LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

The 2010 South Africa World Cup thread

Originally posted by NickV:
Oh man. I just noticed that Brazil had left out Hulk. He will make the squad for copa america along with david luiz. One man wrecking crew.

Tha's a funny thing. I heard the same thing about this David Luiz by a portuguese journalist whow as guest on a tv channell here in Brazil. The reaction from the brazilians was priceless: "who the f**k is David Luiz?"

I for one had never heard of him until you mentioned it. Goes to show you that there are tons of good players scattered trhough the globe and the coach sometimes can't watch them all.

And had he selected David Luiz the reaction from the press and fans would be unanimous: "what the f**k is he doing? Fire this SOB and get us a new coach".
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Oh man. I just noticed that Brazil had left out Hulk. He will make the squad for copa america along with david luiz. One man wrecking crew.

Tha's a funny thing. I heard the same thing about this David Luiz by a portuguese journalist whow as guest on a tv channell here in Brazil. The reaction from the brazilians was priceless: "who the f**k is David Luiz?"

I for one had never heard of him until you mentioned it. Goes to show you that there are tons of good players scattered trhough the globe and the coach sometimes can't watch them all.

And had he selected David Luiz the reaction from the press and fans would be unanimous: "what the f**k is he doing? Fire this SOB and get us a new coach".

Quem?????
Originally posted by Brew:

Quem?????

Quem, indeed. You should have seen the look on the brazilian journalists´s faces.
  • NickV
  • Veteran

Quem?????

He is a very very good defender with some offensive abilitys. He will become more well known when he gets bought by a more popular club. He quickly become a fan favorite over in Portugal. But yea that does go to show the wealth of talent Brasil has.

Thats also why some of them get Portuguese citizenships so they can play on a national squad lmao.
  • Brew
  • Veteran

Quem?????

He is a very very good defender with some offensive abilitys. He will become more well known when he gets bought by a more popular club. He quickly become a fan favorite over in Portugal. But yea that does go to show the wealth of talent Brasil has.

Thats also why some of them get Portuguese citizenships so they can play on a national squad lmao.

A lot of them get mexican citizenship. Traitors!!!!!!

Quem?????

like who?
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Quem?????

like who?

• Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Quem?????

like who?

I don't know
Argentina

Quote:
GK
MARIANO ANDUJAR - Catania (Italia)

SERGIO ROMERO - Az Alkmaar (Holanda)

DIEGO POZO - Colón de Santa Fe

DEF

NICOLAS BURDISSO - Roma (Italia)

FABRICIO COLOCCINI - Newcastle (Inglaterra)

MARTIN DEMICHELIS - Bayern Munich (Alemania)

ARIEL GARCE - Colón de Santa Fe

GABRIEL HEINZE - Olympique de Marsella (Francia)

JUAN MANUEL INSAURRALDE - Newell's Old Boys

NICOLAS OTAMENDI - Vélez Sarsfield

CLEMENTE RODRIGUEZ - Estudiantes de la Plata

WALTER SAMUEL - Inter de Milán (Italia)

MEDIOCAMPISTAS:

SEBASTIAN BLANCO - Lanús

MARIO BOLATTI - Fiorentina (Italia)

JESUS DATOLO - Olympiakos (Grecia)

ANGEL DI MARIA - Benfica (Portugal)

JONAS GUTIERREZ - Newcastle United (Inglaterra)

JAVIER MASCHERANO - Liverpool (Inglaterra)

JUAN IGNACIO MERCIER - Argentinos Juniors

JAVIER PASTORE - Palermo (Italia)

MAXIMILIANO RODRIGUEZ - Liverpool (Inglaterra)

JOSE SOSA - Estudiantes de La Plata

JUAN SEBASTIAN VERON - Estudiantes de La Plata

DELANTEROS:

SERGIO AGÜERO - Atlético de Madrid (España)

GONZALO HIGUAIN - Real Madrid (España)

EZEQUIEL LAVEZZI - Nápoli (Italia)

LIONEL MESSI - Barcelona (España)

DIEGO MILITO - Inter de Milan (Italia)

MARTIN PALERMO - Boca Juniors

CARLOS TEVEZ - Manchester City (Inglaterra)

DO NOT LIKE THE PALERMO PICK, that old rag
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Argentina

Quote:
GK

DEF

MEDIOCAMPISTAS:

SEBASTIAN BLANCO - Lanús

DELANTEROS:

Cue VDSF in 3...2....

• NickV
  • Veteran
Argentina

Quote:
GK

DEF

MEDIOCAMPISTAS:

SEBASTIAN BLANCO - Lanús

DELANTEROS:

Cue VDSF in 3...2....

lol

That is a very very strong club. They will go deep into the tourney.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Hey Alex when does Mexico announce their team. Any thoughts on Blanco, man he looked terrible last couple of games...slow too slow. Not hating at all just an opinion. Even all my family die hard Mexico fans hate Blanco being on the squad.

Ya blanco has been shaky, dude gives up on balls sometimes. He can only play tops 45 min. I hope he makes the WC for leadership to our young guns. Mexico has 1 more friendly before they put out their 30 man roster but im not 100% sure.
G H A N AAAAHHHHHH

Quem?????

like who?

I don't know

Antonio Naelson "Sinha"

he is badass and was a staple in mexicos 2006 World Cup effort. He was left out by Aguirre.

also Leandro Augusto. Was called up by Sven Goran Eriksson in his awful stint as Mexico's Coach. Leandro Augusto is badass too.

Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Any word on Mexicos Roster. Pops is bugging me about it..

it has already been announced.

here are the europeans:
Defensas:

Rafael Márquez

Ricardo Osorio

Francisco Javier Rodríguez

Carlos Salcido

Héctor Moreno

Medios:

Jonathan Dos Santos

Andrés Guardado

Delanteros:

Guillermo Franco

Carlos Vela

Giovani Dos Santos

Mexican league:
Francisco Guillermo Ochoa

Luis Ernesto Michel

Oscar Pérez

Paul Aguilar

Efraín Juárez

Jonny Magallón

Juan Carlos Valenzuela

Jorge Torres Nilo

Gerardo Torrado

Israel Castro

Adrián Aldrete

Pablo Barrera

Adolfo Bautista

Cuauhtémoc Blanco

Alberto “Venado” Medina

Miguel Sabah

Javier Hernández “Chicharito”

3 will get cut and that includes Sabah due to a torn ligament.
Share 49ersWebzone