There are 223 users in the forums

Scottie Pippen lost 120 million & 80% NFL players broke 2 years after retirement

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
crazy article

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ys-investopediamoneyloss031010&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Morons I don't pity them at all.
They really need to make pros take a class every season on how to manage their money and not f**k up.
diversify yo bonds nigga
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
diversify yo bonds nigga

This ain't trading places, this is REAL f**kING life, PROTECT YO GODDAMN NECK!
Wasnt there an article on sports illustrated about a year ago about this?
no pity from me.....they feel entitlement, and are treated like royalty....no pity whatsoever.
Originally posted by 1251alex:

Yeah, its old news.

News flash: Pro athletes including NBA players are idiots with great physical talents that have tons have money and not a clue on what to do with it. There are exceptions (Ronnie Lott comes to mind. And John Elway made way more money in car dealerships then he ever did playing ball, sold them for $80 million+).
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Mar 12, 2010 at 1:22 AM ]
all bad. i would be pissed if i lost 120$ !

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by 1251alex:

Yeah, its old news.

News flash: Pro athletes including NBA players are idiots with great physical talents that have tons have money and not a clue on what to do with it. There are exceptions (Ronnie Lott comes to mind. And John Elway made way more money in car dealerships then he ever did playing ball, sold them for $80 million+).

didn't Elway go to Stanford? you have to be somewhat intelligent to get into Stanford, even as an athlete.
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Mar 12, 2010 at 1:56 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Morons I don't pity them at all.
Originally posted by teeohh:
They really need to make pros take a class every season on how to manage their money and not f**k up.

It's their own responsibility to learn how to manage money wisely. Once the paycheck is extended the responsibility ends and it's up to each individual to do something with it. They are not babies. They are adults.
This why they dont like to be franchised, bc they want more money to blow away for the following weekend
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by teeohh:

It's their own responsibility to learn how to manage money wisely. Once the paycheck is extended the responsibility ends and it's up to each individual to do something with it. They are not babies. They are adults.

And actually they do get classes on this, starting at the rookie symposium. Also even an idiot can hire someone to manage their money, they just choose not to.
Share 49ersWebzone