"I'll get you next time, Gadget!"

He never did get Gadget, though.

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
"I'll get you next time, Gadget!"

He never did get Gadget, though.

Originally posted by pantstickle:
Yeah, but you'll lose your war when your warrior chokes. Me?

Champion.

And you only used career totals except for FG% and FT%.

every stat i used totals on i projected Duncans 19 year career totals based on his current pace. so it really was averages. Malone has more pts, but he played 6 more years so far. however if you do the math, Duncan going 6 more years at his career pace of pts, he wouldnt even come close.

lol and i love how Malone is this big "choker" because he missed 1 free throw in a big game. give me more than 1 instance when he choked specifically?

and like i said, Duncan is a Center playing PF. he has the paint dominance of a HOF Center, which is why he was such a critical part of the Spurs championships.

for a guy of his size and strength, Malone is probably the most versatile low post player ever. great passer. excellent ball handling skills, and racked up alot of assists despite being known for receiving assists from the all time leader. and his perimeter shooting was so fundamentally solid.

when i look at skill sets, Duncan is great because hes so good in the low post. hes over 7 feet tall. he dominates under the basket with scoring and rebounding. while being HOF caliber, its not groundbreaking. there are plenty of HOF big men that were elected with that skillset.

Malones skillset is something you just dont see. a PF who could work low post with great footwork, but then also could stick the outside fade jumper in your face every time. he dominated below the basket and with perimeter shooting, could pass, assist, rebound, and play defense really well. thats extremely rare.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Apr 10, 2010 at 03:22:11 ]
Originally posted by hklar17:

Wow, I forgot how explosive he was in his prime, since he basically played for another 10 years as a crappy spot up 3 pt shooter.

Also it's no wonder injuries slowed him, look at how hard he went down to the floor on some of those finishes.

[ Edited by znk916 on Apr 10, 2010 at 08:54:06 ]
oh my wow!

• Shifty
  • Veteran
oh my wow!

Scottie!!
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
oh my wow!

Scottie!!
Originally posted by Niners99:

Champion.

every stat i used totals on i projected Duncans 19 year career totals based on his current pace. so it really was averages. Malone has more pts, but he played 6 more years so far. however if you do the math, Duncan going 6 more years at his career pace of pts, he wouldnt even come close.

lol and i love how Malone is this big "choker" because he missed 1 free throw in a big game. give me more than 1 instance when he choked specifically?

and like i said, Duncan is a Center playing PF. he has the paint dominance of a HOF Center, which is why he was such a critical part of the Spurs championships.

for a guy of his size and strength, Malone is probably the most versatile low post player ever. great passer. excellent ball handling skills, and racked up alot of assists despite being known for receiving assists from the all time leader. and his perimeter shooting was so fundamentally solid.

when i look at skill sets, Duncan is great because hes so good in the low post. hes over 7 feet tall. he dominates under the basket with scoring and rebounding. while being HOF caliber, its not groundbreaking. there are plenty of HOF big men that were elected with that skillset.

Malones skillset is something you just dont see. a PF who could work low post with great footwork, but then also could stick the outside fade jumper in your face every time. he dominated below the basket and with perimeter shooting, could pass, assist, rebound, and play defense really well. thats extremely rare.

haha, no

name me a player of Malones size who played PF or C that could also shoot, pass, rebound, and dish out assists at a high level?

"haha, no" doesnt make any case for yourself.

Champion.

haha, no

name me a player of Malones size who played PF or C that could also shoot, pass, rebound, and dish out assists at a high level?

"haha, no" doesnt make any case for yourself.

Arvydas Sabonis
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Wow, somehow I never heard all the bad press about Malone, just the good stuff. I have had periods where I worked a lot and followed nothing but football. Maybe the bad stuff came out during one of these periods.
Originally posted by BobS:
Wow, somehow I never heard all the bad press about Malone, just the good stuff. I have had periods where I worked a lot and followed nothing but football. Maybe the bad stuff came out during one of these periods.

Today Karl Malone talking about health. Karl Malone healthy as horse but everybody not so lucky. All kinds of Americans infected by diabetes. Diabetes infect young, old, women, men, and here Karl Malone's whole thing. Why they call it diabetes? They get people all riled up. That's why Karl Malone say change name diabetes to livebetes. That way, people won't go walking around saying "oh no, I'm gonna diabetes." Instead, they saying, "look out world, livebetes coming through." That's called positivity thinking right there, and that's kinda thing keep Karl Malone on top. Remember now, you too can prevent forest fire. Until next time, this here Karl Malone.

[ Edited by SacRock14 on Apr 11, 2010 at 09:57:42 ]
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by BobS:

Today Karl Malone talking about health. Karl Malone healthy as horse but everybody not so lucky. All kinds of Americans infected by diabetes. Diabetes infect young, old, women, men, and here Karl Malone's whole thing. Why they call it diabetes? They get people all riled up. That's why Karl Malone say change name diabetes to livebetes. That way, people won't go walking around saying "oh no, I'm gonna diabetes." Instead, they saying, "look out world, livebetes coming through." That's called positivity thinking right there, and that's kinda thing keep Karl Malone on top. Remember now, you too can prevent forest fire. Until next time, this here Karl Malone.

Ahaha! I read that with Jimmy Kimmel's voice.

Karl Malone here to talk to you about water conservation...

Remember kids, if its yellow, let it mellow. but if its brown? flush it down!
[ Edited by Niners99 on Apr 11, 2010 at 12:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone