LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Official 2010 Oakland A's Thread

Can see a better pic of it here.

I don't know what the hell they were thinking with that huge RF structure, looks like it would be made out of bricks.
That stadium is ugly as hell.
Yeah so far not that impressed.

IMO they should "KISS", KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

I'd personally rather have them duplicate what they had at the coliseum which is just put bleachers out there both in RF and LF. Do what the ChiSox did with US Cell.

I have no idea what the hell that RF structure is? Looks like it's a 15-20 ft wall made of bricks and 30 ft in a bunch of "bleachers" if you wanna call them that just out. The structure itself looks as it has some seats and some luxury boxes built in.

I know every team wants their park to have a distinct feel to it and I'd guess that's what a potential new A's park in SJ would have but yet again, these are the first sketches and I doubt what we see here is 100% gonna be built. Course I don't know if they would entirely scrap that huge RF structure out as I think they should.

Park doesn't have much of open feel to it, looks very closed off other than CF as I mentioned before. Most agree that the pre Mt.Davis coliseum was great but once you got that huge monstrosity built back in the mid 90s, it just didn't feel like a park.

Hey shouldn't b***h, IMO I sell rather have a new park that I don't completely agree with design wise but that's the best they could do? Sort of I feel about when I saw the Niners proposal of a their SC stadium and still feel it isn't that good design or architectly.
It looks like they took the Orioles Stadium and changed the color of it.

I don't want us to be copying features from other parks, building hotels or whatever the hell they're planning. I want a simplistic stadium with great sight-lines, lots of anemities, lots of lower boll seating to enhance the experience, and maybe a few features to exentuate the silicon valley location. Maybe rebuild a replica of that big tower and that scoreboard from Shibe park.

I just don't want some dorky copy-cat stadium that tries too hard to look quirky and ends of looking ridiculous (see Minute Maid Park)
Yep LF does look like LF from BAL's park.

ALL these newer parks look as they copy from one another. Just look across the bay where the owners there wanted the Coors Field LF bleachers and they built it exactly like it in COL.

From what "Cisco Field" may look like, it would have sort of a that BAL feel with the LF seats, the "warehouse" looking feel to it beyond the LF wall and into CF and really that LF corner looks like the Warehouse building at Petco.

Not to mention the scoreboard is in RF/CF.

The two deck feature with the press box at the top of the 2nd deck and below I guess you'd call a "small 3rd deck" would be like PNC in PIT, Wrighley in CHI, and the Nats new park which I mentioned previously.

Somebody at AN a while ago in a park thread mentioned about possibly adding some parts of Shribe Field into a new A's park.

In fact the LF looks a bit like Shribe with the two decks...

I was actually talking about the right field of Oriole Park. Lots of teams have double deck LF. Oriole Park has that big structure thing in RF and the scoreboard right next to hit in right-center field. That's almost carbon copy what the cisco field drawings show.
Carter and Larish sent down.

Buck and CoJax back up.

Sucks to see Carter up, knew he was gonna struggle early on as he does at every new level he goes to but damn, he looked really bad and that scouting report I think most knew about him about sliders and breaking balls away, well they were right.

Still think he'll end up being a good hitter when all said and done.

Buck has been tearing it up at AAA. .407/.458/.611 in 54 AUG ABs. Showing good gap power but very little HR power only 2 HRs in over 100 ABs at AAA, typical A's hitter I guess.

CoJax? We'll see. IMO he could be your third best OF in a good offensive lineup and good offensive OF. A guy who could hit you .280 with 10-15 HRs and 30+ 2Bs, but can he ever regain that form he had 3-4 years ago with ARZ? I'm not sure. Again, a "soft hitting" corner OF who has injury issues, PEFECT A's player eh?
If Connor Jackson could make it back to his Arizona form or near Arizona form he could be a good 4th outfielder (although he doesn't have as much defensive value as a 4th outfielder should) batting in the two hole against lefty's.
Being no hit again thru 5 IP.

This is just pathetic, an all time low really when you think of the what 4 or 5 hit the A's have had over the past 23 innings.

I said early in the season this lineup/team was ripe to get no hit this season, almost had two times already with no hitters taken into the 8th against the NYY with Hughes and yesterday with Slowey. Probable no hitters could've taken place well into the 5th and 6th innings. Tell you the A's probably have been no hit thru 5 or 6 innings the most this season even though TB has been no hit what 3 times this season already?

Now tonight against Marcum.

Honestly, I could give a damn at this point. What I would pay to be a fly on the wall during a conversation between Geren and Beane these days.
A's have the best ERA in the AL.

Now ERA doesn't have the cache that it may have had a decade ago with all these new saber #s being the hip thing now.

But if the A's continue to pitch well the last 6-7 weeks of the season, be the first time in A's history, least Oakland history that if they have the #1 ERA in the AL and not make the playoffs which is a sure bet now.

I remember July was a huge offensive month. A's hit their most HRs all season in that month but it's been a huge down the drain type of month offensively in AUG.

Cust, Suzuki, Kouz...guys who really stepped up last month are having pathetic AUGs.

CoJax with a HR to end no hitter in 7th.

Still the way the A's are hitting, I think there is a good chance they get no hit sometime this season.
Oh yeah, A's signed all their top picks.

Cabrera who IMO could be the A's 3B of the future, was projected as high as really the A's first pick the week leading into the draft but doubt those rumors were true but he was still targeted as a legit early 20s type pick in the first round and surprised he dropped and VERY HAPPY the A's drafted him with their 2nd round. Cabrera got 1.25 million.

Shipman their 3rd rounder, a high schooler from Georgia signed for 500K.

Lewis who last week was leaning towards going to SDSU signed for 300K.

A's signed all but one of their top 20 picks.

Much needed influx of young talented, potential high upside bats the A's drafted/signed two months ago.

And as you can see the A's need to add as many bats to this system as they can.
What the? A's not only hit, but scored runs too, heck they had even a couple of hits with RISP??!!!!

Course TOR horrible D helped out late in the game but the bad luck the A's have had for really the past week ever since they took 2 out of 3 from TEX two weekends ago, their offense has been dreadful.

Also nice to see Braden continuing to pitch well notching his 8th win giving him a .500 record now at 8-8. His luck seems to be turning around after not only early in the season but after his perfect game, he got lousy luck be it poor run support or just funky things happening in games he pitched in.

A's have the #1 ERA in the AL and even during this span where they offense has stunk, it's not like they've been getting blown out. Giving up 21 runs in the past 8 games yet this is only their 2nd win in that span.

If only this team even had an average, not great offense. That should be Beane's priority and if he has to overpay more or at least offer an much larger contract than he has in previous seasons to FAs who declined, then so be it. Least TRY to fix the issues by upping the ante to these FAs that can help this team win.
we need like 3 or 4 solid bats in FA this off season... look at the giants they got some scrubs in Huff and Burrell and these guys are mashing
Hey man...whoTF is Steve Tolleson? Dude rakes. LOL They say that he was hitting .332 in Sac this season. He's 6 for 14 in the bigs this year.
Share 49ersWebzone