There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chinese fans worry Yao Ming’s baby will be American

• crzy
  • Veteran

Quote:

BEIJING—Chinese basketball fans want to know: Will Yao Ming’s baby be an American?

The Houston Rockets centre recently returned to the United States with wife Ye Li. That prompted speculation among his followers that the baby girl due this summer could be born in America.

Chinese fans online have said that would be a betrayal of China — in part because it could deny the country a future star for the national team. Ye is also a basketball player, and stands 6 feet, 2 inches tall, well short of Yao’s 7-6.

Yao’s baby would automatically be an American citizen if born in the U.S. She also could claim Chinese citizenship as the child of Chinese nationals, though Chinese law does not recognize dual citizenship.
lol We could have the next Yao Ming 20 years from now playing on the American olympic team vs China. How AWESOME would that be?
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
lol We could have the next Yao Ming 20 years from now playing on the American olympic team vs China. How AWESOME would that be?

except the baby is a girl
Originally posted by crzy:

Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

Stupid ass metric system.

You had to ruin it. Wait, isn't it that if he has the kid in China he can't have any more kids, or they have to get the girl aborted? And if he has it in America he can has as many as he wants?

Could be the USA's women's olympic team.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Could be the USA's women's olympic team.

So the dream of a gigantic chinese center playing against the chinese olympic team is still alive. SWEET
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Hah! I'm taller then Yao, I'm way above 3 feet

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Mar 4, 2010 at 02:02:06 ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

yeah. hat s**t is wrong.

i tink.
Why should China care? It's gonna be a girl anyway.
lol that's hilarious, they love their basketball over there.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

yeah. hat s**t is wrong.

i tink.
ahh...

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!