There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 2010 South Africa World Cup thread

  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Check it out HWood:

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/sow_experts/post/The-U-S-2010-World-Cup-home-kit-official-reveal?urn=sow,237759

Its a throwback to 1950 when we beat England in the World Cup ...
Originally posted by dman:
Check it out HWood:

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/sow_experts/post/The-U-S-2010-World-Cup-home-kit-official-reveal?urn=sow,237759

Its a throwback to 1950 when we beat England in the World Cup ...

I see the similarities now, its a nice jersey. Dam this got me pumped for the WC. I like that Bocanegra said "Expect big things from TEAM USA in SA"
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by dman:
Check it out HWood:

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/sow_experts/post/The-U-S-2010-World-Cup-home-kit-official-reveal?urn=sow,237759

Its a throwback to 1950 when we beat England in the World Cup ...

I see the similarities now, its a nice jersey. Dam this got me pumped for the WC. I like that Bocanegra said "Expect big things from TEAM USA in SA"


  • Riot
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,468
After 2006 I'll reserve my excitement. That "Don't Tread on Me" campaign had me stoked for the US' chances, especially after 2002, and they crapped all over themselves.

I really want to get pumped for this - I mean hell, this team beat Spain and took Brazil to the wire - but let's see how they come out against England.
Italian Unis (The blue looks like it has a transformer in it or something:




[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Apr 30, 2010 at 11:48:18 ]
  • Riot
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,468
Italy is apparently sponsored by Batman.
Originally posted by Riot:
Italy is apparently sponsored by Batman.

USA USA USA!
that USA jersey is badass.
I wanna like it, it's a clean design, but I just don't for some reason.

I like their previous kits with the thin stripes going across.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
that USA jersey is badass.

As long as they win with it. Gotta beat England.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
that USA jersey is badass.

As long as they win with it. Gotta beat England.

yup yup. Go USA.
CONCACAF TO REVISIT WORLD CUP QUALIFYING FORMAT
Quote:
THE Executive Committee of CONCACAF will meet today and tomorrow where it is expected to explore the idea of reforming its World Cup qualifying format.

Though he could not give details, committee member, Jamaican Captain Horace Burrell, conceded the confederation will be looking seriously at a proposal to fashion its qualification tournament off that of CONMEBOL, the grouping of South America's football-playing countries.

"I can't say much right now as this is still a matter under discussion, but I know that it will be high on the list of things that we will be addressing over the next two days," he said.

"Yes, we are looking to see if we can have a similar format to what exists in South America, which would give the final 12 teams of CONCACAF more matches in a World Cup qualifying tournament," added Burrell, who is also senior vice-president of the Caribbean Football Union.

If adopted, it means that the existing three-group semi-final stage of 12 nations will be scrapped for a one-group set-up -- similarly to what obtains in South America -- where the 12 CONCACAF finalists would play each other twice in a home-and-away format with 22 matches for each team.

"This would mean more matches for the teams. I don't think the present format is conducive to overall football development, therefore we hope for the sake of the game in the confederation, and the Caribbean in particular, that some meaningful discussion will emerge from the meetings," said Burrell, the head of Jamaica's football.

CONCACAF is the association embracing football-playing nations of North and Central America and the Caribbean.
linky

good news for countries like Jamaica and Puerto Rico.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
CONCACAF TO REVISIT WORLD CUP QUALIFYING FORMAT
Quote:
THE Executive Committee of CONCACAF will meet today and tomorrow where it is expected to explore the idea of reforming its World Cup qualifying format.

Though he could not give details, committee member, Jamaican Captain Horace Burrell, conceded the confederation will be looking seriously at a proposal to fashion its qualification tournament off that of CONMEBOL, the grouping of South America's football-playing countries.

"I can't say much right now as this is still a matter under discussion, but I know that it will be high on the list of things that we will be addressing over the next two days," he said.

"Yes, we are looking to see if we can have a similar format to what exists in South America, which would give the final 12 teams of CONCACAF more matches in a World Cup qualifying tournament," added Burrell, who is also senior vice-president of the Caribbean Football Union.

If adopted, it means that the existing three-group semi-final stage of 12 nations will be scrapped for a one-group set-up -- similarly to what obtains in South America -- where the 12 CONCACAF finalists would play each other twice in a home-and-away format with 22 matches for each team.

"This would mean more matches for the teams. I don't think the present format is conducive to overall football development, therefore we hope for the sake of the game in the confederation, and the Caribbean in particular, that some meaningful discussion will emerge from the meetings," said Burrell, the head of Jamaica's football.

CONCACAF is the association embracing football-playing nations of North and Central America and the Caribbean.
linky

good news for countries like Jamaica and Puerto Rico.

  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
My old friend from high school invited me to his wedding but its on the day of the final match ... I haven't sent the rsvp yet ...