Oct. 16 Western Michigan 2:30PM NBC
Oct. 23 at Navy (at Meadowlands - East Rutherford, N.J.) TBA
Oct. 30 Tulsa 2:30PM NBC
Nov. 6 Open Date
Nov. 13 Utah 2:30 NBC
Nov. 20 Army (at Yankee Stadium - Bronx, N.Y.) 7:00PM NBC
Nov. 27 at USC TBA

Notre Dame, Kelly looking to spring far ahead

On quarterback Dayne Crist's recovery from ACL surgery: "We'd be really close to playing with him. Obviously, we're going to be smart. He'll play all our 7-on-7 routines, he'll be in all of our one-on-ones. We'll put a big funnel around him and make sure no one gets near him."

On backup quarterback Nate Montana: "We gotta rely on Montana to really compete with Crist. He's got some experience. He bounced around a little bit, he understands what he needs to be. He's caught our eye a little bit. He's going to have to come through for us."

On the Theo Riddick-to-receiver move: "I mentioned how important it is to get your playmakers on the field. We also had to open up space for Cierre Wood. Here's a guy who was sitting fourth on the depth chart with two seniors, it was going to be hard to get him on the field. We need to get him on the field as well. Moving Theo, we believe he's got the ability to catch the football at the line of scrimmage and make big plays for us. It gets a Cierre Wood into the football game."

On other position switches: "We moved Lane Clelland over to defense, he was an offensive lineman. We needed some more size and strength. We moved Steve Paskorz, who was a fullback, to inside linebacker to give us bigger, stronger, more physical players. I think we all saw that we needed to stop the run last year, we needed to get bigger, and we couldn't do it through recruiting. We needed to do it through players on our roster."

On Tyler Eifert's recovery from disc surgery: "Tyler's coming back, doing a great job, really pleased. I think he's got a chance to be a really good player here. I think they've solved the back problem with him. He's long, he's athletic, he provides us with the kind of tight end we're looking for."

On running back Jonas Gray's status
: "Jonas is part of our program, absolutely. He is in spring practice, yep."

[ Edited by KRS-1 on Mar 24, 2010 at 06:46:57 ]
Sept 11 eh

calls 911 yo I think he's died

I will never know why this football team gets so much publicity and hype. There are plenty of teams who used to be really good.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Sept 11 eh

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I will never know why this football team gets so much publicity and hype. There are plenty of teams who used to be really good.

To quote another WZ'er from yesterday :

Quote:
When life gives you questions, Google has answers!
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Sept 11 eh

oh look whats that scoreboard say

Originally posted by KRS-1:

oh look whats that scoreboard say

Can't wait for this game. Should be an exciting one like last year's was.
I wish, as much as any ND fan, that Clausen stayed one more year, but D-Crist is very capable of being better than JC ever was.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
I wish, as much as any ND fan, that Clausen stayed one more year, but D-Crist is very capable of being better than JC ever was.

YIP YIP YIP YIP UNH HUNH UNH HUNH.

Link to article/video on 1st day of Spring practice
  • bigfan
  • Info N/A

GO IRISH!

What taylor dever doing. Is he gonna start?
Notre Dame recruit Matt James tragically passes

May he RIP.

The glory of this is that it is an OFFICIAL video. Not some garage project, but something accounted for in the ND budget, with production values, official cheerleaders, official ND footage.

In other words, SOMEONE REALLY THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA IN THE ND ATHLETIC DEPT.