There are 195 users in the forums

Official 2010 Oakland A's Thread

Congrats to Suzuki on his new deal too.

Well deserved.

Just hope he gets out of this slump he's been in this month. Suzuki has had to go thru a lot of s**t this year from injuries that took him out for almost a month of action to losing a family member. Both happened to take place right when he was on hot streak too.

With Anderson and Suzuki locked up for the next 4-5 years, I'd think Cahill will be next in line for an extension where the A's signed the previous two thru their ARB years and possibly one year into his FA meaning he'll signed up thru 15.
Jack freakin Cust! Now hitting .306. Yesterday, 2 bombs and THREE Walks. Dude is Dialed in so much that he's now being rumored as trade bait.
[ Edited by Jigga on Jul 25, 2010 at 12:24 PM ]
I think this series is truly make or break for our season... if we could some how come away with 2 games this series and 2 games against chicago over the weekend then we might be able to sneak into the division lead.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I think this series is truly make or break for our season... if we could some how come away with 2 games this series and 2 games against chicago over the weekend then we might be able to sneak into the division lead.

Yup. Make or break. Buyers or sellers.
Best opportunity to score right there... not having Rajai steal with carson up really hurt because the next at bat crisp had a base hit
Cahill with the LOCK on the Rangers' bats today. 8 strong with only 2 hits.

Breslow with the hammer in the 9th. Good game tonight.
Originally posted by Jigga:

too bad we couldn't steal last nights game... goin into tomorrow lookin to sweep would have been huuuuuge
A lot of people like to say that Cahill is really lucky and not actually as good as he is but when you allow two line drives in 8 innings and have a 13-6 (68%) groundout to flyout ratio you're not going to give up a lot of hits.

I was watching the highlights on mlb.com and it was crazy the amount of times it showed weak ground balls hit that didn't even make it to the pitching mound. And this was against the 3rd best offense in the entire mlb.

I would still like to see him lower his homerun rate a bit and get his strikeout to walk ratio at 2-1 or higher but other than that Cahill has been phenominal this year.

Imagine if we had been able to trade for Haren again, it's not like what the Angels gave up was anything spectacular, in fact it was quite miniscule considering that he still had 2.5 years on his contract at a pretty affordable rate.

Haren-Anderson-Cahill-Gonzalez-Mazzaro

droool.....
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by Jigga:

too bad we couldn't steal last nights game... goin into tomorrow lookin to sweep would have been huuuuuge

Tough game on Tuesday night. Cliff Lee was dealing/paid off the ump. I had a feeling that the Nelson Cruz HR was gonna happen. Wuertz really shouldnt be working as much as he has been.

In the past couple 3-game series vs Boston and ChiSox, the A's have lost the first game, then won the remaining 2 games. We'll see what happens in Arlington tonight.
We jus do not have enough offense... period.

Is there really no outfielder out there that we can get that will upgrade our team?

We have no hitters on our team that are anything better than average.
We have 10 more games vs. Texas. Have to make a quick run through ChiSox and KC before the Rangers come to Oakland next weekend.
Complete game by Braden... so sweet.
I just don't think we have the offense to get much better than .500.
This team is toying with our emotions, man. Our Pitching is lights out...then the bats fade.

The bats heat up, and our pitchers don't bring it. We need to take a long look at the waiver wire over the next couple of weeks if we wanna attempt to hang with Wash and his boys.
Share 49ersWebzone