There are 199 users in the forums

WZ Showdown!!! Magic vs Spurs

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Damn. The Spurs played at the speed and focus of a college level team tonight. Can't really blame the back to back as all they did was go from Miami to ORL.

Face it bro, unfortunately your spurs are old and might as well be done. They probably need to rebuild. You guys had a great run while it lasted though.

This man speaks the truth. (from experience)
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Damn. The Spurs played at the speed and focus of a college level team tonight. Can't really blame the back to back as all they did was go from Miami to ORL.

Stop it. You plain and simple got your ass beat.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Wow. A showdown thread so one guy can talk to himself for 3 pages?
Geritol FAIL.
Originally posted by dobophile:
FYI, the Spurs only have 3 players over 30. Dejuan Blair and George Hill are 20 and 23, respectively.

Getting rid of Finley, Bowen, Ratliff, Oberto, and Thomas has really changed this team. Now young and inexperienced guys like Malik Hairston, Garrett Temple, and Yawn Mahinmi are getting minutes.

Ok.

Gatorade FAIL.
FYI, the Spurs only have 3 players over 30. Dejuan Blair and George Hill are 20 and 23, respectively.

Getting rid of Finley, Bowen, Ratliff, Oberto, and Thomas has really changed this team. Now young and inexperienced guys like Malik Hairston, Garrett Temple, and Yawn Mahinmi are getting minutes.

I was thinking the exact same thing when one of the announcers said the Spurs are one of the oldest teams. I don't think they were tired more than they checked out when none of their shots were landing.
Timmy looked REALLY old last night though.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Welcome to a jrg thread (Stoney started it, but it's still a jrg thread). The Cardinals thread is the best. 25 posts, 19 by James.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by TX9R:

Welcome to a jrg thread (Stoney started it, but it's still a jrg thread). The Cardinals thread is the best. 25 posts, 19 by James.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Ok.

Gatorade FAIL.

Yes, definitely a fail.

The Spurs are contenders when they have Parker's quickness, Manu's craftiness, and Duncan's all-around dominance. The problem is, they haven't had all three simultaneously in a long time. That's partly due to age (Duncan and Ginobili).

The Spurs have plenty of youth. They need to get the big 3 healthy for the playoffs, that's what it's about. But even then, I think the Spurs could use a Rasho-like 7 footer to help Duncan out. That was the biggest fail of the offseason.

Also, the commentator mentioned the bench did not help and that the Spurs bench is usually tops in the league. Ahem, did they realize the reason why our bench in near tops in the league is because the main guy from the bench is now starting.

Also, jrg is to ORL posts prior to gametime as I am to Spurs posting prior to gametime which means that I liked ORL but now I hate ORL.

Share 49ersWebzone