LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Malone, Pippen elected to Hall

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by BobS:
Malone was a freak, he could do it all. For a big man he had a soft shooting touch, Too bad he never got a ring. Great human being also, wish more pro athletes had his class.

Agree to disagree.

Even I have to agree with you on that.

lol yeah, malone was kind of an ignorant douche.

however, NBA's 2nd all time leading scorer, and the best PF in NBA history. was my fav player growing up. im happy for him, he deserves it.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Pity Malone was a choker

lol how was he a choker? he ran into a Michael Jordan buzzsaw. the Jazz wouldve wiped the floor with any other team in those 2 Finals.

i think people are looking way too much into his personal life. he was the best PF in NBA history, and 2nd all time scorer. thats all that matters in an NBA HOF discussion. Michael Jordan is addicted to gambling, cheated on his wife, and is a rude, arrogant douche. nobody mentioned that when he got elected.

Really? Because I remember him missing two free throws with a couple of seconds left (when he only needed one) to lose an NBA Finals game after Pippen whispered "the Mailman doesn't deliver on Sundays". He was notorious for coming up small in big moments. But I'm sure that somehow that was Michael Jordan's doing, since everything else seems to be.

And Malone isn't in Duncan's league when it comes to PFs.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Malone was a freak, he could do it all. For a big man he had a soft shooting touch, Too bad he never got a ring. Great human being also, wish more pro athletes had his class.

Agree to disagree.

however, NBA's 2nd all time leading scorer, and the best PF in NBA history. was my fav player growing up. im happy for him, he deserves it.

Biggest BS shot in NBA history!
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Agree to disagree.

I thought this was.

Agree to disagree.

Consider his standards though. He's a lawyer, after all.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Pity Malone was a choker

lol how was he a choker? he ran into a Michael Jordan buzzsaw. the Jazz wouldve wiped the floor with any other team in those 2 Finals.

i think people are looking way too much into his personal life. he was the best PF in NBA history, and 2nd all time scorer. thats all that matters in an NBA HOF discussion. Michael Jordan is addicted to gambling, cheated on his wife, and is a rude, arrogant douche. nobody mentioned that when he got elected.

Really? Because I remember him missing two free throws with a couple of seconds left (when he only needed one) to lose an NBA Finals game after Pippen whispered "13 year olds, dude". He was notorious for coming up small in big moments. But I'm sure that somehow that was Michael Jordan's doing, since everything else seems to be.

And Malone isn't in Duncan's league when it comes to PFs.

Fixed to what he should have whispered
Pity Malone was a choker

Nobody's taking credit away from him, he deserves to be in the HOF... that doesn't mean people have to like him.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Agree to disagree.

I thought this was.

Remind me to mail you a Kaczynski style care package.
Fair enough. It was totally worth it.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
and the best PF in NBA history

Karl Malone accomplished absolutely nothing in his prime.

Only when Barkley, Hakeem were way past their primes, and the Kemp Sonics imploded did the Jazz make the Finals.

One of the most overrated players in NBA history.

Originally posted by crzy:

Only when Barkley, Hakeem were way past their primes, and the Kemp Sonics imploded did the Jazz make the Finals.

this
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Congratulations to my favorite player of all time

Damn he was good, the best defensive player Ive ever seen.

Doesn't get enough credit IMO.

I loved Pippen. One of my favorite players of all time.

this

all time leading scorers:

1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 38,387
2. Karl Malone - 36,928
3. Michael Jordan - 32,292
4. Wilt Chamberlain - 31,419
5. Shaquille O'Neal - 28,255

34. Tim Duncan - 20,330

Malone is also 1st in NBA history in free throws attempted and made, as well as 1st in defensive rebounds.

i watched Malone play alot more than most other people. he was that good, and he was the best PF ever. people have the same bias against Malone that they do with Barry Bonds. you dont like Malone, you think hes an ass, and a crappy person, so you laugh off the notion that the NBA's 2nd all time leading scorer might be the best to play his position.

basketball is a team sport. Malone not winning any titles shouldnt detract from how hes remembered as a player. he was an MVP caliber force that could dominate the paint, and stick a fade jumper in your face on the perimeter.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Apr 6, 2010 at 02:36:49 ]

this

all time leading scorers:

1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 38,387
2. Karl Malone - 36,928
3. Michael Jordan - 32,292
4. Wilt Chamberlain - 31,419
5. Shaquille O'Neal - 28,255

34. Tim Duncan - 20,330

Malone is also 1st in NBA history in free throws attempted and made, as well as 1st in defensive rebounds.

i watched Malone play alot more than most other people. he was that good, and he was the best PF ever. people have the same bias against Malone that they do with Barry Bonds. you dont like Malone, you think hes an ass, and a crappy person, so you laugh off the notion that the NBA's 2nd all time leading scorer might be the best to play his position.

basketball is a team sport. Malone not winning any titles shouldnt detract from how hes remembered as a player. he was an MVP caliber force that could dominate the paint, and stick a fade jumper in your face on the perimeter.

That's a terrible argument. Karl Malone played for 19 seasons, which is why he's #2 all time on the list. It's a testament to his longevity. He was a slightly better scorer than Duncan, but Duncan was a better rebounder and a MUCH, MUCH better defender.

You say that he ran into the "Jordan buzzsaw", but the truth is...he only got out of the West twice in his 18 years in Utah, despite having arguably the 2nd best PG of all time feeding him the ball. That has nothing to do with the Bulls. By contrast, Duncan's lead his team to 4 titles despite having to face the Kobe/Shaq Lakers for years.

Duncan was the better player, and it isn't really all that close.

mhmm..
Share 49ersWebzone