw is due to his injuries, or the fact he shot a 42 on the front 9? His ego might be in more pain than his knee/achilles.

I was really hoping that he would come back to his old, dominant self; but the longer these type of things continue to happen, the less likely it seems will see the old Tiger ever again.
I have no doubt that Tiger will win more tournaments and possibly another major. However, his years of domination are over. There are simply too many great young golfers around the world now for Tiger at this point in his career to dominate.

I think the best thing that Tiger could do would be to go back to Butch Harmon and just stick with him for the rest of his career. He is the best coach he ever had and was with him throughout his best years. He screws with his swing way too much now and its become a mental thing for him.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I have no doubt that Tiger will win more tournaments and possibly another major. However, his years of domination are over. There are simply too many great young golfers around the world now for Tiger at this point in his career to dominate.

I think the best thing that Tiger could do would be to go back to Butch Harmon and just stick with him for the rest of his career. He is the best coach he ever had and was with him throughout his best years. He screws with his swing way too much now and its become a mental thing for him.

That's the comment one of the analyst's said right after the Masters - go back and do whatever it takes to get back with BH.

I read one article that TW was walking with an obvious limp. TW said that he aggravated the injury with his first tee shot (another report said the tee shot on #4). I tuned into todays coverage on the Golf Channel expecting to see it (the injury), but they've only shown 2-3 shots and no walking except as he got in his car to leave. Tough to tell if he was limping.

I've heard that (unknown) sports analysts are really playing up the steroid thing though. (Was listening to Talk Radio on the way home, and the Host refused to identify who said it)
Rajon Rondo is tougher than Tiger Woods
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Rajon Rondo is tougher than Tiger Woods

How does this guy have so many injuries? Knee and achilles? He's in his 30's. I've played plenty of golf. It's not that physical of a sport...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Rajon Rondo is tougher than Tiger Woods

How does this guy have so many injuries? Knee and achilles? He's in his 30's. I've played plenty of golf. It's not that physical of a sport...

lol


You don't walk every round you play, 4 days a week, for the majority of the year. The fact that you tried to compare your game to a PGA pro is so ridiculous, but somehow not surprising.